NFL GDT: 2019 NFC Championship Game: (1) San Francisco 49ers vs (2) Green Bay Packers

SFGB

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

member 157595

I love games like this. It's not as much a blowout as it is a complete emasculation. Getting brutalized at the line of scrimmage, the DL and LB being gassed long before the 4th quarter, you know they're going to smash you in the mouth but you cannot stop it...Vince Lombardi himself would have adored this 49er team.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Maybe Rodgers should have gotten rid of his State Farm agent and followed his agent's advice to not play it safe.

Reactions: OmniCube

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Why the **** are the Packers going for 2 down 21, they really think they could hit three two-point conversions and get a FG to tie? Might as well have kept it at four TD's to win and not chased points.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
I don't get the logic of going for 2 there. You make it, you're ... down by 19? Then what, you'll score 2 more TDs and get 2 points on both of those as well and now you're down 3? Kick the XP, you'll be down 20; worry about getting the first TD from there.

And then the onside kick. Well, if you know you're probably not going to stop their offense, why not. Throw in the towel, hope for a miracle I guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad