NBA 2019 NBA Finals (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Lets not forget in all this how awful Lowry was at end

Frankly never been impressed by Lawry and even this year in playoffs he has been passenger and underwhelming thru most of run

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Sure. It happened both ways.

Either before both or in the middle. You give your closer rest to be at full blast to close.
But there's a major difference between taking a timeout during FTs and doing it to stop play, wouldn't you agree? The reason Nurse is getting ripped by fans and media is because the Raptors were on a 12-2 run when he did it.

Last edited:

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Golden State lives and dies by the Splash Chuckers

If they win the next 2 games, it'll be solely because of them

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
Golden State lives and dies by the Splash Chuckers

If they win the next 2 games, it'll be solely because of them
sPlAsH cHuKeRs. They both shoot at an incredibly efficient and prolific rate but yeah they’re totally “cHuKeRs”

Someone like JR Smith is the definition of a chucker, not Steph/Klay

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Golden State shot 48% from 3 (20/42) while the Raptors shot 25% (8/32).

The Raptors rebounded the ball better, had less turnovers, more points in the paint, more fast break points.

I am sure there are people who believe the Warriors will just blow them out in game 6 at Oracle, but I don't think that's the case. If the Raptors can just improve that three point shooting up to even 30%, I think they take game 6.

Remember, DeMarcus Cousins has looked like complete trash in 3 of the 5 games this series, and he damn near cost them tonight with the idiotic offensive foul late in the 4th. Kevon Looney probably isn't going to play game 6 with how hurt he is. Livingston is toast, dude needs to retire ASAP. Iguodala running on fumes. No KD.

The Warriors are going to need either Steph/Klay to go nuts in game 6, or for big contributions out of Cousins/Cook/McKinnie.

The Warriors' two wins this series have come with the Raptors firing straight up bricks from the three point line. If that continues, GS will win. If the Raptors can improve, even if just slightly, I think they take it.

Reactions: Avs_19

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

The Raptors rebounded the ball better, had less turnovers, more points in the paint, more fast break points.

I am sure there are people who believe the Warriors will just blow them out in game 6 at Oracle, but I don't think that's the case. If the Raptors can just improve that three point shooting up to even 30%, I think they take game 6.

Remember, DeMarcus Cousins has looked like complete trash in 3 of the 5 games this series, and he damn near cost them tonight with the idiotic offensive foul late in the 4th. Kevon Looney probably isn't going to play game 6 with how hurt he is. Livingston is toast, dude needs to retire ASAP. Iguodala running on fumes. No KD.

The Warriors are going to need either Steph/Klay to go nuts in game 6, or for big contributions out of Cousins/Cook/McKinnie.

The Warriors' two wins this series have come with the Raptors firing straight up bricks from the three point line. If that continues, GS will win. If the Raptors can improve, even if just slightly, I think they take it.

The Durant loss was obviously a massive blow but the Warriors had a lot going for them tonight and they just barely squeaked by. You can never count them out but to me this felt like their one last stand before the Raptors finish them off. Like you said, those guys are running on fumes. The Raptors have the younger, fresher, and deeper group.

Siakam wasn’t good tonight but I didn’t realize he sat for almost the entire fourth quarter. It’s tough to question the decision because they had their best run without him and almost won but he has been their second best player more often than not. He’s also a big reason why their defense is so good and they’ll need that moving forward. He has gone completely cold with his shooting and needs to snap out of it. He hasn’t made a three since game one and is now 0-12 since that game.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Game 6 comes down to this:

Besides Steph and Klay, who can GSW depend on as the third scorer? Someone else will have to contribute.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The Durant loss was obviously a massive blow but the Warriors had a lot going for them tonight and they just barely squeaked by. You can never count them out but to me this felt like their one last stand before the Raptors finish them off. Like you said, those guys are running on fumes. The Raptors have the younger, fresher, and deeper group.

Siakam wasn’t good tonight but I didn’t realize he sat for almost the entire fourth quarter. It’s tough to question the decision because they had their best run without him and almost won but he has been their second best player more often than not. He’s also a big reason why their defense is so good and they’ll need that moving forward. He has gone completely cold with his shooting and needs to snap out of it. He hasn’t made a three since game one and is now 0-12 since that game.

Yeah, Siakam has been a major disappointment since game 1. I kind of had a feeling, too, that he'd slow down. They need him in a big way.

Danny Green also needs to see his minutes restricted. I get he's a decent defender, but he's just not giving you anything on the offensive end.

I'd argue Serge Ibaka has to play even more than he has been this series. Dude has been great.

Game 6 comes down to this:

Besides Steph and Klay, who can GSW depend on as the third scorer? Someone else will have to contribute.

I think it comes down to whether or not the Raptors will shoot themselves into another loss again. Their two losses in this series have seen them missing wide *** open looks from generally good shooters, not the Iguodala's/Green's/Livingston's of the world.

If they can get even just average three point shooting next game, I think they will beat the Warriors. Unless Klay goes Game 6 Klay mode where he beats the Raptors on his own.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
That was the end of Kobe's superstar level of play Durant May become an average player for the rest of his career.

i was thinking that too

yes kobe was a lot older but he was still his dominant self during the 12-13 season and pretty much got the lakers into the playoffs himself. the achilles injury was basically the end for him

it'll really suck if kd suffers the same fate because he's still got so much left in the tank

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
The law of averages at some point HAS to catch up with Golden State.

at some point, the playoff mileage is going to catch up with Klay and Steph.

They have major odometer minutes. It’s like a car running out of gas at some point

LaCarriere

Yep, both in this game and in game 2 the raptors shot awful 3pt%, and it's not like they got blown out.

The fact that GS only won by one, shooting nearly 25% better 3s from the 3pt line (12 more), and that Leonard had a pretty quiet first half and held to just 1 pt in the 3rd, Toronto has to only play just marginally better to win, while I think we saw GS play their best possible game.

Raps didnt make GS pay for their turnovers either, which I think will change.

Either way the haters will hate. It will either be the raps won because GS was injured and missing Durant, or they melted down and lost in 7.

Reactions: irunthepeg
Sep 19, 2008
Damn, seeing some different tunes from the people who were bombarding me with claims I was a hater and salty for even talking about KD.

Considering how adamant you were that GSW were done just a day ago and that Toronto would definitely win even if KD had played the whole series, you sure have yanked your belief pretty quickly.

You aware he didn't play the 2nd half right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad