OT: 2019 nCov (part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
I'm at home with my wife. I'm grateful for that. I try not to talk too much because I think my high stress is starting to stress her out and that's not fair. I know my work has an assistance program, I may give it a ring tonight.

Take care of yourself.

I tell myself that it's temporary (which it is). I do have some fears when I start thinking about my kids and the future that we're put them in.

My advice is that you need to talk about it, try to rationalize it. Keeping it for yourself is the worst and you don't want to stress your wife.

I started prepping before the outbreak in Canada and my wife told me that I was panicking.
I told her I wasn't. I'm just getting ready for the worst.
When Schools started closing, she realized what was happening.

Reactions: Forum93

angusyoung

Bersantai
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I'm at home with my wife. I'm grateful for that. I try not to talk too much because I think my high stress is starting to stress her out and that's not fair. I know my work has an assistance program, I may give it a ring tonight.

Perhaps a call sooner might be more beneficial,no need to stress out you partner and the work place assistance might not be available 24/7

Crusher117

Feb 2, 2013
Montreal
I feel like the sentiment is changing now. The studies in Iceland are encouraging.
Yeah, the study shows that the fatality rates is much lower. A simple lack of testing healthy people is keeping it up.
Once antibody tests roll out, maybe people should test positive and have had 0 symptoms. But still very early to say sentiment is changing. we still entering the peak. The 40 variations of the virus is pretty intense tho.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Yeah, the study shows that the fatality rates is much lower. A simple lack of testing healthy people is keeping it up.
Once antibody tests roll out, maybe people should test positive and have had 0 symptoms. But still very early to say sentiment is changing. we still entering the peak. The 40 variations of the virus is pretty intense tho.
40 variations? What does that mean? Are we f***ed?

Last edited:
Reactions: Pacciosoftie

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Spain just had to turn an ice rink into a makeshift morgue. Horrifying stuff. It's become very apparent that we need better planning for these sorts of unfortunate situations

Spain is also a country where the climate is warm given there are people saying that it doesn't spread as much in a warm climate.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Spain just had to turn an ice rink into a makeshift morgue. Horrifying stuff. It's become very apparent that we need better planning for these sorts of unfortunate situations

Spain is also a country where the climate is warm given there are people saying that it doesn't spread as much in a warm climate.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
I bet if you talked it out with your wife, your stress level would diminish.

It's also unfair to her not to share how you feel in this crisis.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
If Frank Drebin is somewhere, every goof is his fault. But listen to his answer that is quite a joke. He answer second degree about something first degree. A classic. You don't have to be slapstick all the time in a good comedy. Good punch jokes are efficiant.

Last edited:

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events