Post-Game Talk: 2019 IIHF World Championship in Slovakia

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
sens did the homework on Stone and then when it comes time to pay up.....crickets.

Makes me wanna kick Melnyk & Dorion in the shins for letting him get away! :thumbd:

Anyhoo, Woo-Hoo Canada going for Gold tomorrow afternoon!!!!!!!! :thumbu::thumbu::thumbu:

Screenshot 2019-05-25 15.53.16.png

Last edited:

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
I once believed that Mark Stone couldn't play in the NHL due to weak skating. I've never been so wrong about a prospect. He's got to be the favorite for tournament MVP. The eight goals are nice but I'm more impressed with his incredible ability to pick the pockets of the opposition.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
How is mark stone still not with the sens....mind boggling considering several insiders expected it to get done until **** severely hit the fan

Dorion and that ****ing 1 year arb agreement. Couldn’t even buy 1 friggin year of UFA status.

They really should’ve just traded him when he was RFA when it came down to only signing 1 year

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I once believed that Mark Stone couldn't play in the NHL due to weak skating. I've never been so wrong about a prospect. He's got to be the favorite for tournament MVP. The eight goals are nice but I'm more impressed with his incredible ability to pick the pockets of the opposition.
Anthony Mantha is also having a pretty good tournament but I hope Stone wins Tournament MVP.

Reactions: Back in Black

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
Anthony Mantha is also having a pretty good tournament but I hope Stone wins Tournament MVP.

I'm old enough to remember when a select few on here lobbied for Mantha at the 2013 draft.

I wasn't one of them as I don't follow prospects enough to be able to contribute.

But.. that was the year we picked Lazar ahead of him.

Reactions: Deku

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
What is up with these awards? Kucherov wins best forward, he doesn’t get listed as a top 3 forward on the all star team then a silver medalist Stone wins MVP? Weird

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
When Canada gets upset internationally, this is usually how it goes down - a goalie stands on his head and we lose despite outshooting our opponent two to one. That Finnish goalie was ridiculous today - give him all the credit in the world...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->