NFL: 2019 NFL Draft Prospects (Kyler Murray declares for draft)

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
You're assuming that some of these DT's are pass rushers though. Outside of Quinnen Williams none seem to have that type of upside.

Turay and Lewis are the only long term pieces we have on our d-line.

I dunno why as soon as someone says NT , people instantly think of a classic 330 lbs 3-4 clogger. The Colts scheme doesn't require one.

There's guys that could play either DT position and potentially provide interior pressure.

Tillery, Wilkins, Dre'Mont Jones, Simmons, Gerald Willis et al could play 3-tech or NT on passing downs. And then there's guys who'd play NT in our system , but are total freaks like Derrick Brown and Raekwon Davis and would be stout against the run , whilst providing pass-rushing upside and due to their freakish traits, could be 3-down players. Pretty sure Davis had 8.5 sacks last year. It's not like he's incapable. He's just scratching the surface , imo.

I just don't understand the connotation of taking a NT and all of sudden he's a player you can grab later in the draft. Like.... what? There's variations of NT's. It's not "3-techs or wait."

This reminds me of the "taking a guard too high" nonsense last year with Nelson.

I mean, sure, if we wanted the next Al Woods, just wait until later in the draft , but the idea is you get a guy with rare traits in a position that typically doesn't provide it.

If you can get a beast 4-3 NT, who's an athletic freak, and can move the pocket back-- you do it. Davis and Brown aren't normal NT/DT's. They'd be going much higher in a normal D-line draft.

Sapp and McFarland can co-exist , same goes for Suh and Fairley. That's the blueprint. Not Sapp and Grover Stewart.

Last edited:

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Dexter Lawrence might be the only one available at our spot though, and he's more of a 1-technique you can find in later rounds imo. Guys like Davis, Gary and Oliver are out of the question now.

I know Lawrence is a freak for his size, but I dunno why... I just don't think he'd be great with us. I see him as a Raven or Titan ... someone like that.

That guy is a true 3-4 NT, for me. 340+ pounds... I mean, damn. Maybe he'll prove me wrong.

There's gunna be guys that drop when there's that much talent in a single positional group. Teams will have that position taken care, or they'll reach for need and QB's like they do every year. I don't care that it's a weak QB class.

-Oliver has been a pipe dream since we dug ourselves outta that 1-5 hole.
-Gary concerns me anyways. Tantalizing potential , but damn, there's some flags.

I'm hoping Davis drops , but we'll see what happens. Like I posted above, there's quite a few guys I like.

Cristian Wilkins or Tillery feels Colt-ish to me , but who the hell knows.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dominator13

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
How is this years crop of kickers to draft late or acq via UDFA looking?
Rookie kickers don’t have much of a leash. Carlson from min didn’t last. Agrayu had a long leash but could not perform.

I’m sure there’s a couple of guys who will get drafted. But it’s very rare to see a kicker with the same organization he first signed with coming out of college, either as a draft pick or free agent.

Majority have been on multiple rosters over their careers.

Short list of like Tucker, Crosby, gostkowski, and maybe another rookie or 2 have been with 1 team.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

I don't know if he'll be good but he's fun to watch from what I've seen of him.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I've seen Murray listed anywhere from 5'8 - 5'11 but he doesn't look much taller than 5'8. With the league protecting the Quarerbacks, the size/strength in terms of being able to take a hit aren't really that big anymore. But if he is 5'8 you wonder about him standing in the pocket and perhaps seeing and throwing over linemen regularly?

I've also seen 1st overall - 3rd round projections on where he'll be taken

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Wow. Now that's one I wasn't expecting.

Is it possible he's thinking that next year's class of DTs won't be as talented or deep and that he might make more money waiting an extra year?
If he falls to round 2 then he is not subjected to the 5th year team option and can sign after year 3. But he earns less during his rookie deal.

A 5 year deal assuming the option is picked up for say the 25th pick vs a 4 year deal at pick 35? More guaranteed money to start as a first rounder vs earlier free agency as a 2nd round pick.

I guess he advisors laid out the financial impact of the 2 options and he decided to return to school.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
As for Mizzou, Damarea Crockett entered the Draft. I want the Rams to use their likely seventh-round compensatory pick to get him. Can you imagine a backfield of Gurley, Kelly and Crockett?

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
If he falls to round 2 then he is not subjected to the 5th year team option and can sign after year 3. But he earns less during his rookie deal.

A 5 year deal assuming the option is picked up for say the 25th pick vs a 4 year deal at pick 35? More guaranteed money to start as a first rounder vs earlier free agency as a 2nd round pick.

I guess he advisors laid out the financial impact of the 2 options and he decided to return to school.

Plus he has a better shot at being a projected 1st rounder next year than this year. Just way too much talent across the board for him to sneak in.

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
Please excuse my stupid and unknowledgable question (albeit still answer it): Wasn't/isn't Rosen considered to be(come) a legit QB as well? His first year was ugly, but shouldn't the Cardinals rather trade their first overall pick instead of losing another season to break in a rookie QB? Especially one that comes with some question marks (slender frame and a possible baseball career).

Gruß,
BSHH

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Please excuse my stupid and unknowledgable question (albeit still answer it): Wasn't/isn't Rosen considered to be(come) a legit QB as well? His first year was ugly, but shouldn't the Cardinals rather trade their first overall pick instead of losing another season to break in a rookie QB? Especially one that comes with some question marks (slender frame and a possible baseball career).

Gruß,
BSHH

Baseball career is out the window at this point.

Breaking in Rosen is something they signed up for. Most good QB's make their biggest jump between years 1 and 2.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad