Post-Game Talk: 2019 IIHF World Championship in Slovakia

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON

Pretty much the exact same things were said about Gretz in his day

I couldn't take my eyes off Pettersson when the Canucks played here in January. He was clearly the best player on the ice for either team, and second place wasn't particularly close. He's a special, transformative player, the kind around whom you can build a franchise...

Reactions: StupendousFlow

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I'm not sure how I feel about Balcers. Everything about him seemed to scream (effective) tweener and tweeners usually do really well in this tournament.

I just can't decide how high his ceiling might be.

Reactions: bert

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
What a nail bitter game. :fight:

Some jerk in the crowd threw a bunch of coins on the ice.
Stone & future Captain "C"habot hooked up for a great winning goal! :hockey:

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa

Pretty much the exact same things were said about Gretz in his day

This is such a weird thought by Wayne. Pettersson has an insane shot and is an amazing skater. Like yeah, he sees the ice incredibly well and has elite hockey IQ but for the most part he IS the best skater and hardest shooter on the ice at almost all times. He's just elite all around. Its nuts that the Canucks got him at #5 in that draft.

Reactions: Larionov

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
This is such a weird thought by Wayne. Pettersson has an insane shot and is an amazing skater. Like yeah, he sees the ice incredibly well and has elite hockey IQ but for the most part he IS the best skater and hardest shooter on the ice at almost all times. He's just elite all around. Its nuts that the Canucks got him at #5 in that draft.
If he played for the USNTDP team , he'd have gone 1st in a landslide

Reactions: bert

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad