OT: 2019 nCov (part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
We will know by mid april, once the trial in France is ended. But the trick is not simply chloroquine, it is a combo of chloroquine plus an antiviral (AZT in this case). This is to lower the dose of chloroquine so less toxic effects, plus add the benefits of the other antiviral.

Linked it in my other post. French study looks good so far, they posted a paper

Today, Prof. Didier Raoult and his team published results of their new study. The study was supported by the Institut Hospitalo-Universitaire (IHU) Méditerranée Infection. Unlike the previous small study trial, the new observation study has a larger sample size of 80 COVID-19 patients. The objective of the study was to find an effective treatment to cure COVID-19 patients and to decrease the virus carriage duration.

In 80 in-patients receiving a combination of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin, the team found a clinical improvement in all but one 86 year-old patient who died, and one 74-year old patient still in intensive care unit. The team also found that, by administering hydroxychloroquine combined with azithromycin, they were able to observe an improvement in all cases, except in one patient who arrived with an advanced form, who was over the age of 86, and in whom the evolution was irreversible, according to a new paper published today in IHU Méditerranée Infection.

Lets just hope they aren't lying or fudging the data.

Reactions: overlords

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
This Tucker Carlson? Then there is Laura Ingraham who's brother went out publicly that she's only in it for the money. Both are rich from spewing lies to the less educated in the US.

#FireTuckerCarlson trends after Fox News host calls concerns about white supremacy a "hoax"

‘She’s a monster’: Laura Ingraham’s gay brother lashes out in interview

Just watch the video I linked. The doctor wasn't even there to talk about HQ. He was there to talk about his excperience in NYC hospitals. He just out of nowhere without being prompted said he was taking HQ as a protection agains the virus while he tries to save people lives. Tucker didn't even realize it till he was interviewing another person.

Thats the only reason why I brought it up. This was not prompted or probed or even had anything to do with why he was on Tuckers show. If a Doctor says he is taking this drug to protect himself from infection there could be something to it. I am in no way saying its the cure, but it has to make you think that if a doctor is using there is probably a small something behind it.

The rest you can dunk on Tucker for being a shill or whatever. All media sucks my balls.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Linked it in my other post. French study looks good so far, they posted a paper

Today, Prof. Didier Raoult and his team published results of their new study. The study was supported by the Institut Hospitalo-Universitaire (IHU) Méditerranée Infection. Unlike the previous small study trial, the new observation study has a larger sample size of 80 COVID-19 patients. The objective of the study was to find an effective treatment to cure COVID-19 patients and to decrease the virus carriage duration.

In 80 in-patients receiving a combination of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin, the team found a clinical improvement in all but one 86 year-old patient who died, and one 74-year old patient still in intensive care unit. The team also found that, by administering hydroxychloroquine combined with azithromycin, they were able to observe an improvement in all cases, except in one patient who arrived with an advanced form, who was over the age of 86, and in whom the evolution was irreversible, according to a new paper published today in IHU Méditerranée Infection.

Lets just hope they aren't lying or fudging the data.
Raoult is seen as a very controversial figure in the virology world. He's very opiniated on the pharmaceutical business.

Reactions: scrubadam

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
For those that weren't happy that Canada sent medical equipment to China in February to help them with the pandemic, China is now sending equipment to Canada:

Reactions: Crusher117

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
For those that weren't happy that Canada sent medical equipment to China in February to help them with the pandemic, China is now sending equipment to Canada:

No word on the donation Canada gave in Feb, though. Be very wary of what comes out of that fortress they call embassy on St..Patrick St.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I heard WHO sells test kits for 150$ a pop. (SK sold some to LA county for 35$ each). Why is the WHO selling test kits, especially at such a high price? They should be at cost or even subsidized. Doesn't the entire world donate to the WHO for its budget but they are trying to make profits from test kits?

Also Taiwan tried to warn the WHO in late December about Corona Chan, but WHO couldn't hear them because of all the Yuen stuffed in their ears.

As far as China goes. 8 weeks ago they were taking 16 tonnes of medical supplies in donations from Canada and 90 tonnes from Australia (which was more like stolen). and now they can turn around and start supplying other countries? Why were the desperate for supplies 8 weeks ago and now they have enough to send all over the world? Most likely because they are hoarding the good stuff and sending out defective crap to look good. And consider that China is where most of this stuff is made and it is pretty odd that they would need so much of it and can then turn around and give it right back out.
Or it's because China was hit well before us and they needed things while we pretty much had no case yet here. Now that things are more under control there and exploding here, they're sending us stuff.

Why must there be some darkness to everything...?

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
So how many new deaths today ?
I predict 20.
When we will get more than 100 deaths per day in QC this may be taken more seriously.

I'm unclear as where your fear is coming from. Right now Quebec might have a lot of cases, but nothing really indicates that we are in trouble. The numbers for emergency rooms are not that bad, take it with a grain of salt as I do not know the accuracy of this site: Emergencies wait times in Canada | GoWell

Countries that are having a lot of cases have major cities that have new cases and emergency rooms over flowing with patients.

Given the state of our lives right now, the spreading should be held to some kind of minimum (not talking about covidiots) as we are interacting to a fraction of a percentage with people daily compared to 2 months ago. I am optimistic by May 1st we will all be steadily getting back to work, unfortunately with a potential up curve if people aren't careful and don't pay attention to their hygiene. Given todays numbers, I cannot fathom a Quebec with 100 deaths in one day, the numbers just don't show that pattern.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Or it's because China was hit well before us and they needed things while we pretty much had no case yet here. Now that things are more under control there and exploding here, they're sending us stuff.

Why must there be some darkness to everything...?
Lmao, amen.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Well I have been saying shut down the public transit for a week or so now, so another hot take that everyone will laugh at. Time to shut down CSL/CDN area. Check points and close the decarie off. Ya its extreme but we are about 10 days from 10K cases, and then probably another 10 days to 50K cases, in MONTREAL.

But its ok thing my idea is stupid, we can check back in about 2 weeks when everyone will be lamenting the fact that we didn't quarantine the area that has a concentration of 42% of the cases. We are on the road to becoming Italy in MONTREAL. I have liked Legault so far, but it starting to feel like they are just in damage control and keep wanting to pretend the situation isn't that bad. You have ramped up the testing and found the hot spot so what is going on about it?

Crusher117

Feb 2, 2013
Montreal
Well I have been saying shut down the public transit for a week or so now, so another hot take that everyone will laugh at. Time to shut down CSL/CDN area. Check points and close the decarie off. Ya its extreme but we are about 10 days from 10K cases, and then probably another 10 days to 50K cases, in MONTREAL.

But its ok thing my idea is stupid, we can check back in about 2 weeks when everyone will be lamenting the fact that we didn't quarantine the area that has a concentration of 42% of the cases. We are on the road to becoming Italy in MONTREAL. I have liked Legault so far, but it starting to feel like they are just in damage control and keep wanting to pretend the situation isn't that bad. You have ramped up the testing and found the hot spot so what is going on about it?
New measures for montreal to be announced at 4 today.

CrAzYNiNe

Jun 5, 2003
Montreal

I would be surprised if we increase by 47.5k cases in the next 20 days. The numbers are increasing because of the lack of testing that was previously done. 10k in the next 10 days, that I can see happening.

A lock down would be a good idea, I already feel like its what going on in my life as the only person we have seen in my household is my mother in law to help with our son when we are both trying to work. shes retired and lives alone, so we didnt feel like it was that risky.

Wheres the guy updating the graphs? someone doing it on wikipedia 2020 coronavirus pandemic in Quebec - Wikipedia

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
No slow down in Italy at all. It’s been a month.

Yeah, I'm a little disappointed as well. Italy is a little bit like the USA in the sense that about 40%-45% of the cases come from one particular area (Lombardy in Italy and New York state in the USA).

CrAzYNiNe

Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Does anyone understand the whole pending number (under investigation)?

Looking at the numbers, yesterday we have 7236 under investigation with a total of 2021 cases and 32335 negative tests. Today we have 2498 cases with 43589 negative tests. That's a difference of 11.5k tests that have given results. How long does a test take to issue results?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad