2019 NFL/NCAA Coaches on the Hotseat

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Now the spokesperson for Khan is saying that Marrone won't be fired until Khan has a 1 one 1 meeting with him, or something. Someone is not getting their story straight here.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
I really don't see why the heck they are going to keep Quinn.

Ever since 28-3, its been downhill for the team.
Arthur Blank is a great owner because he's absolutely loaded and doesn't care about making money off his teams, he just wants to win and he doesn't get involved in the player decisions or force the GM's hand. He's also a terrible owner because he is extraordinarily nice and doesn't want to fire people. He gives everyone 3rd and 4th chances.

Dimitroff has built multiple Super Bowl contenders in Atlanta, so you get the feeling he was always going to be safe even without the 2nd half turnaround. But if the problem isn't the GM and players, then it has to be coaching, right? That's the problem here. You can blame injuries for last season, but this one was entirely on coaching. There's no way around that.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Arthur Blank is a great owner because he's absolutely loaded and doesn't care about making money off his teams, he just wants to win and he doesn't get involved in the player decisions or force the GM's hand. He's also a terrible owner because he is extraordinarily nice and doesn't want to fire people. He gives everyone 3rd and 4th chances.

Dimitroff has built multiple Super Bowl contenders in Atlanta, so you get the feeling he was always going to be safe even without the 2nd half turnaround. But if the problem isn't the GM and players, then it has to be coaching, right? That's the problem here. You can blame injuries for last season, but this one was entirely on coaching. There's no way around that.

I expected Dimitroff to keep his job but thought for sure Quinn was getting the axe.

I guess his leash is extremely short now.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
ICB reported that Moorehead was out Nov 28 2019

I believe they were going to fire him after the Egg Bowl but Ole Miss pissed (literally :laugh:) that game away, and Moorhead proclaimed in the post-game that "My yankee ass is staying here". I guess the Bowl loss to Louisville was the final straw.

I'm not sure what their gameplan is. They compete in the toughest division in college football (Alabama, LSU, Auburn), have never been good historically, located in what is considered the worst state in the country, have to compete with another in-state school (Ole Miss) for recruits, and are in a town that isn't like their neighbors to the north (Oxford, which is seen as a party town, Starkville is seen as a blue-collar town with a university in it). It's got to be hard to recruit top athletes there, especially when those athletes are just as likely to go play for Alabama or LSU instead.

Moorhead just led MSU to two straight wins over Ole Miss and two bowl appearances. Thats a good start post-Mullen. What they did under Mullen isn't likely to be duplicated and if it is, it's going to take time. The 10-3 season they had occured in Mullens 6th season.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Not sure what to think about this, Virginia Tech shouldn't be a stepping stone to mid-level Big 12 programs
Baylor has more money than VT. A lot more.

To give you one quick peek under the hood, despite having half the number of student of Virginia Tech, Baylor has a larger endowment. Word is the Big 12 didn't even want to include Baylor when the conference was being formed, but Baylor had enough important people in state government to make it clear to the Big 12 leaving Baylor out would be a bad idea.

Reactions: Voight

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

To give you one quick peek under the hood, despite having half the number of student of Virginia Tech, Baylor has a larger endowment. Word is the Big 12 didn't even want to include Baylor when the conference was being formed, but Baylor had enough important people in state government to make it clear to the Big 12 leaving Baylor out would be a bad idea.
Oh I totally buy all of that, power conference in the state of Texas.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Baylor is a corrupt school that flies under the radar in its corruption because it has such a low profile nationally. I can't think of any other school that had such major scandals in both their hoops and football programs in this century, but they managed to do it.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
Baylor is a corrupt school that flies under the radar in its corruption because it has such a low profile nationally. I can't think of any other school that had such major scandals in both their hoops and football programs in this century, but they managed to do it.
Well at least everyone who was involved in the coverups at Baylor are tainted and will never be in a position of power ever again.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Baylor also has plenty of rich alumni (boosters) still living in the state, Jim Crane being one of the most notable.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00