OT: 2019-nCov Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Ok, didn't anticipate a prediction like that if I'm to be honest here...

"The Hotel Association of Canada estimates 80 to 90 per cent of the country’s hotels will close because of COVID-19."

Also, from Ottawa's top doctor today...

"But Dr. Etches says “we don’t have the capacity to do that many swabs right now” and health officials need to find “alternative” ways to look at the spread of the virus in the community.

There are 19 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ottawa, but the Medical Officer of Health has suggested there could be 2,000 cases in the community."

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
I want to extend the Good Luck's I've been sending to guys in NY and Cali to, well, the whole USA. This is from a letter sent to Congress (see CNN), and recommends releasing all the good people currently in jail in order to avoid what they call 'the first scenario' where both citizens and detainees die. Instead, let's have detainees freed so a POSSIBLE outbreak in any given jail does NOT overburden the American health care system.

If this tracks like Italy, all your murderers and rapists are getting released. These are recommendations from DOCTORS working in Homeland Security. Good. Luck. My friends.

"As they fill up and overwhelm the ventilator resources, those ventilators are unavailable when the infection inevitably is carried by staff to the community and are also unavailable for all the usual critical illnesses (heart attacks, trauma, etc)."

In an alternate scenario, the doctors write, detainees are released from "high risk congregate settings" and the volume of patients sent to community hospitals would level out.

"In the first scenario, many people from the detention center and the community die unnecessarily for want of a ventilator," the letter says. "In the latter, survival is maximized as the local mass outbreak scenario is averted."

Edit - @Mrb1p this is your Congress level heads-up on fabricating that potato launcher. Also get several bags of potatoes, if you can find them as of 20 March obviously.

:sarcasm:

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Pretty straight forward: if most people are staying at home, they'll use wifi and drop their prepaid plan.

Well since I posted that I also found out that the only other carrier in China also lost 5 million users. That, and that Chinese love PokemonGo which has them sometimes carrying two phones (one for govt tracking, the other one to get ****ing Pokemons). So numbers could be all over the place.

They also welded buildings shut where infection clusters were found. That's a scene from the movie (2008) Quarantine being enacted in real life. Nuts.

Mike8

Jun 24, 2002
Visit site
Well since I posted that I also found out that the only other carrier in China also lost 5 million users. That, and that Chinese love PokemonGo which has them sometimes carrying two phones (one for govt tracking, the other one to get ****ing Pokemons). So numbers could be all over the place.

They also welded buildings shut where infection clusters were found. That's a scene from the movie (2008) Quarantine being enacted in real life. Nuts.

Just fyi, there are three providers (Mobile, Unicom, Telecom).

But yeah, the numbers are down because many are on prepaid plans and would just not activate while staying at home and using wifi. ~13m people of ~1.4bn is only a few.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
I just came back from walking my dog in the park and I saw these people playing basketball. There were about 12 of them ranging from late teens to at least 60. They were touching each other, sweating, spitting on the ground and not a care in the world!

ww.jpg

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Go back to the hospital and demand to be tested this time now that you have been in contact with someone.

Unfortunately this is what is happening the province of BC: "Despite having fever, cough and - in some cases - trouble breathing, multiple people report being told that unless they’re likely to be hospitalized or a healthcare worker, testing is not an option." - CTV

I called 811, I'm going to be tested in about 4 days (they'll call me for an appointment in 4 days). At this point, I have to self-isolate.

Good Health to you Sir, I'm sure you'll be fine. Folks in BC are being denied for testing because 'they won't need hospitalization', so you're "lucky" to even get a swab in that nostril.

kgboomer

Nov 12, 2014
I can't find any All Purpose flour anywhere though...WTF.

My guess is that lots of people want to make either their own bread of muffins. We had a bit of yeast left for the bread machine but couldn't find that anywhere, all the shelves were empty.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Not 811.

There's a special number.

514 644 4545 or 1877 644 4545.

I knew of those numbers too, but the whole point was about having to get pre-screened over the phone before you can go to the Covid-only clinic. Is that correct? Anyone know?

Reactions: llamateizer

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I have an Arizer as well, it is Canadian made I believe but I mainly used the the German made the Mighty until it broke now I am using Boundless CFX.

I considered that one as they are the same brand that makes the volcano vape. The issue I had was with the plastic used at the tip and it seemed a bit boxy/akward. The Arizer Air has been such great value for me , especially since it's glass on metal which makes for clean and tasty hits. Their customer service is top notch as well, I try to support Canadian companies when possible but Arizer make it really easy with such great products (especially for the price point).

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I knew of those numbers too, but the whole point was about having to get pre-screened over the phone before you can go to the Covid-only clinic. Is that correct? Anyone know?

Yes. You have to call one of the 644 4545 numbers before.

Don't call 811 for covid related questions.

Reactions: DavePeak
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad