NFL: 2019 NFL Draft Prospects (Kyler Murray declares for draft)

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I personally don't think its wise though its his life

He would have likely been #1 overall pick (Or at very least a high 1st rounder and 1st QB off board) this year and as we saw with Matt Barkley it can be disastrous to head back passing up chance to enter NFL

Reactions: Dominator13

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Why do you think this decision is wise? Isn't Herbert practically leaving very good NFL money on the table and taking the risks of a weaker season, possible injuries and stronger competition?

Gruß,
BSHH

Because he needs reps. Same as Haskins. Both are raw players. Next year the QB class won't be as weak but he's still more physically gifted than any of those players. There are questions about his leadership and toughness. He can answer those with his play.

Last edited:
Reactions: OmniCube

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

I don't think the Cardinals will pass on Bosa but either way, both them and the Niners are in great spots this year. One of them will get the best player in the draft (Bosa) and the other will likely get a massive haul from a QB desperate team.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Myles Garrett was the clear #1 2 years ago.
Well, usually.

Defensive ends is the most likely other position to have clear #1's. 3rd most 1OV picks by position behind QB and RB, but there's only been 2 RB's in 37 years. So if you're not going QB, DE is your best bet, and is a good reason why Nick Bosa will go 1OV.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Well, usually.

Defensive ends is the most likely other position to have clear #1's. 3rd most 1OV picks by position behind QB and RB, but there's only been 2 RB's in 37 years. So if you're not going QB, DE is your best bet, and is a good reason why Nick Bosa will go 1OV.
If the Cardinals are running a 3-4 next season, I'd go with Josh Allen personally. That kid is going to have Aldon Smith numbers imo. Most fun college player to focus on in 2018.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
If the Cardinals are running a 3-4 next season, I'd go with Josh Allen personally. That kid is going to have Aldon Smith numbers imo. Most fun college player to focus on in 2018.

Teams are in sub packages 60-70% of the game. Base defense no longer matters.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Denico Autry led Colts' in sacks and they might bring back Hunt, who also has been good, so UT has been a strength for the Colts' this system.

With that being said, I STILL want them to draft one of these really talented UTs. This position has just been the absolute WORST, THE WORST. It probably cost Manning a SB.

All those times of Tom Brady (and Drew Brees) stepping up in the pocket....

Having a player who can consistently penetrate from the interior can make a HUGE difference.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Denico Autry led Colts' in sacks and they might bring back Hunt, who also has been good, so UT has been a strength for the Colts' this system.

With that being said, I STILL want them to draft one of these really talented UTs. This position has just been the absolute WORST, THE WORST. It probably cost Manning a SB.

All those times of Tom Brady (and Drew Brees) stepping up in the pocket....

Having a player who can consistently penetrate from the interior can make a HUGE difference.

100%

Autry and Hunt have been total gems , but they're ultimately stop-gaps.

There's quite a few highly rated DT's in this class that I'd love to see in a Colts uni next season.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
I don't know if Autry is a stop gap. He had 9 sacks in just 12 games and is still just 28. He also plays bigger then his size, far from liability vs the run.

Reactions: Dominator13

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
He's got 2 years left on his deal. I'd be stunned if he got another contract from Ballard.

Terrific value signing, playing terrific ball , but that doesn't mean he's a long-term solution. He's not the kind of player that changes a GM's rationale on draft day , imo. Not with this class.

As for Hunt, I think Ballard will probably let him find his money elsewhere this spring. But we'll see.

Last edited:

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
You're assuming that some of these DT's are pass rushers though. Outside of Quinnen Williams none seem to have that type of upside.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
100%

Autry and Hunt have been total gems , but they're ultimately stop-gaps.

There's quite a few highly rated DT's in this class that I'd love to see in a Colts uni next season.
Dexter Lawrence might be the only one available at our spot though, and he's more of a 1-technique you can find in later rounds imo. Guys like Davis, Gary and Oliver are out of the question now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->