OT: 2019 nCov (part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
this is from CUPE website...

Where can I apply?

The application form will be available on April 6. If you have already applied for EI, you do not need to also apply for this new benefit, your claim will be automatically moved over to the CERB and you will receive the 16-week benefit. If needed, you can use your hours to apply for benefits after October 3, 2020.
You can apply in one of these three ways:
  • by accessing it on your CRA MyAccount secure portal;
  • by accessing it from your secure My Service Canada Account; or
  • by calling a toll free number equipped with an automated application process.
What if I’ve already been laid off and applied for EI?
If you’ve already applied for EI you do not need to reapply for the CERB. Your claim will be automatically moved over to the CERB, and benefits paid from this program first. If needed, you can use your hours to apply for EI benefits after October 3, 2020.
What if I don’t qualify for EI?
You can qualify for the CERB if you had $5,000 in employment income, self-employment income, or maternity or parental leave benefits for 2019 or in the 12-month period preceding the day you make the application.
When will I get benefits?
The application is expected to be available April 6. Benefits should be delivered 10 days after you submit your application form. The earliest you could receive benefits through direct deposit is April 16th (or slightly later if by mail).

<3 thx for clearing that up, you've been a big help

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Still here, still scared. Even though I'm at home safe, I can't shake the fear. I wonder if I should chat with a professional.
Definitely talk to someone. Being alone too long with your own thoughts is unhealthy on every level. Start video chats on FB. They actually make you feel connected... more than I was expecting. Oh - and keep posting here! You've got a community over here that has your back.

angusyoung

Bersantai
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Andy are you alone at home? not sure if these boards are working in the manner intended. Must be a number to call for anxiety,not sure where,maybe someone else has.

Whatever this ''migration'' was suppose to do,should have mentioned an a approximation of duration.
Then again,why at this time,necessary? anyone have any insight?

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
There is a policy in my local big chain supermarket that you *must* carry a basket with you when you shop. Because of the corona virus.

Can anyone help me understand how that makes any sense?

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Wondering where HFBoards went
6a6151155fbde50cec7b9616661c1448d3374fa7.jpg

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
Hey, anyone see the Habs logo with 19 in the middle instead of H tweeted for shits and giggles by Sportsnet?

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Andy are you alone at home? not sure if these boards are working in the manner intended. Must be a number to call for anxiety,not sure where,maybe someone else has.

Whatever this ''migration'' was suppose to do,should have mentioned an a approximation of duration.

I know in Quebec province, if you call 811 you'll have access to health professionals of every kind, mental health included. Called them yesterday (I'm isolated for 2 weeks, probably just a badly timed cold/flu), and they answered pretty fast. I'm home alone, but I'm a solitary guy so at least I'm used to it. Not the same for everyone.

There's probably the same kind of service across Canada.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Definitely talk to someone. Being alone too long with your own thoughts is unhealthy on every level. Start video chats on FB. They actually make you feel connected... more than I was expecting. Oh - and keep posting here! You've got a community over here that has your back.
Thanks for the support Lshap! I never thought it would be this hard. I just have to remember that I'm very fortunate to be safe right now.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal

I'm at home with my wife. I'm grateful for that. I try not to talk too much because I think my high stress is starting to stress her out and that's not fair. I know my work has an assistance program, I may give it a ring tonight.

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
Hey, anyone seen the Habs logo with 19 in the middle instead of H tweeted for shits and giggles by Sportsnet?

Last edited:

angusyoung

Bersantai
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I know in Quebec province, if you call 811 you'll have access to health professionals of every kind, mental health included. Called them yesterday (I'm isolated for 2 weeks, probably just a badly timed cold/flu), and they answered pretty fast. I'm home alone, but I'm a solitary guy so at least I'm used to it. Not the same for everyone.

There's probably the same kind of service across Canada.

Has someone been travelling? Hope you get well asap. appreciate the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad