OT: 2019 nCov (part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I was reading about how the Big 6 banks were going to help people in this crisis.

Then I was reading how at least some banks were making it really difficult to defer payments and really only some would be helped.

My mortgage is with First National and I told them my work place had shut down and so had my income, and no problem, 3 month deferment.

Real great company to deal with. One less headache.

Reactions: Roadhouse

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Same word in Dutch,used to have often Indonesian shark fin soup.

Terrifying to be attacked and eaten and I got often too close to some situations where I shouldn't have,youth! Some encounters were fine,gross,but fine.

Not a fan of Bondi beach,nice to visit though.
I liked Bondi vet with that cute blond vet. Lisa Chimes :thumbu:

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006

Numbers are in line with what has been said for weeks.

Hopsitalized : 6.5%
ICU : 2.6%

% should be more considering we don't know the true confirmed cases number but I have no doubt they're close to 10% and 5%.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Salem Health seeks public’s help to sew 10,000 masks

It's bad.

I was out swimming in Bondi Beach and a sailing boat came by (20 meters) and a guy shouted "Hi!" and I got scared for a minute since it is pronounced the same way as the Swedish word for shark "haj". To be prey and be eaten is probably one of the most primal fears there is a for human.
A lot of people don’t realize how big a 3+ foot fish is. Let alone something 15 to 20 feet. I’m here to tell you! Get out of the water. Fish, whale, eel, or those octopus things. It’s a safe bet!

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
I was reading about how the Big 6 banks were going to help people in this crisis.

Then I was reading how at least some banks were making it really difficult to defer payments and really only some would be helped.

My mortgage is with First National and I told them my work place had shut down and so had my income, and no problem, 3 month deferment.

Real great company to deal with. One less headache.

:thumbu:

This article on lenders like yours could come in handy in tough times like right now, for a number of people under pressure.

"Unlike Big Six banks, fair-penalty lenders don’t use arbitrarily inflated rates (“posted rates”) in their calculations. That only serves to drive up penalties.
So why doesn’t everyone get a mortgage with a fair penalty lender?
Well, because most people are conditioned to pay more for big bank financing. Among other things, they trust the brand, like the convenience or like knowing they can walk into a branch to talk to someone if there’s ever a problem (although, for most people, mortgage problems after closing aren’t too common). And the cost of that convenience is steep."

When it comes to mortgage break penalties, big banks are often the worst

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Germany is said to test 70K per day.

Germany is a country of 82 millions
Quebec is not a country and there's only 8.4 millions, it's not the same thing.

For example, Florida it's 21 millions people and they tested 27,000 people
Ontario has 14.5 millions people and they tested 38,500 people
So in all proportion, 36,000 tests is pretty good so far.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Only the delusional and/or uneducated ones would try with a purpose, I suppose. The vast majority there knows we have health care for all, you can't just show up to a Canadian hospital with an AR-15 and say "Treat muh Corona!!!!".

I'm hoping Trump isn't this dumb. There's other use for the military, namely 'general support duties' to give health care workers a strong backbone to rely on.

I don't know about the delusional, but certainly the desperate. If Trump goes through with his threat of encouraging a fully open society with no restrictions on distancing or quaratine, the consequences will be unimaginable.

Now that a number of government officials have stated publicly the aged and weak should be sacrificed for the f***ing economy, how could you blame people for running for their very lives?

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Rough day in Europe today. Between Spain, Germany, Italy, France, UK, Belgium, Austria, Netherlands and Switzerland, there are 28,691 news cases and 1,859 deaths.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
The Fed just keeps pumping money into the market. I think it is artificially being kept that high for the moment but who knows, maybe it isn't really a bull trap. Nobody can say for sure but the underlying numbers aren't great. It's impossible to know how many small companies will go under despite the loans being thrown left and right.

I think it will come down to how long this lasts and the impact on how many jobs are lost and then how quickly those jobs come back. Many stocks were cut in half so there was a great buying opportunity but it's a big gamble at least in the short term as we don't know how bad this will get as already a shit ton of jobs have been lost. So either this will just get worse and many more jobs will be lost which could mean longer before they are back and some not at all. Or if this runs it's course in the next 2 months or so and many of the jobs lost end up back, the 2nd half of '20 could see a big bounce back in terms of the economy and market.

The problem there though is how long after this will it take for people to hop on a plane and fly to European countries or wherevere or get on a cruise. The prices will have to come down to ramp up demand and I'm sure there will always be people that will travel as you saw how many were at the beaches in Florida and other states despite being told to stay home.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
I'm waiting for the 3pm PC for BC with anticipation. We have been stuck between 45-80 cases per day for 5 days now, if we get another day like this we are on track for a flat curve. But let's see, I have been disapointed before ;)

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
I don't know about the delusional, but certainly the desperate. If Trump goes through with his threat of encouraging a fully open society with no restrictions on distancing or quaratine, the consequences will be unimaginable.

Now that a number of government officials have stated publicly the aged and weak should be sacrificed for the f***ing economy, how could you blame people for running for their very lives?

So are you saying we should be worried that 'Americans running for their lives' will find holes in the border and come across? In that case, what means of curbing that are you suggesting the govt should implement?

Reactions: jaffy27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->