2019 NFL/NCAA Coaches on the Hotseat

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016
Hue Jackson was fired after a 2-5-1 start.

Freddie Kitchens is 2-6

GKJ, if your point is that Kitchens is being given unfair consideration over Jackson (?) Your comparison is deceptive.. Clueless Hue Jackson was 1-31, before that improved 2-5-1 season. Clueless Hue was fired after 3-36-1 start. One of the most generous tenures I've seen in the modern NFL. The complete opposite of what I assume you're suggesting (?)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
GKJ, if your point is that Kitchens is being given unfair consideration over Jackson (?) Your comparison is deceptive.. Clueless Hue Jackson was 1-31, before that improved 2-5-1 season. Clueless Hue was fired after 3-36-1 start. One of the most generous tenures I've seen in the modern NFL. The complete opposite of what I assume you're suggesting (?)
Hue was fired for a lot more reasons, the 1-31 is something they signed up for before the front office was all cleared out.

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016
Hue was fired for a lot more reasons, the 1-31 is something they signed up for before the front office was all cleared out.

I'll resubmit my question.. what is your point; comparing a generously truncated Clueless Hue' record vs. Kitchens current record ?

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Wonder when USC pulls the trigger and cans Helton, he's a dead man walking at this point. Do him right and fire him so he can get a jump start on any openings that come available in the next 2 months. Or pull a Kiffin & join the staff of a CFP hopeful.

I don't know how the Jets could watch Gase in their own division for years and think, "yeah this is our guy"

I felt so bad for Jets fans. Gase is the most overrated coach of the last 5 years.

Got hype cause he was the Broncos OC while their offence set records....... with Peyton Manning as QB. Wow, so surprised they had top offences with one of the best QBs of all time. Miami fell for the bait, got false hope after they made the playoffs and now they are a tire fire. I know the Jets take a lot of heat but who in their right mind would hire him..... :facepalm:

Last edited:

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Wonder when USC pulls the trigger and cans Helton, he's a dead man walking at this point. Do him right and fire him so he can get a jump start on any openings that come available in the next 2 months. Or pull a Kiffin & join the staff of a CFP hopeful.

I felt so bad for Jets fans. Gase is the most overrated coach of the last 5 years.

Got hype cause he was the Broncos OC while their offence set records....... with Peyton Manning as QB. Wow, so surprised they had top offences with one of the best QBs of all time. Miami fell for the bait, got false hope after they made the playoffs and now they are a tire fire. I know the Jets take a lot of heat but who in their right mind would hire him..... :facepalm:
The thing was, Peyton Manning swore by him & I got sucked into that hype. I love & respect Peyton more than many former NFL players, but I now don't get what he saw in Gase that was so special

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
The thing was, Peyton Manning swore by him & I got sucked into that hype. I love & respect Peyton more than many former NFL players, but I now don't get what he saw in Gase that was so special

Maybe he was trying to help a buddy out :dunno: :naughty:

Thing is tho, when you are an all time great QB.... who your OC is does not matter all that much, Peyton was going to do Peyton things with or without Gase. I get that his word is Gospel to some and I don't necessarily blame Ross for buying into the hype, but wow that set the franchise back a couple years. Now it looks like he's wasting yet another season for the Jets.

Personally, i thought he was overrated but I don't fault people for believing in him.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Being Peyton Manning’s coach didn’t get anyone else anywhere either. Turns out being that guy is an easy job as you don’t have to do anything - and when you do - it’s Peyton Manning, he’s going to do what he wants. Didn’t get it once he started moving around and nothing ever happened where he went. He’s going to be in a spring league in like 3 years.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Being Peyton Manning’s coach didn’t get anyone else anywhere either. Turns out being that guy is an easy job as you don’t have to do anything - and when you do - it’s Peyton Manning, he’s going to do what he wants. Didn’t get it once he started moving around and nothing ever happened where he went. He’s going to be in a spring league in like 3 years.

Exactly.

Giants coaching staff, train wreck.

On the hot seat

I don't see Shurmur coaching next year unless Jones plays better and/or the Giants get a couple more wins.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
I don't really blame the Giants coaching...too much
the poorest decision making likely came from the front office when they decided to trot Eli out there again when they could have parted ways with him and spent that money elsewhere, rather than having 30 million of cap space on the bench. Jones has looked much better than expected, with the typical rookie mistakes mixed in. I think Shurmur gets one more year to have an offseason to reorganize.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Patrcia D getting picked apart by Mitch Trubisky

He surely has to be on hot seat as this trainwreck of a D is his baby

6-10 1st year as HC
3-4-1 (Soon hopefully to be 3-5-1)

Dont see anything to justify the Patrica experiment any further

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Andy’s not going anywhere.

I think Dantonio has some rope

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Absolutely

He should have already been canned IMO given his failures at QB position that frankly squandered several years in which Broncos should have been contending

Not to mention he is one who hired Joseph who failed miserably as HC

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Elway is on borrowed time, he maximized on Peyton Manning's abilities and got a Super Bowl.
Since then, he's been downright terrible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad