NBA 2019 NBA Finals (Part 3)

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
551EC112-C540-4987-A390-58306A39B041.jpeg

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Working, probably.

One or two coworkers will be skipping to attend, but they're diehards.

As fun as this run has been, I was 100% a bandwagoner...probably watched more basketball in the past month than I've seen in my entire life. :laugh:

I can't justify losing a day's pay just to stand among a sea of screaming, inebriated fans. I watched the game last night, that's good enough for me.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Some random questions:

Would Portland have been a tougher matchup for the Raps?

Who would have won between the 76ers and the Bucks? Would either of them have beaten the Warriors?
Portland I don’t think so. Dame and CJ are a little more predictable to gameplan for in a 7 game series and the Blazers aren’t as good of a defensive team.

I think the Sixers were the second best team in the east once they acquired Tobias Harris. They could have given the Warriors problems the same way the Raptors did with balance and a skilled 4 to attack Draymond Green.

Aside from the Warriors with a healthy KD-Klay I don’t think anyone can match the depth and balance the Raptors have on both O and D. The Gasol-Ibaka and Lowry-FVV duos played a huge role and they didn’t even have OG.

If Kawhi stays they’ve got a real chance at the finals again.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
Working, probably.

One or two coworkers will be skipping to attend, but they're diehards.

As fun as this run has been, I was 100% a bandwagoner...probably watched more basketball in the past month than I've seen in my entire life. :laugh:

I can't justify losing a day's pay just to stand among a sea of screaming, inebriated fans. I watched the game last night, that's good enough for me.

No doubt the most BBall I've watched since the Grizz left Vancouver

Reactions: Dr Pepper

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Some random questions:

Would Portland have been a tougher matchup for the Raps?

Portland would have been deeper and fresher but I would have taken Toronto in 6 or 7.

Who would have won between the 76ers and the Bucks? Would either of them have beaten the Warriors?

1) Milwaukee.

2) If we're including the current state with all the injuries that happened to Golden State, possibly both. More so Milwaukee than Philadelphia with Embid being in and out.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
I'm sure the same was said about the Leafs nearly 25 years ago as well.

They're still the #1 draw in Toronto sports at the end of the day though.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
I think it was a crappy game 6 because of the Thompson injury. Klay hits that shot Steph missed 100%. Steph is the most unclutch player. Those 3's are a piece of cake for him in the RS. He hits that shot 10/10 times in the RS.

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
I think it was a crappy game 6 because of the Thompson injury. Klay hits that shot Steph missed 100%. Steph is the most unclutch player. Those 3's are a piece of cake for him in the RS. He hits that shot 10/10 times in the RS.

Game 6 was the best game of the series until Klay got hurt, it was a foregone conclusion after that.

Reactions: NyQuil

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Portland I don’t think so. Dame and CJ are a little more predictable to gameplan for in a 7 game series and the Blazers aren’t as good of a defensive team.

I think the Sixers were the second best team in the east once they acquired Tobias Harris. They could have given the Warriors problems the same way the Raptors did with balance and a skilled 4 to attack Draymond Green.

Aside from the Warriors with a healthy KD-Klay I don’t think anyone can match the depth and balance the Raptors have on both O and D. The Gasol-Ibaka and Lowry-FVV duos played a huge role and they didn’t even have OG.

If Kawhi stays they’ve got a real chance at the finals again.

The reason I ask is that Portland did give the Raps a fair amount of trouble in the RS.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
So the Raps are in a very rare position right now.

Do they visit the White House, or Ottawa, as league champions?

Will Trump even invite them?

Will Trudeau, looking to cash in during an election year?

Canadian team, with no Canadian players.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto

All very good questions. But your forgot about Bobby Boucher :laugh:

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012

There's really no reason for them to go to the Whitehouse, regardless of who is President. I could definitely see them visiting the Whitehouse.

Was the whole WH visit a thing in 1993? Did the Habs visit either leader after they won?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad