GDT: 2019 IIHF U18 Tournament

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
If somebody gave me a million dollars, and my only two options were to either bet it all on Zadina having a great NHL career, or to bet it all on Podkolzin having a great NHL career...

...I choose Zadina without hesitation.

Both players might turn out great, but I've seen a lot more evidence for Filip than for Vasili.
both have great hands , both speed not for NHL , but Podkolzin is complete player , he works harder to. any way it was a mistake not to get Bouchard

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
He's definitely got the vision. I'm just saying they're VERY active blocking passing lanes on Krebs today. They're not even worrying about Cozens and Newhook much.

I think he’s definitely improved his draft stock. Not sure to what end, but he’s looked very good consistently this tournament once he’s been surrounded by talent.

Reactions: Fire Ken Holland

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Krebs having a bit of a rough 1st period. Sweden is totally aware that the top line runs through him. He's got to be able to generate something by himself there.
I don't see him not strong enough, Wil be very happy if we get him

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I have him above Turcotte and Cozens at this point. I'm all-in.

These regular viewings have been big time for establishing my feelings on Krebs, as well as reassuring my feelings on Zegras from a while back. Both of them possess a level of skill that even on a down night, they still attempt to create high danger chances that could create breakdowns in the defense at any given moment.

Their high level play speaks for itself, as it does for every prospect, but even when it isn’t appearing as a counting stat on the score sheet, are you still generating something with the chance to produce.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Krebs is an absolue dog on the back check too. I'm obviously not a scout but watching him play beside Cozens for like 5 games doesnt mke Cozens look good. I barely saw them erlier in the season and for all we know Cozens could be nursing a small injury or something.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Krebs is an absolue dog on the back check too. I'm obviously not a scout but watching him play beside Cozens for like 5 games doesnt mke Cozens look good. I barely saw them erlier in the season and for all we know Cozens could be nursing a small injury or something.

I think Krebs thrives off of that aspect of the game. I don’t know that many top 10 prospects have that much give-a-damn about defensive responsibility the way that he does.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad