2019 NFL/NCAA Coaches on the Hotseat

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Zimmer should feel a lot of pressure, given it doesn't seem like he and the front office are on the same page.

Zimmer is under pressure but I don't think it's for that reason. Both him and Spielman appear to be in the same boat. They're likely both gone if the team doesn't make the playoffs and they might need more than just a playoff appearance to keep their jobs.

Adam Gase will be shocked when he is fired because I don't think he'll see it coming, but he won't make it, the GM was hired after Gase and amid turmoil.

From Glazer's mailbag last week:

Q: Any credence to the Adam Gase one-and-done rumors? Joe Douglas gets his own guy?

Glazer: Nope, no credence to that at all … and Douglas is HIS guy.

Gase somehow got so much control that he actually had a say in who they hired as GM. Just one of the reasons why he probably shouldn't be the one leading the Jets:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
A certain GM's seat gets hotter

“Do I trust him to fix what’s gone wrong? No. I mean, how did he fix it in the first place? He found himself a unicorn, Peyton Manning,” Schlereth said on FS1. “Peyton Manning makes up for a multitude of sins. All the quarterbacks he’s gotten after don’t.”

Schlereth said Elway has built a roster lacking in depth and talent, and he singled out left tackle Garrett Bolles, whom Elway drafted in the first round of the 2017 NFL draft, as a player who’s only on the roster because Elway can’t admit he was wrong to pick him. Schlereth said that Bolles is playing so poorly, the rest of the team resents it.

“You think you can continue to run him out and not every guy in that locker room’s pissed off? Why is he on this team? Why is he playing?” Schlereth said. “Because he was my first-round pick and I’m going to prove I got it right.”

Schlereth not holding back anything

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Hue Jackson was fired after a 2-5-1 start.

Freddie Kitchens is 2-6

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
He has to be fired, there is going to be an even more toxic atmosphere the last two months at the Meadowlands if he isn't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad