GDT: 2019 IIHF U18 Tournament

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
USA vs Canada for bronze. Lets see who can overcome lost game. Who should we go after , Zegras, Turcotte, Cozens , Krebs or it could be Caulfield

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Who is the 3rd best player in this draft???

I have not a clue...

Did we have a clue last year? Like I feel like we were told it was Zadina. I feel like scouts thought it might be Tkachuk. Kotkaniemi made a huge push. Quinn Hughes has continued to get a lot of hype, rightfully so.

plymouthmi

Jan 17, 2015
Chicago
Is there anywhere to see the complete games after the fact? The timing has worked out for me that I've seen most of the US games but none of the Canada games.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Is there anywhere to see the complete games after the fact? The timing has worked out for me that I've seen most of the US games but none of the Canada games.

FKH shared one video earlier. On YouTube like Taiwan Hockey to something along those lines.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Did we have a clue last year? Like I feel like we were told it was Zadina. I feel like scouts thought it might be Tkachuk. Kotkaniemi made a huge push. Quinn Hughes has continued to get a lot of hype, rightfully so.

This year it feels way more wide open to me.

At this time last year Zadina was playing in the men’s tournament like Kakko will be. He had dominated at the U20’s. I had very little questions on him.

This year every time I slot someone at #3 they never seem to be able to run with it.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018

At this time last year Zadina was playing in the men’s tournament like Kakko will be. He had dominated at the U20’s. I had very little questions on him.

This year every time I slot someone at #3 they never seem to be able to run with it.

Have you tried turning it off and back on again?

Reactions: hkydave04

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
It's going to be very interesting to follow Makar and [The Golden God] Hughes' career as they progress.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010

yeah it feels like a total crapshoot right now

the only thing i'm confident in anymore outside the top 2 is Byram going somewhere in the top 5 because he's the top d-man in the draft

if Podkolzin is still 3rd on the final McKenzie list then he's probably still going top 5 too but if not who even knows at this point

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Zegras does look an awful lot like Barzal to me.

I don't love his game as much as some, but when he flashes that way I get intrigued. I just love how he uses his skating to create space and seems to understand when to go and when to start and stop.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
The real gold medal game about to start. Canada vs USA

Pretty disrespectful to Sweden and Russia. They had better strategies and won the game.

While the most talented team doesn't always win these kind of tournaments and this year Team USA is better than the field, they picked the wrong time to have an off game. Canada lost to the host.

Still will be a fun game to watch but it isn't the real Gold Medal game, they lost that opportunity and credit to those playing in the Gold Medal game, Russia got dominated in the pool play and fixed that issue in the medal round. Hopefully most of this Team USA group (Hughes will be in the NHL...) will carry this lesson forward to the WJC this and next year when a lot of these guys will feature.

Steely Van

Oct 12, 2018
Pretty disrespectful to Sweden and Russia. They had better strategies and won the game.

While the most talented team doesn't always win these kind of tournaments and this year Team USA is better than the field, they picked the wrong time to have an off game. Canada lost to the host.

Still will be a fun game to watch but it isn't the real Gold Medal game, they lost that opportunity and credit to those playing in the Gold Medal game, Russia got dominated in the pool play and fixed that issue in the medal round. Hopefully most of this Team USA group (Hughes will be in the NHL...) will carry this lesson forward to the WJC this and next year when a lot of these guys will feature.
The refs handed Sweden the win against Canada. USA won against Russia in round robin which should considered the tie breaker, not a shootout.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad