NFL: 2019 NFL off-season news & notes discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I still can't believe ANYONE is in favor of more replays, let alone the vast majority of people. At this rate, I won't be a sports fan within a few years

Sep 19, 2008
I dno't see an issue with them reviewing PI. It should be revieawble in the first place. Maybe if these officials could actually get a call right once in a while they wouldn't need all this replay. I mean that play literally happened and nobody blew a whistle, how do you miss that :laugh:

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
I still can't believe ANYONE is in favor of more replays, let alone the vast majority of people. At this rate, I won't be a sports fan within a few years
although I agree, it's never made sense that this play/flag/situation is reviewable and others are not
phantom PI calls are called way more often than the Saints situation where PI is missed, glad these can be reviewed

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'm glad there's something in place to get the obvious calls right. I just hope this doesn't become the NHL offside challenge where they're breaking down slow motion replays frame by frame to determine if a defender got there a fraction of a second early. Yes, technically that's a penalty according to the rules but I don't think we need to go to that level.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Ummm...didn't he JUST get there?!

(yep hired a month ago - strange, hope everything's okay)

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
does he not realize he'll make less and not all of it will be guaranteed?

“[The desire to play in the NFL] is real,” said the 25-year-old. “Something that in 10 or 12 years I definitely want to try.”
Kickers are among the lowest paid players in the NFL – although most still earn upwards of $1m a year – but Kane says the move would not be about money. “It goes back to that drive to be the best,” he said. “Even if I download a game on my phone, can I be the best in the world? … If you play in the Premier League and the World Cup and you then play in the NFL, would you then be considered one of the greatest sportsmen ever?”

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Ok, I thought he meant right away at first.

May as well make his money in Europe then come here in his mid 30s to try out for the NFL, at worse he can sign in the MLS.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I still don't really get why they need to have coaches involved in challenges. Just run the whole game like they do with the ref in the box for the last two minutes, just make sure to limit it to major impact plays only.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Duke Johnson requests a trade.

Not a surprise. The Browns hardly use him. I like him a lot, but I kind of wonder if he'd be better off changing positions to be a slot WR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad