OT: 2019 nCov (part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
My IGA there we were lining up outside, people respected the 2m distancing. Inside there was a huge line up to pay, and people respected the distancing too, once closer to the cash, they set up a wooden ramp with lines on the floor, and one person at a time is being directed.

The only thing that surprised me is I was the only one wearing a mask.

I haven't seen anyone in my area with a mask except one of the people that works at a dep I go to.

The other dep I go to has purell and stuff set up at the door. The nice people that work there just told me a story about a woman who came in, started pouring the purell over the table the bottle was on, and then wiping her hands all over the shelves the food are stacked on saying she was making it 'clean'. I understand it's more a case of crazy/stupid than maliciousness, but wow.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I found that the biggest advantage to wearing a mask is that it’s easier to keep shoppers from coming close to you. Some I am sure assume that by wearing a mask, you may have symptoms.

Hadn't thought about it that way but makes sense! I'll look at it that way from now on.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I haven't seen anyone in my area with a mask except one of the people that works at a dep I go to.

The other dep I go to has purell and stuff set up at the door. The nice people that work there just told me a story about a woman who came in, started pouring the purell over the table the bottle was on, and then wiping her hands all over the shelves the food are stacked on saying she was making it 'clean'. I understand it's more a case of crazy/stupid than maliciousness, but wow.

Ya, I mean it's a pretty common scene in movies/shows right? Someone spills something and out of embarrassment tries to quickly remedy the situation but just ends up making it worse?

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
Now that the global CV numbers are getting substantial, the totals are ramping up (as mathematically predicted by all) in bigger and bigger daily blocks.

1 million global cases very soon... 2, 5, 1o+ likely to follow in April.

Why is the NHL waiting? Hockey is done.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Because nobody is wearing any masks...that's what I noticed today too. My gf sent me 200 masks from HK and Korea, and also two N95 ones. Went to IGA with one today and I was the sole customer wearing a mask, which made me feel anxious and weird too.
There's also Arruda's words in the back of my mind repeating ''only wear a mask if you're sick''...so now I'm thinking everyone who sees me believes I'm sick, adding to the anxiety.
If everyone thought you were sick, shouldn't that add to their anxiety?

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018

That was great! Reminds a bit about Penn & Teller when they had a show about different things in the US and being PC. One was about how you can get a sign to hang in your car with a wheelchair on so you have the right to park in handicap spaces. Apparently if you don't know how to use a phone you can get a sign and when they showed it in a film sequence they had Teller sitting with a phone looking at it inquisitively and then tried to use it is some weird ways. :)

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Or it's because China was hit well before us and they needed things while we pretty much had no case yet here. Now that things are more under control there and exploding here, they're sending us stuff.

Why must there be some darkness to everything...?
Because there is.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Maybe darkness is too strong of a word. I'd say 'strategic'. Chinese are very strategic.

I don't see how the Chinese are any more or less strategic in their doings then we are tbh. I think we get a very skewed perception of the Chinese ruling class that makes us think they're radically different from ours but I don't think they are. Certainly some cultural differences, but by in large they function towards the same goals ours do.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
I had to get groceries today, went to costco. This dude waited in line at least 20 minutes to get in & then only buys one of those rotisserie chickens. Nothing else!!! I don't get the logic.
Met a guy at RONA who delivers at grocery stores (we kept our distance hehehe). Told me that it's a major problem right now. People have kept their habits of not buying long term. Says it's a major issue with store managers.

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
Well I have been saying shut down the public transit for a week or so now, so another hot take that everyone will laugh at. Time to shut down CSL/CDN area. Check points and close the decarie off. Ya its extreme but we are about 10 days from 10K cases, and then probably another 10 days to 50K cases, in MONTREAL.

But its ok thing my idea is stupid, we can check back in about 2 weeks when everyone will be lamenting the fact that we didn't quarantine the area that has a concentration of 42% of the cases. We are on the road to becoming Italy in MONTREAL. I have liked Legault so far, but it starting to feel like they are just in damage control and keep wanting to pretend the situation isn't that bad. You have ramped up the testing and found the hot spot so what is going on about it?
If you shut it down there will be a ton of health workers who will not be able to travel no more...

Reactions: David Suzuki
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad