NBA 2019 NBA Finals (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
If they can't finish it on the road, the pressure they're going to be facing, game 7, at home, never won a chip, at risk of blowing a 3-1 lead, that is going to be very overwhelming.

Fortunately for them, Leonard doesn't have any emotions.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Toronto called that time out to spell Kawhi.

Also, after the 3 minute mark you automatically lose one of your timeouts as the most you can have is 2. He used it before he lost it.

He didnt call a timeout at the end of the game as that would allow GSW to set their defense

Iggy made a huge gamble. And you wouldnt call a timeout in the middle of play unfolding as side out is even more difficult to get a good shot in with sub 3 seconds left.

I think that timeout was terrible. You just don't do that with all the momentum on your side. He gave the Warriors a break as Kawhi was going for the kill and iced his own team. He has been great but he botched that.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Sometimes when a team has a chance to close out a series, I think it’s better to be on the road than at home. The whole building is expecting a party, and maybe the team starts playing a bit differently. I think if you play on the road in this situation, it’s less pressure.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
yeah i just don't envision the raptors bouncing back from this

they're devasated while the 3 time champs have all the momentum headed back home. it was a nice run jurassic park

Thats one hell of a twist you have going after a 1 point win because we missed a shot.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I think that timeout was terrible. You just don't do that with all the momentum on your side. He gave the Warriors a break as Kawhi was going for the kill and iced his own team. He has been great but he botched that.

But Kawhi called for the timeout. That timeout was as much as giving him a break. He went all out for 2:30 minutes and you could see him huffing on the bench.

Coaches also typically use that timeout as like I said, you can only carry 2.

No more 20 second timeouts. It's all full with the max 2 the final 3 minutes of a game.

And just as much as the timeout, there was an EXTENDED review right after and another review (unnecessary) for the goaltend.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Warriors President of Basketball Operations is legit crying in the post game interview saying if someone has to be blamed he should. Have to wonder if he wasn't actually ready to come back and Durant sues.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Bob Myers is near tears talking about Durant.

Also, after the 3 minute mark you automatically lose one of your timeouts as the most you can have is 2. He used it before he lost it.
This is the reason Nurse gave in the press conference. That's ridiculous to use one in this situation though. The Warriors were on the ropes and getting torched on both ends until he let them regroup.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Sometimes when a team has a chance to close out a series, I think it’s better to be on the road than at home. The whole building is expecting a party, and maybe the team starts playing a bit differently. I think if you play on the road in this situation, it’s less pressure.

Well, we’re about to find out on back to back nights in different sports......

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Bob Myers is near tears talking about Durant.

This is the reason Nurse gave in the press conference. That's ridiculous to use one in this situation though. The Warriors were on the ropes and getting torched on both ends until he let them regroup.

Dont just blame the timeout.

GSW got another one with the DeMarcus basket interference and the obvious goaltending.

The game slogged even beyond the timeout.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i ******* hate KD but damn that is just heartbreaking. kobe's achilles injury cost him the first month or two of the next season so i expect the same for KD

now the warriors have a little something extra to play for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad