Post-Game Talk: 2019 IIHF World Junior Championship: Bruins Prospects Edition

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I don't know. Was at the game when the Swiss nearly took Canada out in the Olympics. They might just really like this town.
They aren`t the creampuffs they once were but this also isn`t/wasn`t a power to be aware of.

They work hard, just don`t have the pool of talent to pick from as other countries do, their story is one of the many reasons I have always loved this tournament and yes, well ahead of the Olympics.

Reactions: b in vancouver

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Kinda a Canadian. It's a very popular beer in Canada. Doesn't matter Guiness rules all beer. :)

The Molson Coors Brewing Company is a multinationalbrewing company, formed in 2005 by the merger of Molson ofCanada, and Coors of the United States. It is the world's seventh largest brewer by volume. ... Molson Coors expanded significantly after the merger of Anheuser-Busch InBev and SABMiller in October 2016.
Doesn't matter what country it's from, Coors is terrible imo especially Coors light. I'm not a big fan of Molson Canadian either tho. Sleeman, Keith's and Moosehead are good Canadian beer. I love Labatt Blue myself but a lot of people I know dont like it. I also love Budweiser which obviously isn't Canadian. Some good craft beers too if that's your thing.

Sorry for the rant, I always love a good beer talk. (Especially when drinking it)

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Doesn't matter what country it's from, Coors is terrible imo especially Coors light. I'm not a big fan of Molson Canadian either tho. Sleeman, Keith's and Moosehead are good Canadian beer. I love Labatt Blue myself but a lot of people I know dont like it. I also love Budweiser which obviously isn't Canadian. Some good craft beers too if that's your thing.

Sorry for the rant, I always love a good beer talk. (Especially when drinking it)

Keiths light is good

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
The Swiss just won’t give up. Gotta give them a ton of credit. 3-2 Russia in the 2nd

Some scramble on the 2nd Swiss goal.And Russian forward Kostin is a douche with his antics..Read today Canada forward played with a seperated shoulder and coaches knew it.Not to bright sending him on the penalty shot there knowing he lost mobility.

Reactions: Chief Nine

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Some scramble on the 2nd Swiss goal.And Russian forward Kostin is a *****e with his antics..Read today Canada forward played with a seperated shoulder and coaches knew it.Not to bright sending him on the penalty shot there knowing he lost mobility.

Yeah from what I’ve read Tim Hunter apparently wasn’t too thrilled with using his whole lineup. Seems to me when you have an entire nation of candidates like Canada has, they should be able to roll 4 very good lines no matter what

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
USA going for 4th Gold this decade.Canada has 2.One could argue right there now with them.Pretty sure USA has beaten them head to head last 4 too.
You're talking about a junior tournament that in the grand scheme of things is meaningless. The best 18 and 19 year olds aren't even playing and its a single game knockout tournament. The conversation is about pro players.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
You're talking about a junior tournament that in the grand scheme of things is meaningless. The best 18 and 19 year olds aren't even playing and its a single game knockout tournament. The conversation is about pro players.

Well in pros USA can comete with anyone too head to head.I still remember Brett Hull zipping that big shot past Joseph at World Cup.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Well in pros USA can comete with anyone too head to head.I still remember Brett Hull zipping that big shot past Joseph at World Cup.
You need to go back and read what was said more carefully. No one said they couldn't compete. What was said was that USA doesnt have the depth Canada does yet.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
That was absolutely terrible. You could see the ref behind the net watching the whole play and then not making the call, until wahlstrom shoots the puck in the net.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
That was absolutely terrible. You could see the ref behind the net watching the whole play and then not making the call, until wahlstrom shoots the puck in the net.

THAT GOALIE WAS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO INTERFERED WITH.DISGRACEFUL THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.:surrender

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad