NFL: 2019 NFL Draft Prospects (Kyler Murray declares for draft)

member 157595

As a DJ and Fitz fantasy owner I watched way too much of them. Under McCoy they might have been the worst offense I have ever seen. Leftwich at least tried some things but they still sucked.

You watched a lot of the Arizona Cardinals this past year? You should get hazard pay for that.

Sep 19, 2008
No surprise here. He was worth too much playing football. In the past maybe baseball would have a chance.

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
Reading this was more just a procedural thing that was going to happen anyways, and that he still had time to choose. Oh well. Well know for sure soon enough..

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
If he ends up drafted in the first round he'll make as much as more as his signing bonus from MLB, and if he proves to be a half decent starter he will make as much money as the best players in the MLB, it's a smart business decision. Main worry for me would be health though.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Kyler has some leverage still if he wants: Draft me in round 1 or I go play baseball.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
With this years QB class should we expect him to be more a mid 1st or late 1st rounder?

Or does he remain a 2nd rounder which is what a lot of people saw him as earlier in year?

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
He wasn't on anybody's radar because he was a lock for baseball. He will get the Manziel comp but he's much better.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Deadspin had a good breakdown of the salary structure. MLB is waiving rules so that they can market that they got the Heisman Trophy winner (not sure why people would care, but ok), that's where the extra $15M is coming from. But supposedly he doesn't get it until he gets to the majors. However, in baseball, arbitration rules don't let people get paid big dollars until they're 28-30 or so. And we've been starting to see how analytics and moneyball practices are beginning to eschew the huge free agent deals and squeezing the market.

So, if you're Kyler Murray, where's the money coming from and when are you getting it?

member 157595

I'm very intrigued to see where Haskins goes.

None of the top 3 teams are likely to be looking QB. I have no idea what the Raiders are doing; it would neither surprise me if Carr was moved nor kept. TB I think gives Winston one more chance; whether or not that's the right idea is a matter of opinion. I would think the Giants would jump on Haskins if he fell to them at #6 but then again I thought they were taking a QB last year so what do I know. No f***ing way do the Jaguars pass on Haskins if he falls to them unless they have a different QB graded higher.

Nowadays teams often won't wait to see if a QB falls to their spot, they do what they have to do to get their guy. Does someone (Broncos? Dolphins?) trade up to grab one, given the demand is greater than the supply?

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I don't know if they will, but the team that should move up would be the Bengals. You have a new coach with a background working with QBs, so lets get him his QB.

Trade Dalton, Sign Tannehill as the short-term starter (worked with Taylor in Miami) and then trade up for Haskins.

member 157595

I don't know if they will, but the team that should move up would be the Bengals. You have a new coach with a background working with QBs, so lets get him his QB.

Trade Dalton, Sign Tannehill as the short-term starter (worked with Taylor in Miami) and then trade up for Haskins.

The Bengals are cheap, they won't trade up.

I think too much of Haskins to want him to work for Mike Brown. However, if I were indeed the GM of the team I grew up cheering for and I had autonomy, what you're proposing is pretty much exactly what I'd look to do.

Reactions: m9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad