Post-Game Talk: 2019 IIHF World Junior Championship: Bruins Prospects Edition

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
They aren`t the creampuffs they once were but this also isn`t/wasn`t a power to be aware of.

They work hard, just don`t have the pool of talent to pick from as other countries do, their story is one of the many reasons I have always loved this tournament and yes, well ahead of the Olympics.

No doubt.
There's probably as many hockey players in the community that I grew up in as there are in Switzerland.
- then again a few from the community made the show and a few more could have with a wee bit more effort and less injuries.

You just need the best playing.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
He was great out there and controlled the system plays from the back end. Many of the faceoffs the players would all come to Vaakanainen to get direction. Nothing flashy about his game but a steady and very systematic play. He was thinking rebound off the boards for bank passes often and never seemed tired out there.

He looks like one of few 'NHL players' in the tournament.
One of my nephews even brought him up (Leaf fan whom never knew Vaak was a Bruins prospect) about how solid he looked.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Anyone wanna fill me in on who the f*** Pavel Shen or Keyser is? Never heard of them in my life until this tourney.

FrankerC

Jun 24, 2016
Lewiston, Maine
Anyone wanna fill me in on who the **** Pavel Shen or Keyser is? Never heard of them in my life until this tourney.
Kyle Keyser was signed on to a undrafted ELC. Currently playing in the OHL with the Oshawa Generals and having a very solid season.
Pavel Shen is a 7th round pick who has seen some time in the KHL this season. He had a pretty solid WJC for Russia.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Congrats Team Finland. Vaak finished the game with most TOI for his team? That's gotta tell you something.

Reactions: TCB

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad