2019 NFL/NCAA Coaches on the Hotseat

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Bill O’Brien should be on the hot seat for that lousy final series. 6 seconds left with NO at your 49 with a TO and wanting 6-8 yards for a sub 60 yard FG attempt and your secondary on your left side plays off rather than press coverage? Wtf Crennel? Houston rushed 2 guys and had 2 safeties at their 30. Leaves 7 DBs against the saints 5 receivers. Press the 2 widest WR to the sidelines. Plant the 2 other defenders at the 40 to pick up any saints receiver who gets off press coverage.

Like former patriots lose their football IQ after they leave NE.

Ammendola stayed in bounds with 30 odd seconds left in OT rather than angle out of bounds but instead cut inside to gain 6 extra yards forcing the lions to burn their final TO.
The rookie TE on the previous play tried to get to the sidelines after he caught the ball.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Strange thing about O’Brien is that he actually seems to be a very good game day coach.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Bill O’Brien should be on the hot seat for that lousy final series. 6 seconds left with NO at your 49 with a TO and wanting 6-8 yards for a sub 60 yard FG attempt and your secondary on your left side plays off rather than press coverage? Wtf Crennel? Houston rushed 2 guys and had 2 safeties at their 30. Leaves 7 DBs against the saints 5 receivers. Press the 2 widest WR to the sidelines. Plant the 2 other defenders at the 40 to pick up any saints receiver who gets off press coverage.

Like former patriots lose their football IQ after they leave NE.

Ammendola stayed in bounds with 30 odd seconds left in OT rather than angle out of bounds but instead cut inside to gain 6 extra yards forcing the lions to burn their final TO.
The rookie TE on the previous play tried to get to the sidelines after he caught the ball.

He absolutely should be on it, as he should have been after last year despite going 11-5. But instead he basically got promoted to GM. He is 42-39 despite playing in a suspect division and only has 1 playoff win against a 3rd string quarterback. He also hasnt been able to put together a competent offensive line. I dont think he will go be going anywhere for a couple more years, which is a shame cause they are wasting Watson's rookie contract with him.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I'm rethinking my view on Flores. Tanking is one thing, but the way they are going about it is a bit bizarre. And after last night, I'd say Riverboat Ron's seat got a bit warmer.

There's tanking and then there's doing it like the Dolphins are doing.

Your top 15 pick of a safety wants out after one game, half of the team is demanding a trade out of the ****show. By the sounds of it the team turned on him as was being predicted once Tunsil was traded. A decent coach would at least mitigate the ire.

I'm fine with tanking. I'm not fine with tanking to the point you alienate the like, 3 decent players left on this roster (Howard, Fitzpatrick, Jones) to the point you'll be rebuilding while rebuilding.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
There's tanking and then there's doing it like the Dolphins are doing.

Your top 15 pick of a safety wants out after one game, half of the team is demanding a trade out of the ****show. By the sounds of it the team turned on him as was being predicted once Tunsil was traded. A decent coach would at least mitigate the ire.

I'm fine with tanking. I'm not fine with tanking to the point you alienate the like, 3 decent players left on this roster (Howard, Fitzpatrick, Jones) to the point you'll be rebuilding while rebuilding.
I think players now know how much it sucks to go through this kind of serious tanking. They see how miserable the Browns were and also how many of the players on those teams aren’t around now. They know the tank will suck, and they know being on a team this bad can hurt or prematurely end a career.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Jay Gruden is literally sitting in a chair of flames at this point

Skins 0-3 and honestly wouldn't shock me if Snyder fires him mid season at some point

Also if he doesn't hand over keys to Haskins soon the fans will probably riot

Reactions: OmniCube

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Jay Gruden is literally sitting in a chair of flames at this point

Skins 0-3 and honestly wouldn't shock me if Snyder fires him mid season at some point

Also if he doesn't hand over keys to Haskins soon the fans will probably riot
Washington has opened against Philly, Dallas and Chicago. I agree with not putting a 14 game college starter against those opponents to begin his career.

Smith is hurt so what can they expect this season. Haskins is very raw.

They have the giants , Patriots and Dolphins next. Not issues playing him against nyg, but is he ready for BB’s defense? Would expect Haskins for the Miami game.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
If Harbaugh gets the axe i wonder if he'd consider a return to the NFL?

Best believe teams would be lining up around the block for a chance to court him, especially given his incredible track record from his brief first run. 3 straight trips to the NFC championship game and his worst finish was 8-8.

he might not have to go far when the Lions fans want Patrica gone.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Chris Ash was shown the door at Rutgers. They've been non-competitive in the Big Ten.

If Harbaugh gets the axe i wonder if he'd consider a return to the NFL?

Best believe teams would be lining up around the block for a chance to court him, especially given his incredible track record from his brief first run. 3 straight trips to the NFC championship game and his worst finish was 8-8.

he might not have to go far when the Lions fans want Patrica gone.

The NFL isn't interested in underacheiving college coaches, Kingsbury aside, who only got the job because he played Jenga once with Sean McVay

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
They apparently made the decision to fire Ash two weeks ago then sat on it i.e. they basically hung him out to dry, waiting for the best time to announce like say after a big blowout loss. That's kinda bush league and also random given they could have fired him after last season, and few people would have raised much of a stink about it.

Sep 19, 2008
They apparently made the decision to fire Ash two weeks ago then sat on it i.e. they basically hung him out to dry, waiting for the best time to announce like say after a big blowout loss. That's kinda bush league and also random given they could have fired him after last season, and few people would have raised much of a stink about it.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Ash had to go, not that Rutgers is a B10 caliber team but they were uncompetitive even in the non-conference games.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Gruden is 35-48-1 as HC and his team's lone playoff appearance was in 2015 and was 1 and done

2014 = 4-12
2015 = 9-7
2016 = 8-7-1
2017 = 7-9
2018 = 7-9
2019 = 0-4

His team also faltered late in year in a couple of those seasons

In 2016 they were 6-3-1 and faltered down stretch to finish 8-7-1 (2-4 run to end year)
Last season they were 6-3 and faltered down stretch to finish 7-9 (1-6 run to end year)

Injuries hurt them last year but you cant excuse fact they lost to Philly both weeks they played them (Philly won playoff spot) and lost to pathetic Giants team in a blowout (40-16) down stretch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad