GDT: 2019 NHL/Bruins Free Agent Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
Sucks that because Matthews and Pajamas are the golden boys in Toronto, Marner will be forced into second/third fiddle despite being what i feel is a comparable or even better player than both of em

I see Marner as a top 10 player in the league and best Leaf. AM shots, that's why they love him, which ya would wouldn't. But without Marner neither AM or JT see 40 goals that easily. I actually don't think JT ever gets there without Marner.

He should have been paid before they did anything else. Don't even get me going on the JT signingo_O

The90

Feb 27, 2017
I see Marner as a top 10 player in the league and best Leaf. AM shots, that's why they love him, which ya would wouldn't. But without Marner neither AM or JT see 40 goals that easily. I actually don't think JT ever gets there without Marner.

He should have been paid before they did anything else. Don't even get me going on the JT signingo_O
Why can’t you see Matthews getting 40 without marner? They’ve never played on the same line, last year even being the first year they played on the same pp.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Have to think the Bruins would have already moved Krug if they knew he priced himself out of Boston. If he's not re-signed by the trade deadline, he may get moved, but I also feel like if Bruins' management believes they have another shot this season, he could act as a rental.

I only hope that if the Bruins do re-sign Krug, they do not overpay him.

That just makes fixing the issue/issues more difficult.

He's the best guy who could help to address that current top6 issue, and losing him for nothing would be bad.
You'd enter next offseason without Krug+ his return, then what else would you have to trade for that top6 player?

This team needs cap space& a top6 forward for DeBrusk- Krejci.

Reactions: Bodit9 and Strafer

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Maybe we should all come to the realization that, like many among us , hockey and most of those who matter, are on vaction. Pretty sure that not much is going to happen between now and September. Sure there will be a few crumbs for you to nibble on, but by and large , your going to go hungry if you're waiting for anything exciting happen.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Maybe we should all come to the realization that, like many among us , hockey and most of those who matter, are on vaction. Pretty sure that not much is going to happen between now and September. Sure there will be a few crumbs for you to nibble on, but by and large , your going to go hungry if you're waiting for anything exciting happen.

It never does with the Bruins.

Reactions: Mpasta

member 96824

Bobby Margs is probably right when it comes to the RFAs, which is actually a little dangerous for TB, Toronto, and the others outstanding. If they get to the point to where they can't go over 10% of the cap anymore..or even if they can but then only have like 5 days to figure the rest out, Marner, Tkachuk, Point, etc. are going to be ripe for the plucking.

But when you look around the league, there are a lot of teams in interesting spots that suggest they aren't done.

Vancouver has like 15-16 NHL forwards at the moment

NYR still needs to get Trouba, Buchnevich, and DeAngelo done, Trouba is rumored at 7+, and they've been all over the rumors trying to clear space

Everyone is aware of TB and Toronto

Jets are fine from a cap position, but still haven't finished with Laine yet and appear to be putting a lot of their chips in young ELC guys this up coming season(Not entirely sure if this is accurate but just looking at capfriendly)

Buffalo is still shopping around Risto, Edmonton is still shopping Poolparty and Lucic, Vancouver still shopping Virtanen and Eriksson, Vegas shopping Gusev, Vlad Tkachev is still out there as an option.

and then on the other foot, there are still plenty of teams, like the Bruins, who appear to need 1-2 more pieces.

Now, I don't think that the rest of the summer will be NBA style madness, but I do think the offseason is far from over...maybe just a pause while we wait for arbitrations

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
And yet they continue to be one of the top teams in the league.

They have a good team but can you honestly say that middle 6 looks even good?
Sweeney never makes any moves during summers.

The core vets guys won't be in their prime forever

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Sweeney never makes any moves during summers.

That's such a strange thing to say when we're still dealing with the Backes and Beleskey contracts at this moment. And then there's the free agent moves he made last summer that all worked out. And the big moves he made his first offseason.

It's fair to say he's been averse to making big moves during the summer the last few years. For me, I find it hard to fault that when the big moves have blown up in his face repeatedly. There aren't many moves that have been made to this point that I wish the Bruins would have made

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I really don't know why the rush to do moves...
Let things settle, see what will happens...
There's no leaks from Sweeney, so we have no idea what's going on.
A good GM never shows his hand. I fully thrust him to do what's best for the organization.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Not enough unfortunate things can happen to that franchise, IMO

Agreed:DD

I actually liked the leafs growing up as my next to favorite team to the Bruins, back in the Sittler and Salming days, but as time has gone by, many of their fans have become more annoying than ever, so its like music to my ears, to see them falter and struggle, and without them even realizing that its happening.

TeachMeHowtoDougie

Jul 24, 2011
Arlington, MA
Assuming they do not add anyone else of note, would love to see them balance the lines a little bit. Something like this might be decent:

Marchand-Bergeron-Heinen
Bjork-Krejci-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Coyle-Studnicka
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Wagner

Maybe sub Ritchie in for Studnicka if he's not ready. Would love to see them add another top 6 body and move Backes, but if they can't, a lineup like that would be palatable (I think?).

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Assuming they do not add anyone else of note, would love to see them balance the lines a little bit. Something like this might be decent:

Marchand-Bergeron-Heinen
Bjork-Krejci-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Coyle-Studnicka
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Wagner

Maybe sub Ritchie in for Studnicka if he's not ready. Would love to see them add another top 6 body and move Backes, but if they can't, a lineup like that would be palatable (I think?).
Bjork is not an NHL top 6 player, add in he is injury prone. Studnicka should play a full year in Providence to get ready to take one of the center rolls in the near future, maybe next year with Coyle's spot and in a year or two he is hopefully good enough to take Krejci's when he retires or moves on, the short term potential gain of him playing wing in the NHL is negated, to me, by his not getting a full year of playing center in the AHL and getting ready to be a top 6 NHL center, hopefully. There is a Heine thread I won't even get into, let's just say I don't think he is a top 6 forward on a contending team.

They have trouble scoring, taking away DeBrusk from Krejci creates multiple holes instead of solving the scoring depth issue. They need to go outside the organization for a top 6 winger, at this point it will have to be by trade.

Reactions: Strafer

TeachMeHowtoDougie

Jul 24, 2011
Arlington, MA
Bjork is not an NHL top 6 player, add in he is injury prone. Studnicka should play a full year in Providence to get ready to take one of the center rolls in the near future, maybe next year with Coyle's spot and in a year or two he is hopefully good enough to take Krejci's when he retires or moves on, the short term potential gain of him playing wing in the NHL is negated, to me, by his not getting a full year of playing center in the AHL and getting ready to be a top 6 NHL center, hopefully. There is a Heine thread I won't even get into, let's just say I don't think he is a top 6 forward on a contending team.

They have trouble scoring, taking away DeBrusk from Krejci creates multiple holes instead of solving the scoring depth issue. They need to go outside the organization for a top 6 winger, at this point it will have to be by trade.

I agree that the best move is for them to trade for a top 6 player. But the point of my post was in the event that they do not. Say what you want about Heinen but he looked good in his limited time with 63 and 37. And I think giving Pasta to Krejci makes taking DeBrusk away from him ok, but that's just me.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I agree that the best move is for them to trade for a top 6 player. But the point of my post was in the event that they do not. Say what you want about Heinen but he looked good in his limited time with 63 and 37. And I think giving Pasta to Krejci makes taking DeBrusk away from him ok, but that's just me.

I’m all for having a top 6 of

Marchand Bergeron Heinen
Debrusk Krejci Pastrnak

Coyle is going to be saddled with Ritchie i assume. Maybe Kuhlman and Bjork play themselves into permanent spots. Hopefully.

All this being said, i would feel a lot better about it if Heinen was given his shot on the top line for longer stretches in the playoffs.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City

Marchand-Bergeron-Heinen
Bjork-Krejci-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Coyle-Studnicka
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Wagner

That lineup is along the lines of what I’d like to see, but I would have Bjork as first-line RW, Heinen as second-line LW and Kuhlman as third-line RW. Studnicka is better served playing C in Providence.

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
I’m all for having a top 6 of

Marchand Bergeron Heinen
Debrusk Krejci Pastrnak

Coyle is going to be saddled with Ritchie i assume. Maybe Kuhlman and Bjork play themselves into permanent spots. Hopefully.

All this being said, i would feel a lot better about it if Heinen was given his shot on the top line for longer stretches in the playoffs.
I'm not sure why you say Coyle is saddled with Richie before he even plays a game? If Ritchie can protect the puck half as well as Coyle and goes to the front of the net, we are already a better team!
Would have liked to keep Johanson but Carlo and CMA are priorities! I think I will wait on Ritchie since I don't know much about him. I wasn't a fan of Nordstrom until the POs so you never know. Some players play better on other teams also, so who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad