NFL: 2019 NFL season news & notes discussion thread (Bruce Allen removed from football ops in WSH)

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Because Viking fans don't suffer enough:

Keenum through 2 games in Washington; 601 yards, 69.1 completion rate, 5 TD, 0 INT, 8.6 YPA

Cousins through 2 games in Minnesota this year: 328 yards, 52.4 completion rate, 2 TD, 2 INT, 7.6 YPA

Ugly to say the least. Would be way more heat if the Vikings lost to Atlanta last week

Cousins is much better than Keenum so that's not an issue for me. The Vikings were obviously disappointing last season but I didn't see anyone talking about Keenum's stats or performance then. The performance that led to him being replaced by Joe Flacco. Not paying Keenum was 100% the right move.

The problem is that Cousins just isn't that guy. You knew he wasn't in Washington but the hope was the Vikings talent would be able to carry him and it hasn't happened. Yesterday's pathetic performance was just more evidence that he can't be trusted. I see some people complaining about the play call but I think that's ridiculous. If you can't trust your nearly $30M/yr QB on 1st and goal from close to the five yard line then you need a new QB. All they really need from him is to be a game manager and he hasn't even been able to do that because of his decision making.

Reactions: Big Poppa Puck

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
If those are the teams, take the Washington pick. They could end up with two top five picks.
It’s Pittsburgh. Likely end up with between pick 7-12.

Don’t see them worse than Miami, Giants, Bengals, and a couple of Bucs, Cards, Broncos, Jets, Washington.

Overall good value but man to trade a 2018 first rounder after just 18 games? Hardly anyone in this team will be left when it’s all said and done.

BiolaRunner

Jan 19, 2018
If I were the Jets, I'd serious consider giving Kaepernick a phone call. 0-2 to start the year and already down to your 3rd string QB

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
If I were the Jets, I'd serious consider giving Kaepernick a phone call. 0-2 to start the year and already down to your 3rd string QB
the johnson family are trump supporters
not exactly the kind of peeps that would endorse this type of signing...

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
Nobody in the NFL is touching Kaepernick with a ten foot pole even if they support him. The owners are all scared sh*tless of the barrage of Tweets that would be coming out of 1600 Pennsylvania avenue if they were to sign him.

member 157595

I definitely would want to start the guy who hasn't played a football game in 3 years.

This. Regardless of where one stands on his politics/social causes he hasn't played a NFL game in forever and he's not going to do so again. It's not worth the risk for a NFL team or for Kaepernick himself.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
The Jets are starting Luke Falk, who was on the practice squad this time last week.

He's played football more recently than Kapernick. There are plenty of QBs available who have more recent experience.

I think it's more about having a backup in the mix.

Yes, but if he's pressed into game action it would be the first time in 3 years. Not easy to get up to speed, especially since his mind is probably elsewhere.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Yes, but if he's pressed into game action it would be the first time in 3 years. Not easy to get up to speed, especially since his mind is probably elsewhere.
The other QB options out there are snagging other unemployed QBs or some team's practice squad spare whose last meaningful game was the [insert random consumer product company] Bowl where he played for Multi-Directional State.

With all of these QB injuries, there are not really any options worth a darn out there. If one will sell you a bunch of jerseys to help make some money from a lost season, I'd say it's a smart business move.

BiolaRunner

Jan 19, 2018
He's played football more recently than Kapernick. There are plenty of QBs available who have more recent experience.

At the bare minimum, it's worth giving him a call and having him do a workout for you.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
The other QB options out there are snagging other unemployed QBs or some team's practice squad spare whose last meaningful game was the [insert random consumer product company] Bowl where he played for Multi-Directional State.

With all of these QB injuries, there are not really any options worth a darn out there. If one will sell you a bunch of jerseys to help make some money from a lost season, I'd say it's a smart business move.

At the bare minimum, it's worth giving him a call and having him do a workout for you.

Disagree, he isn't worth the distraction and even if his "movement" or whatever you wanna call it has left the news discussion it would start right back up again should he even practice for a team. No team wants the media circus. I also don't think its worth it to give him a call, its not easy to just step back into things after a 3 year layoff but whatever, its not going to happen. IIRC Seattle approached the idea but decided it wasn't worth their time.

& after the NFL gave him 8 or 10 million (whatever the settlement was) I doubt owners will want to go anywhere near him. That was their money and sure they're all billionaires but its about the principal of it.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Disagree, he isn't worth the distraction and even if his "movement" or whatever you wanna call it has left the news discussion it would start right back up again should he even practice for a team. No team wants the media circus. I also don't think its worth it to give him a call, its not easy to just step back into things after a 3 year layoff but whatever, its not going to happen. IIRC Seattle approached the idea but decided it wasn't worth their time.

& after the NFL gave him 8 or 10 million (whatever the settlement was) I doubt owners will want to go anywhere near him. That was their money and sure they're all billionaires but its about the principal of it.
I get that you'll never give in on this because of him, so I'll drop it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad