Post-Game Talk: 2019 IIHF World Championship in Slovakia

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Positive: Looks like Chabot will be on their top pair and QB their #1 PP Unit.
Negative: Could be the next "Captain Canada" cuz it will be a while before the Sens win a round in the playoffs.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
lol... nice catch.

On another note, Sweden is going to be stacked in the back end in the coming years not that it already isn't.

Hedman-Karlsson
Dahlin-Stralman
Heiskanen-Larsson
OEL-Klingberg
Brannstrom-
Heiskanen is Finnish

Reactions: bert

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I don't see why ppl are worried about having Wolanin, Chabot and Brannstrom on the team. I highly doubt anyone is moved in the 'near future'. We can play someone on the right side or play Brannstrom in the AHL next season. We don't even know what we have in these three guys yet to worry about that now

Reactions: NB613

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I don't see why ppl are worried about having Wolanin, Chabot and Brannstrom on the team. I highly doubt anyone is moved in the 'near future'. We can play someone on the right side or play Brannstrom in the AHL next season. We don't even know what we have in these three guys yet to worry about that now
1 BIG reason
698805998.jpg.0.jpg

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Dorion isn't afraid to send guys down and keep them there though. We saw it with Batherson this year
Totally different decision at this point between .. Resigning Wolanin to a contract of some sort vs sending Batherson down or letting him stay down in Belleville. Batherson had a stint went cold and went down and never caught fire again. Wolanin came up to replace Lajoie, pre injury reported, where they were hoping to give Lajoie the important minutes fighting for a playoff spot. Wolanin was fa ntastic and drove play a lot in Belleville. He came up and once again showed he belongs in the NHL all be it, as a developing player. Wolanin requires a more immediate more difficult decision from Dorion than what to do with Batherson last season

Reactions: topshelf15

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Canada trails Austria 3-2 in 2nd period - exhibition game

Now 3-3 Kyle turris scored Canada's 2nd

Last edited:

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Canada now leads 6-4, Mark Stone just scored Canada's 6th still in 2nd

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Totally different decision at this point between .. Resigning Wolanin to a contract of some sort vs sending Batherson down or letting him stay down in Belleville. Batherson had a stint went cold and went down and never caught fire again. Wolanin came up to replace Lajoie, pre injury reported, where they were hoping to give Lajoie the important minutes fighting for a playoff spot. Wolanin was fa ntastic and drove play a lot in Belleville. He came up and once again showed he belongs in the NHL all be it, as a developing player. Wolanin requires a more immediate more difficult decision from Dorion than what to do with Batherson last season

Why is that? Can't they just keep Lajoie and Brannstrom in the AHL to start the year and Wolanin on the big team?

No doubt in my mind that Wolanin wouldn't have been sent back down if Bellville didnt need him late in the season. Pretty clearly an NHL player and a lock for a roster spot. Kinda like White at the end of last season

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I see Wolanin as trade bait too or insurance if one of JBD or EB don’t develop as planned.

A D composed of TC, EB, JBD, CW is really soft unless a few of those players develop some shut down awareness in their own end. Teams 1-2 lines would skate through them.

Even if we add a Sieder type in 2019 he won’t play until at least 2020 and that leaves us with Jaros, Ceci, or Demelo.

Selling high and trading CW at the 2019 deadline for a first or top prospect may make sense. Especially if JBD takes a step.
Wolanin is a promising young player who has potential to be a solid top-4 guy.

People need to stop with this fantasy that every prospect will blossom to their potential. It's more likely that every prospect busts than every one becoming a star.

Last edited:

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008

Wonder if USA has landed a D-man or two from Colorado and Wolanin is on the way out?

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON

Wonder if USA has landed a D-man or two from Colorado and Wolanin is on the way out?

That would be a mistake by the Team USA brass. Wolanin would never answer the call again to go to the Worlds if they jerk him around like that. These guys aren't getting paid to be there and it's not the Olympics. To me, once you've brought a guy over you go with him unless he gets hurt...

Reactions: NB613

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
That would be a mistake by the Team USA brass. Wolanin would never answer the call again to go to the Worlds if they jerk him around like that. These guys aren't getting paid to be there and it's not the Olympics. To me, once you've brought a guy over you go with him unless he gets hurt...
Pickin mg Adam Fox over him is kinda embarrassing. He clearly wont play at this point even if they keep him.

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
Pickin mg Adam Fox over him is kinda embarrassing. He clearly wont play at this point even if they keep him.
Adam Fox was 3rd best defender game wise against Germany, I wouldn’t underestimate him, kid is skilled.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Adam Fox was 3rd best defender game wise against Germany, I wouldn’t underestimate him, kid is skilled.

I didnt understimate him in the least also its one exibition game against Germany... These are all players that played in the NHL. Wolanin had a great season at the pro level 31 points in 40 games in the AHL then 12 in 30 in the NHL as a plus player on bad teams. Those are great numbers for an NHL rookie.

Reactions: IamJust0ne

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad