Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
continue...

OT: - 2019-nCov Part 4: Sanitized & Solo Edition

also reminder-

You may critique the response of government but don't make it political.
Posts attributing motives because it involves this or that political party/politician/ideology will not be tolerated.

Examples:
Allowed: "Trump doesn't know what he's doing, the response was too little too late"
Not Allowed: "The only reason the response was so slow was to keep the stock prices high so he can get reelected"

Allowed: "The media is over-reporting this and it's going to make things worse"
Not Allowed: "The liberal media is over-reporting this because they're trying to bring down Trump"

Miracle cures, home remedies, and medical advice should not be posted.

Be careful what you link to, treat it like the trade forum we don't want to spread bad information.

How you're preparing, how this is affecting your community, news and information are the types of discussion this forum is for.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
BC declares state of emergency which means a possible lockdown coming up. I think they should restrict gatherings of more than 10 people. I am still working so I hope tomorrow is my last day and then start collecting EI. I think the BC government is 1 week too late.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Sort of expected to break the 100 cases bar today.

Unless there's an update before midnight.

The death is unfortunate but statistically, we were due, and we're still due 2-3 more.

The Quebec Government gave pharmacists the go-ahead to vaccinate. So when that vaccine comes out, that's almost 2000 vaccination stations located right in the middle of communities all over the province.

There are 2 known confirmed cases in my area and one probable case, who happens to be the sister of a co-worker. But they haven't seen each other since New Year's. All of these people are not living in my immediate neighborhood or nothing.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I think someone asked this question the other day....

How Long Does the Coronavirus Last on Surfaces?

Potentially several hours, or even days, according to a preprint published this week by researchers at the National Institutes of Health, Princeton, and the University of California, Los Angeles. The researchers exposed various materials to the virus in the lab. They found that it remained virulent on surfaces for a lengthy period: from up to 24 hours on cardboard to up to two or three days on plastic and stainless steel. It also remained viable in aerosols—attached to particles that stay aloft in the air—for up to three hours. That’s all basically in line with the stability of SARS, the coronavirus that caused an outbreak in the early 2000s, the researchers note.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
I think someone asked this question the other day....

How Long Does the Coronavirus Last on Surfaces?

Potentially several hours, or even days, according to a preprint published this week by researchers at the National Institutes of Health, Princeton, and the University of California, Los Angeles. The researchers exposed various materials to the virus in the lab. They found that it remained virulent on surfaces for a lengthy period: from up to 24 hours on cardboard to up to two or three days on plastic and stainless steel. It also remained viable in aerosols—attached to particles that stay aloft in the air—for up to three hours. That’s all basically in line with the stability of SARS, the coronavirus that caused an outbreak in the early 2000s, the researchers note.

That's in perfect lab conditions.

Not false info, just not realistic in real-world conditions.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Based on my experience here over the last 11 years I really thought that people were much stronger than they appear to be right now, it is an eye-opener to say the least.
Stronger ? Theres no strength in this. You can't punch the virus, you can't maintain your resolve, all you can do is stay inside, wash your hands and stay informed.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee and Seb

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Stronger ? Theres no strength in this. You can't punch the virus, you can't maintain your resolve, all you can do is stay inside, wash your hands and stay informed.
Really, it seems odd coming from you, a guy crying out for things to lift to as a means of calming your own brain.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I went to walk my dog and yeah, people are Pejorative Slured. Some dude stopped his jogging to drink from a fountain (Luckily it wasn't open.), another one, that was walking a few meters ahead of me had to spit at least 20 times in a span of 5 meters all while flicking his cigarette butt on the ground.

Zzz, I wish I didn't live in the shithole.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
The lifting from what I read was a means of calming your own anxiety, forgive my lack of understanding, I am old and slow.
I usually spend about 10 hours a week in the weight room, this is hardly normal for me, I don't know what to do.

Usually when I get home, Im glad I can surf the interwebs. Now, im sick of it.

IDK what people tend to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad