NFL: 2019 NFL Draft Prospects (Kyler Murray declares for draft)

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
How would you guys rank the following players :

Jeffery Simmons
Jerry Tillery
Isaiah Buggs
Dre'Mont Jones
Quinnen Williams
Gerald Willis III
Christian Wilkins
Ed Oliver
Rashan Gary (I think he's a 3-tech at the next level)

Derrick Brown
Dexter Lawrence
Raekwon Davis

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
If Bucs are drafting a QB round 1, and i think there’s a high chance they will if they clean house as is expected, I really hope they take a hard look at Haskins. He’s the only one I’d want to take the chance with.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
The Colts won't invest in a corner that high when they play mostly zone. I doubt they'll look at Devin White either with the emergence of Leonard and even Walker.

100% the Colts will take a DL/OL in the 1st round. Ballard is building from the inside out , as he's stated multiple times.

We desperately need a legit 3-technique or another edge rusher. And luckily for us, there's tons available this year.
So..

Thoughts on our debate after our hot streak?

- RT is obviously covered longterm with Smith
- D line is 4x better than expected.
- Corners have shutdown Hopkins and Cooper back to back. Quincy Wilson is improving.
- Anthony Walker Jr is a legit starting MLB

My wish now is Mack Wilson. I think if you give coverage relief to Walker and Leonard we might end up with the best LB trio since the Seahawks of 3 years ago.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
So..

Thoughts on our debate after our hot streak?

- RT is obviously covered longterm with Smith
- D line is 4x better than expected.
- Corners have shutdown Hopkins and Cooper back to back. Quincy Wilson is improving.
- Anthony Walker Jr is a legit starting MLB

My wish now is Mack Wilson. I think if you give coverage relief to Walker and Leonard we might end up with the best LB trio since the Seahawks of 3 years ago.

Nothing has changed for me , really. I still think we go trenches first round. We're sliding out of contention for the elite 3-techs/UT's , but the stud NT's should still be available.

I have my eyes on Derrick Brown, Raekwon Davis and Jerry Tillery (who can probably play either tackle position).

Mack Wilson is a stud, though- I wouldn't be too upset with that , but he'd 100% push Walker to the SAM , and thus, vastly decrease his playing time. We don't actually play with 3 LBer's that much.

As for Braden Smith, he's been great , but I'm not convinced he won't eventually slide back inside in time. Obviously if Glowinski can keep his play at this level , then I'd be beyond ecstatic, but I'm not banking on it. OT likely isn't a 1st round priority, but if something unforeseen like Jonah Williams falling or something happens , you never know. Strengthening a strength is never a bad call in the NFL , particularly on the O-line. I'm also a big fan of David Edwards.

It'll be interesting how it plays out, and I still haven't made my mind up on a lot of players , but I can say with all certainty that Chris Ballard is a friggin' beast. I trust that guy 100%.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Nothing has changed for me , really. I still think we go trenches first round. We're sliding out of contention for the elite 3-techs/UT's , but the stud NT's should still be available.

I have my eyes on Derrick Brown, Raekwon Davis and Jerry Tillery (who can probably play either tackle position).

Mack Wilson is a stud, though- I wouldn't be too upset with that , but he'd 100% push Walker to the SAM , and thus, vastly decrease his playing time. We don't actually play with 3 LBer's that much.

As for Braden Smith, he's been great , but I'm not convinced he won't eventually slide back inside in time. Obviously if Glowinski can keep his play at this level , then I'd be beyond ecstatic, but I'm not banking on it. OT likely isn't a 1st round priority, but if something unforeseen like Jonah Williams falling or something happens , you never know. Strengthening a strength is never a bad call in the NFL , particularly on the O-line. I'm also a big fan of David Edwards.

It'll be interesting how it plays out, and I still haven't made my mind up on a lot of players , but I can say with all certainty that Chris Ballard is a friggin' beast. I trust that guy 100%.

I doubt Ballard's going to be using a 1st rounder on a NT, even someone like Lawrence from Clemson. Jerry Tillery would be great, if he falls to our 2nd round pick selection. Mocks have Ferrell in our range now, that would be something special.

I also don't think there's a chance in hell Smith ever goes back to guard, he's too good where he's at.

Fun times are coming finally.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
I doubt Ballard's going to be using a 1st rounder on a NT, even someone like Lawrence from Clemson. Jerry Tillery would be great, if he falls to our 2nd round pick selection. Mocks have Ferrell in our range now, that would be something special.

I also don't think there's a chance in hell Smith ever goes back to guard, he's too good where he's at.

Fun times are coming finally.

We'll see what happens. I don't agree with you at all regarding NT's but we rarely agree it seems. Brown and Davis are total beasts.

Not a huge fan of Ferrell to be honest , nor Lawrence (in our scheme). I think Wilkins or even Bryant (later in the draft) would be better fits from Clemson.

Last edited:

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Jeffrey Simmons will be on the Colts radar. Ballard was in K.C. when they drafted a similar player in Chris Jones. Same school too. Also a mid to late 1st rounder.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Jeffrey Simmons will be on the Colts radar. Ballard was in K.C. when they drafted a similar player in Chris Jones. Same school too. Also a mid to late 1st rounder.

Yeah, I'm a big fan of Simmons as well , but I dunno how much that video will hurt his stock.

Jul 10, 2010
Albert Okwuegbunam. He's my prospect crush, and I don't know if he's declared already or not, but I'd love to have him on the Rams.
i think Everett is enough, especially with the Rams being in love with the 11 persona; and rarely using 2TE formations. I think Woods, Kupp and Cooks are all great and wouldnt want to decrease snaps for any of them

i think we need to pick a MLB in round 1 that can control the field and is a great tackler.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
We'll see what happens. I don't agree with you at all regarding NT's but we rarely agree it seems. Brown and Davis are total beasts.

Not a huge fan of Ferrell to be honest , nor Lawrence (in our scheme). I think Wilkins or even Bryant (later in the draft) would be better fits from Clemson.
I know we rarely agree, but I like it that way, it's all good.

I'm not the 1st to say this here, run stuffing Nose tackles can be found in later rounds, but it's a lot harder to find a 10+ sack artist from round 3 to 7.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Yeah, I'm a big fan of Simmons as well , but I dunno how much that video will hurt his stock.
I agree with Gene, that big miss-step is a thing if the past. What I love about Simmons is that he moves like he's 230 after he penetrates but bull-dozes like a true 300 pounder in the run game. I doubt he goes past 12 to 15, his potential is too high.

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
Best decision for him. Haskins should do the same but don't think he is.
Why do you think this decision is wise? Isn't Herbert practically leaving very good NFL money on the table and taking the risks of a weaker season, possible injuries and stronger competition?

Gruß,
BSHH

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot