OT: 2019-nCov Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Guess it has become impossible to go to a grocery store without meeting a crowd.

I have about 2 months worth of food but figured I could use a bit more, went at 8am but there was too many people in the parking for my taste so came back home.

They should implement something to change that, they are nests of contagion. People should go LESS to grocery stores, so not sure why theyre so packed.

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
Guess it has become impossible to go to a grocery store without meeting a crowd.

I have about 2 months worth of food but figured I could use a bit more, went at 8am but there was too many people in the parking for my taste so came back home.

They should implement something to change that, they are nests of contagion. People should go LESS to grocery stores, so not sure why theyre so packed.

I am guessing they had less than 2 months worth of food.

Also assuming the hours are the same there as here, that 8 am is opening time and people need certain items and hoping for restocking. I know it took me a week to get my hands on a bag of flour due to work schedule, daycare closure and my wife working as well in the hospitals.

Crusher117

Feb 2, 2013
Montreal

I just got back from the maxi in verdun on Wellington. Maybe 20 people at opening. I was in and out in 30 mins.

Reactions: groovejuice

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
My sister who lives in Saskatchewan received this emergency alert on her phone yesterday.

Attachments

• IMG_5362~2.jpg
    IMG_5362~2.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 8

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I just got back from the maxi in verdun on Wellington. Maybe 20 people at opening. I was in and out in 30 mins.

Thanks, though 20 people is huge if they all enter at the same time and walk close to each other. One superspreader in that group and you all have it now.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Wow, I never thought I would see this. Starting on Monday, we will have 9 of our 10 restaurants closed and 4 of our 5 hotels closed.

Crusher117

Feb 2, 2013
Montreal
Thanks, though 20 people is huge if they all enter at the same time and walk close to each other. One superspreader in that group and you all have it now.
I let everyone enter the store before me. Most people were keeping over a meter distance in line. one lady even told another lady to keep her distance.

Reactions: Forum93

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I let everyone enter the store before me. Most people were keeping over a meter distance in line. one lady even told another lady to keep her distance.

Yeaaaaaah, fck that.

Amateur hour of the Quebec plebe. Want no part of it until I have not a single noodle left. The fact we're still needing to tell others to keep their distance is proof enough for me I must start eating only one meal a day, de facto doubling my reserve time. Legault is disappointing after a strong start. He must impose discipline steeply.

Not getting intubated at the ICU because some morons lacked oxygen at birth themselves.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006

Let's see if we could figure this one out together...

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Let's see if we could figure this one out together...

I had reserves from before the crisis.

I wasnt planning on rampaging the place.

Even if people want to stockpile, they do it once then they should be gone for weeks after that.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
No.

We have to flatten it to give us time to organize a plan and build more ressources/infrastructure. If we can set up a strong testing and tracing system, which is entirely within our reach, the measure won't have to be so draconian, but we can't let the spread get out of hand before that happens.

Letting the disease run its course would be a catastrophe. That's what some people worrying about the economy don't understand. The measures won't take much longer than doing nothing. Doing nothing, even with the most optimistic scenarios, would cause an unacceptable amount of deaths.

When you look specifically at the Italian regions most hit and their daily death toll compared to their populations, the numbers are terrifying. I can't imagine what a real peak with no measures would look like.

I never suggested doing nothing or putting the economy first though.

I am asking what the plan is apart from flattening the curve. If the plan is to give us time to find a plan that isn't promising, even if its our best option.

Reality is, even if we have 1 million testing and treatment centers in montreal, quebec, canada(wherever) as long as one person has it everyone is at risk of getting sick. Even if we can treat it better, kind of just an endless loop until this thing dies.

uiCk

Jan 20, 2009
MTL
I never suggested doing nothing or putting the economy first though.

I am asking what the plan is apart from flattening the curve. If the plan is to give us time to find a plan that isn't promising, even if its our best option.

Reality is, even if we have 1 million testing and treatment centers in montreal, quebec, canada(wherever) as long as one person has it everyone is at risk of getting sick. Even if we can treat it better, kind of just an endless loop until this thing dies.
The plan is to not overwhelm the health system and cause unnecessary death rates.

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
Just my luck that my unnemployement finished 2 weeks ago. Now I'm at home and seriously thinking about going to work in a grocery store for pennies just to work. I'm a construction worker and got f***ed.

Unfortunately, unless you own Amazon, a grocery or pharmacy store, we're all getting f***ed, more or less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad