Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Last edited:
Reactions: TCB

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I'm a little late getting going on it this year, but I'm watching Vaak Vs. Studnicka right now so I thought I would fire it up (I'll fix this first post up later w some links)....

GROUP "A" PREVIEW:
Barstool Sports

GROUP "B" PREVIEW:
Barstool Sports

Thoughts impressions and (anti-Team USA, pro-Team Canada) sentiments to be posted here! :naughty:
Do you know if that game is on in the U.S. anywhere?

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Do you know if that game is on in the U.S. anywhere?
I'm not sure --it (preseason) is on TSN here in Canada. Actually, all the WJC games are on in 4K so it is really nice.

Finland up 4-1 on Canada --Finland seems to either be elite or brutal the past bunch of years, so this would seem to be a strong year for them. Vaak isn't even their #1 Dman, despite being a 19 year old with AHL/NHL experience.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Finland's top line could end up being best in the tournament. Necas--Zadina should be killer for the Czechs but they don't have the same supporting cast as the Finns.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I'm not sure --it (preseason) is on TSN here in Canada. Actually, all the WJC games are on in 4K so it is really nice.

Finland up 4-1 on Canada --Finland seems to either be elite or brutal the past bunch of years, so this would seem to be a strong year for them. Vaak isn't even their #1 Dman, despite being a 19 year old with AHL/NHL experience.

Brutal in NA tourneys, strong in European.

Just can't play in NA rink, but hopefully this year's different with some of the top guys like Vaakanainen, Jokiharju, Tolvanen having experience from NA ice.

Reactions: Colt.45Orr

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Russia and the Finnish scare me
Canada will medal,not sure where
USA will end up top 4
6 Bruins prospects to watch

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
I picked USA, Sweden and Canada to medal. Take your pick on the order. That Swedish defence is one of the best all time at this tournament. Czech's are my dark horse team. Russia in fifth.
My personal opinion but these tournaments are better when the Czech team is more than competitive, glad they're producing again.
I think you're sleeping on the Russians and I'm sleeping on the Swedes

Reactions: KrejciMVP

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
My personal opinion but these tournaments are better when the Czech team is more than competitive, glad they're producing again.
I think you're sleeping on the Russians and I'm sleeping on the Swedes

I probably am Eric. Until the last couple of years, the Russians haven't used the CHL/Russia Super Series as their precursor to the WJC. Despite doing well this year at the Super Series, something looked "off" to me. I'm not sure if its more then just not seeing a full 60 minutes out of them in any of those games. I gave them one game I didn't hold against them because of travel, schedule and lack of practice.

They are going up against better competition now and if they don't get a full 60 minutes out of the players, they are in for a long tournament.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Hughes vs. Kakko

The scout in me is most looking forward to this matchup between Jack Hughes and Kaapo Kakko, the consensus top two prospects for the 2019 NHL draft. They have a head-to-head showdown in Victoria on New Year’s Eve and could potentially meet again in the medal round.

The Finns will be young on the back end with four draft eligibles in Mikko Kokkonen, Antonni Honka, Ville Heinola and Lassi Thomson all in the mix and all ranked as first-rounders for me ahead of this tournament. At least a couple of them will likely be in Finland’s lineup.

I miss the Canada USA match-up that always seemed to fall on New years Eve.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I`ll be hitting two games today, USA vs Slovakia (I know Keyser is a B`s pick) and then tonight`s tilt is one I`m excited about with our boy Vaak and Finland vs Sweden.

I`m far from a scout, but I`ll do my best to offer my feedback and exclamations of draft bust or boom to all of ya:laugh:

Those are the only 2 picks I believe I`ll have live access to

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I`ll be hitting two games today, USA vs Slovakia (I know Keyser is a B`s pick) and then tonight`s tilt is one I`m excited about with our boy Vaak and Finland vs Sweden.

I`m far from a scout, but I`ll do my best to offer my feedback and exclamations of draft bust or boom to all of ya:laugh:

That’s awesome looking forward to your opinion

Have a great time

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Super pumped to watch the tourney. Will be great to watch the Bs prospects, but there is an absolute crapload of talent overall that should make it a fun and competitive event. The Finland/Sweden matchup should be an entertaining game. Got my snacks ready for some marathon watching over the next several days/evenings.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA

Wow have a great time
Let us know how Vaakanainen looks after not playing much hockey since his injury

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->