NBA 2019 NBA Finals (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Some people out there actually questioned the severity of Durant's injury. I don't think there was any ill intent on the players part but some of them repeatedly talking up the toughness of Klay, Boogie, and Looney got even more people talking about why Durant isn't playing. Now he comes back after he was still limping around a few days ago and likely suffers a serious Achilles injury. The MRI is tomorrow but based on everyone's reaction, it seems like worst case scenario. Awful.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
KD could atleast take some solace in the fact his team wouldn't have won without him. He gave them a shot in the arm they haven't had all series.

Not worth his health, he shouldn't have been playing but GS needed him. Props to him again, hope he'll be good to go for next season & on-ward.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
But Kawhi called for the timeout. That timeout was as much as giving him a break. He went all out for 2:30 minutes and you could see him huffing on the bench.

Coaches also typically use that timeout as like I said, you can only carry 2.

No more 20 second timeouts. It's all full with the max 2 the final 3 minutes of a game.

And just as much as the timeout, there was an EXTENDED review right after and another review (unnecessary) for the goaltend.

If the choices are possibly stopping your own team's momentum and giving the Warriors time to regroup or losing the 20 second timeout then you take option two all day. This isn't the reason they lost but it was surprising in the moment and I think it hurt them.

I'll have to go back and watch Kawhi but I didn't see him ask for the timeout. He was on the other side while Nurse and Lowry called it.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Dont just blame the timeout.

GSW got another one with the DeMarcus basket interference and the obvious goaltending.

The game slogged even beyond the timeout.
It was a game-changing timeout. The Warriors went on a 9-0 run immediately afterwards.

Dwane Casey was always shit with his timeouts and Nurse hasn't been much better this season.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
If the choices are possibly stopping your own team's momentum and giving the Warriors time to regroup or losing the 20 second timeout then you take option two all day. This isn't the reason they lost but it was surprising in the moment and I think it hurt them.

I'll have to go back and watch Kawhi but I didn't see him ask for the timeout. He was on the other side while Nurse and Lowry called it.

He had the ball. Nurse probably dont told him to call it, and he agreed.

They also got a good shot off the timeout which could have killed them. Its make or miss. I feel that timeout shouldn't be to blame.

Missed call On Gasol was a bigger call, but at least they rightly got the illegal screen.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
It was a game-changing timeout. The Warriors went on a 9-0 run immediately afterwards.

Dwane Casey was always **** with his timeouts and Nurse hasn't been much better this season.

I understand that. But basketball cant really be correlated like that. You could argue the review for the basket interference took longer than the timeout.

It was 103-100 and the game stopped much longer than a regular timeout.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Toronto won the non-KD minutes by 5 points despite having poor shooting outcomes (25% from 3) and an all-around poor Kawhi game while the Warriors had very good shooting outcomes (48% from 3). They showed again that they are the better team if Durant is out and I expect them to win one of the next two games.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I understand that. But basketball cant really be correlated like that. You could argue the review for the basket interference took longer than the timeout.

It was 103-100 and the game stopped much longer than a regular timeout.
But that's assuming everything plays out the same way and the offensive goaltending play occurs if no timeout is taken. There was no upside to what Nurse did. If it was to rest his players then he was also resting the Warriors and letting them adjust their defense.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The Raptors should still be in a good position to close it out. Tonight was a weird game. It ended up being a one point game after the Warriors hit 12 more threes and Kawhi didn't play his best. Unfortunately, Durant is out again after giving them a nice boost in the first quarter tonight and Looney also reaggravated his injury.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
But that's assuming everything plays out the same way and the offensive goaltending play occurs if no timeout is taken. There was no upside to what Nurse did. If it was to rest his players then he was also resting the Warriors and letting them adjust their defense.

But your also assuming it wouldnt have happened. You cant do that.

Did it kill the momentum? Sure. But they still got a good shot out of the timeout. You cant expect a player to go full blast for a 2 minute burst and not expect a falloff.

The Bulls used to call timeouts during MJ free throws for extra rest.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I don't have sympathy for Durant. It was like when Bergeron played with a punctured lung. Just stupid. Now he cost his career potentially. Sucks he was injured though, hope it isn't the end of him as #1 in the world.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
I feel like Golden State at this point is essentially a hybrid of Freddy Krueger, Michael Myers, and Jason Voorhees.

They just keep coming back

Golden Puppers

Mar 20, 2019
the defense on that last possession was really good. I knew toronto had no shot. Klay made Kawhi get the ball in a bad spot and then they trapped him and Draymond had an great closeout on Lowry.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
But your also assuming it wouldnt have happened. You cant do that.

Did it kill the momentum? Sure. But they still got a good shot out of the timeout. You cant expect a player to go full blast for a 2 minute burst and not expect a falloff.

The Bulls used to call timeouts during MJ free throws for extra rest.
Yeah?

Jordan hit a FT, then they would call a time out, then he would shoot his second?

Is that what your saying?

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
couldn't tell who won tonight after hearing the President of GS..he was a babbling mess

Durant should have never been out there...plain old stupid...I wonder how long until he's 100%

as for the Raptors, they didn't deserve this game..GS had the heart of the champion and led most of the way and made clutch 3 after clutch 3

Raps still in good position...maybe playing a little looser in the visitors building will be good for them cause they were AWFUL open beyond the arc

Reactions: Evil Speaker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad