GDT: 2019 NHL/Bruins Free Agent Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Again, I really don’t see what many see in Anders Bjork.

I see mashed potatoes holding his shoulder joint together with a head filled with more mashed potatoes

Great skater, fast, good passer and shooter and playmaker, and smart. I don't understand the "head filled with more mashed potatoes" comment at all. You should read up on Bjork: he strikes me as a very intelligent and thoughtful young man. Besides, it seems apparent that the organization thinks very highly of him.

Last edited:

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Great skater, fast, good passer and shooter and playmaker, and smart. I don't understand the "head filled with more mashed potatoes" comment at all. You should read up on Bjork: he strikes me as a very intelligent and thoughtful young man. Besides, it's seems apparent that the organization thinks very highly of him.

I think he is refering to shoulder injuries and concussions.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
If I'm not mistaken, he's just had one concussion, right (Matt Martin hit)? Hardly a head full of mashed potatoes.

Was just clarifying, not entering the debate.
Whether his head is mashed potatoes or yams means nothing once camp starts. We will see what he has then. I'm not penciling him in for any spot however, he has had a rough first 2 pro years and is well deserved of both:1. A chance to be a top 6 NHLer and 2. Everyones doubt about him being able to last a full season without injury.
Everyone expected him to be a full timer last season and here we are saying the same things again.

I hope he comes back with a vengeance with 10lbs more muscle and more situation awareness about how to take a hit at the NHL level. That way he can actually play up to his ability without getting knocked out with injuries.
But I also wish this for all the Bruins.
Another season like last and Neely will have to add on a new player only wing to Mass. General.

Reactions: Strafer

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Again, I really don’t see what many see in Anders Bjork.
Bjork and Heinen on the same team, the league will tremble in fear. Maybe they can get Spooner back and try to recreate the Lucic_Krejci-Horton line for 2019.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Bjork and Heinen on the same team, the league will tremble in fear. Maybe they can get Spooner back and try to recreate the Lucic_Krejci-Horton line for 2019.
The top 7 forwards going into camp

Bergeron
Marchand
Pastrnak
Krejci
DeBrusk
Coyle
Heinen

The bottom 3 include

Kuraly
Wagner
Nordstrom

That leaves Bjork to compete for one of two spots

I would stick him on fourth line LW for 40 games like Marchand got

Bjork-Kuraly-Wagner

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
The top 7 forwards going into camp

Bergeron
Marchand
Pastrnak
Krejci
DeBrusk
Coyle
Heinen

The bottom 3 include

Kuraly
Wagner
Nordstrom

That leaves Bjork to compete for one of two spots

I would stick him on fourth line LW for 40 games like Marchand got

Bjork-Kuraly-Wagner

No room for Bjork. He wont make the cut.

Kuhlman, Studnicka and Senyshyn all ahead of him come opening night of the season.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Bobby Margs is probably right when it comes to the RFAs, which is actually a little dangerous for TB, Toronto, and the others outstanding. If they get to the point to where they can't go over 10% of the cap anymore..or even if they can but then only have like 5 days to figure the rest out, Marner, Tkachuk, Point, etc. are going to be ripe for the plucking.

But when you look around the league, there are a lot of teams in interesting spots that suggest they aren't done.

Vancouver has like 15-16 NHL forwards at the moment

NYR still needs to get Trouba, Buchnevich, and DeAngelo done, Trouba is rumored at 7+, and they've been all over the rumors trying to clear space

Everyone is aware of TB and Toronto

Jets are fine from a cap position, but still haven't finished with Laine yet and appear to be putting a lot of their chips in young ELC guys this up coming season(Not entirely sure if this is accurate but just looking at capfriendly)

Buffalo is still shopping around Risto, Edmonton is still shopping Poolparty and Lucic, Vancouver still shopping Virtanen and Eriksson, Vegas shopping Gusev, Vlad Tkachev is still out there as an option.

and then on the other foot, there are still plenty of teams, like the Bruins, who appear to need 1-2 more pieces.

Now, I don't think that the rest of the summer will be NBA style madness, but I do think the offseason is far from over...maybe just a pause while we wait for arbitrations

Great GREAT post!!:thumbu:

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Wanna bet? I’d also argue that he’s ahead of the other three players whom you mention.

Not a chance hes ahead of them right now. He just came back from shoulder surgery again and neither hit looked punishing at all.

He needs to prove a lot too me,like being able to stay healthy, before I put him ahead of any of those three. He has the skills, but tends to leave himself exposed way to often at the NHL level, and so far he hasn't translated those skills into a productive NHL player.

Until he shows me, he's productive and just isn't all show and no go, Im not putting him in front of those three, for the start of the season. 15 points in 50 NHL games by a player who constantly leaves himself exposed and has you looking for more, and hasn't been able to stay healthy in any of his 3 pro-seasons, and accumulating only 72 games over that time period, I'm not seeing it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fenian24

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass

giphy.gif

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Wild LWs: Parise, Zucker, Greenway, Fiala, Donato, and Foligno.

It will be interesting to see how Donato fits.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
If Donato breaks out for them, that'll definitely help out Minnesota. Good for them, and great for Donato! I hope for his sake the kid flat out earns that contract and surpasses expectations

I'm still thrilled the B's have Coyle though. And given that lack of center depth coming up the pipeline, I think that just makes it more important that Boston made that trade to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad