NFL GDT: 2019 NFC Championship Game: (1) San Francisco 49ers vs (2) Green Bay Packers

SFGB

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Packers defense was the epitome of awful.
Can’t stop the run, can’t stop the pass, nothing.

27-0 at halftime, terrible.
D not great. Needed to play clean and the O turned it over at the SF 30 so didn’t get points and SF went down and got a TD. In the 2 minute drill the Pack throw a pick and they give up a TD. If GB gets a FG instead of the fumble and doesn’t give up the ball in their own end who knows how much SF throws if at worst they punt it to them with 1:30 left in the half. Maybe it’s 20-3 at the half. Not great but the Packers D needed a clean game from the O as well and didn’t get that.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Sucks we lost but what're you gonna do.

This year reinforced the idea that McCarthy should have been fired years ago after we lost to Seattle. LaFleurs first year and they make it to the NFC title game..... team played a lot better too.

I have nothing against the Niners, but Jed York has such a punch-able face. I know hes a trust fund kid and all, he just has a "my dads a lawyer!!!!!" type of face.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
48 at the stadium. What would you call that??

Bermuda shorts weather in Wisconsin. It was around 20 F here and in Green Bay at the time. If it is 48 and sunny, I am outside doing yard work. At 48 F, you don't need gloves unless you are going to stick your hands into some kind of water, like a clogged spouting. A windbreaker is fine.

I was in Florida about 25 years ago when it was 41 F in Miami. The morning TV news was telling people not to go outside if you don't have to, just like when it is 20 below here. My kids were literally rolling on the floor laughing at the silly TV news people. They were about 8 and 5 at the time. By noon, it was 68 F and sunny. We went swimming. There were about a dozen natives by the heated pool. None of them stuck a toe into the pool during the hour. None of them even got into the adjacent hot tub. People who live in warm climates can't even take mild weather, let alone cold weather in the Midwest.

BTW, it is 23 F right now. I took out the garbage and recyclables without a coat on. That was 2 trips or about 250 feet. There is no wind for a change.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It's never actually cold, people just experience the idea of being cold. I'm good in sandals down to about 20

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Sucks we lost but what're you gonna do.

This year reinforced the idea that McCarthy should have been fired years ago after we lost to Seattle. LaFleurs first year and they make it to the NFC title game..... team played a lot better too.

I have nothing against the Niners, but Jed York has such a punch-able face. I know hes a trust fund kid and all, he just has a "my dads a lawyer!!!!!" type of face.
I'm still sour over that Seattle loss. How do you blow such a lead with less than a quarter to go? The subsequent years were brutal to go through soon. It was just a slow regression where you had a GM who wouldnt tap into free agency and was missing out at the draft and a coach who wasn't innovating the playbook.

LaFleur got more out of this team than I expected. Time to add another WR and work on having a D that can stop the run game.

Reactions: Voight

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
I'm still sour over that Seattle loss. How do you blow such a lead with less than a quarter to go? The subsequent years were brutal to go through soon. It was just a slow regression where you had a GM who wouldnt tap into free agency and was missing out at the draft and a coach who wasn't innovating the playbook.

LaFleur got more out of this team than I expected. Time to add another WR and work on having a D that can stop the run game.
Try and watch the 2014 nfc championship alone wearing packers gear in a bc bar full of Seattle “fans.”

Last edited:
Reactions: donghabs98

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
What did he get out of the Packers team 2019? Offense was bad, the defense carried them in to the playoffs until they finally broke.

f*** LaFleur. Another one of the supposed offensive genius that actually does nothing in that regard.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
D not great. Needed to play clean and the O turned it over at the SF 30 so didn’t get points and SF went down and got a TD. In the 2 minute drill the Pack throw a pick and they give up a TD. If GB gets a FG instead of the fumble and doesn’t give up the ball in their own end who knows how much SF throws if at worst they punt it to them with 1:30 left in the half. Maybe it’s 20-3 at the half. Not great but the Packers D needed a clean game from the O as well and didn’t get that.
The Packers truly never stood a chance...it was the worst possible matchup for them.

To think people even thought Aaron Rodgers could save them from that beating was hilarious leading up to the game and just hysterical revisiting those takes after.

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
The Packers suck and were lucky to even make it that far. Seattle would have made the 49ers at least sweat.
What are you so angry about here? Your team won and it wasn’t like anyone picked them to lose this game either.

Isn’t there some other game the 49ers are involved with soon? :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad