2019 NFL/NCAA Coaches on the Hotseat

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Time for HF's annual celebration of incompetent coaches & their march to the unemployment line. Yes, SJW's, we are a mean bunch here! :laugh:

We begin with the ever popular "Captain Khaki", from "the school up north", Jim Harbaugh. Pushed to OT at home by a 22 point, albeit feisty underdog, Harbaugh once again shows he has an offense that is stuck in the Bo Schembechler era and a team that looks very undisciplined.

With any luck, he will end up on FOX, sitting next to Snake Oil Salesman Urb, providing much needed hilarity to the viewing audience.

Last edited:

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
Pruitt and Chip are each starring down the barrel of 2-10 seasons.

Both of them have a $9,000,000 buyout.
However, Chip's buyout is seemingly a flat $9,000,000 until his contract's completion so there is no real financial incentive to give him extra years.

Pruitt's goes down like $2,000,000 every year until 2023 so they might consider keeping him for another year at least so the buyout is more palatable @ $6,000,000

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Pruitt and Chip are each starring down the barrel of 2-10 seasons.

Both of them have a $9,000,000 buyout.
However, Chip's buyout is seemingly a flat $9,000,000 until his contract's completion so there is no real financial incentive to give him extra years.

Pruitt's goes down like $2,000,000 every year until 2023 so they might consider keeping him for another year at least so the buyout is more palatable @ $6,000,000

Yeah, some of these buyouts are ridiculous. I think I read last year that Lovie Smith (!!!) had like a $20M buyout.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Lotta hate on psu boards for the oline coach limegrover. Little improvement in the years hes been here and hes been getting 4 star recruits. Franklin has shown he will let go of coaches on his staff who are not getting it done.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
Freddie Kitchens will probably last the entire season for a variety of reasons but boy that whupping today reflected badly on the coaching [almost 200 yards in penalties and some really stupid plays]

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Given how Steelers operate it would be hard to see them terminating him

His contract runs thru 2021 and that is likely when they may decide to part ways

Steelers haven't fired a HC since 1968

This, plus they tend to give their coaches as many years as they pretty much want, barring a catastrophic collapse. Cowher had 15 years, Tomlin is on year 13 now so 2021 sounds about right.

Tom Herman gotta go

If the Boosters are willing to shoulder the coast of whats owed, I can see him getting canned if things dont go as planned. They helped share the coast of his Houston buyout IIRC.

I would think if the Panthers falter that Rivera is done

Has to be by now... say they miss the playoffs (which is likely), that would be no playoffs in 4 out of 5 seasons since they made it to the big dance (crazy what happens when you don't have a historically easy schedule eh?) and the one year they did make it they were a one and done.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
What about Tomlin if the Steelers miss again?

It would have to be a disastrous season like 3-13 and even then they might not do it, that was a terrible game last night but it was just one game, and it was a game pretty much every steelers fan mark as an L before the season started anyways.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
As has been noted, the Steelers don't fire coaches much less change them. No one knows what the tipping point would be because we've never seen it from the Rooneys. I bet they wouldn't outright fire him though, they'd probably mutually part ways, let him resign/retire or something to that effect.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Freddie Kitchens will probably last the entire season for a variety of reasons but boy that whupping today reflected badly on the coaching [almost 200 yards in penalties and some really stupid plays]

No doubt that wasn't a great debut for Kitchens but I think the OL is the biggest question mark on the team and that's on the GM. He traded Zeitler away and was unable to find a LT so they have Greg Robinson protecting their franchise QB.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
It's crazy after only one game but i think Brian Flores might already be in discussion.

Not entirely his fault given the team is a mess, but by the sounds of it players have turned on him already.

Sep 19, 2008
USC's recent AD opening means Helton may not be longer for USC coach if USC loses.

The problem is that USC isn't losing :)

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Given how Steelers operate it would be hard to see them terminating him

His contract runs thru 2021 and that is likely when they may decide to part ways

Steelers haven't fired a HC since 1968
That is an insane stat.

Did not know that. But wow.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
It's crazy after only one game but i think Brian Flores might already be in discussion.

Not entirely his fault given the team is a mess, but by the sounds of it players have turned on him already.
I doubt Ross cans him. I'm sure many of the complainers will be gone by season's end (heck if Gase was still here they'd be gone today! :laugh:). Honestly, the only one I feel really sorry for is Rosen, because he is being set up to fail for a second year in a row. If he is not one of the complainers, then the rest of them should keep their yaps shut.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Dan Quinn's seat has to be warm. That was a pathetic display Sunday. Ciusins threw it 10 times and was still up by 28.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->