OT: 2019 Football Thread: Part IV – More like the "Football Thread", amirite?

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Chiefs... pls curb stomp the 49'ers out of existence. Embarrass them so bad that they immediately fold as a franchise. That is all.
If the historical trend of elite defenses crushing SB competition continues, I think you’re gonna be sorely disappointed. The game is an intriguing one at least.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
The NFL postseason is so much more enjoyable and interesting when the Patriots, Steelers and Ravens aren’t involved . Always liked KC , saw them as the Jets brothers in suck, of course now they will leave that club behind and start hanging out with the cool kids of the NFL while the Jets sit alone in the cafeteria like the losers they are

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
mentioned on boomer & gio this morning that jason garrett's last game as the giants backup QB was the final game pre-Eli...now his first game as OC will be the first game post-Eli

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Say what you will about Eli's career, he took the Giants by the ****ing neck and threw them at Superbowl 46. He won that one by himself.
"Woooooow, well f*** you!" - Giants defense and running game

Joking aside Eli never carried the team anywhere but early PO exits. When the team around him wasn't good enough the Giants never once won a single game in the playoffs. For two magic runs all the pieces fell in place. Those were team efforts with Manning certainly playing his part. He was a very good qb and a clutch player in two crucial superbowls but never a "carry the team" qb.

In this super bowl, Bradshaw and jacobs gave the Giants a massive time of possession advantage, that D had multiple key stops all game. Manning had 1 td and alllmost 300 yards. Hakeem with a huge 10 reception day. They all did their part

7 4000 yard seasons
3 seasons 30+td.

Very good and a two time champ with one of the most heroic, legendary clutch plays in all of sports under his belt

Last edited:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
"Woooooow, well **** you!" - Giants defense and running game

Joking aside Eli never carried the team anywhere but early PO exits. When the team around him wasn't good enough the Giants never once won a single game in the playoffs. For two magic runs all the pieces fell in place. Those were team efforts with Manning certainly playing his part. He was a very good qb and a clutch player in two crucial superbowls but never a "carry the team" qb.

In this super bowl, Bradshaw and jacobs gave the Giants a massive time of possession advantage, that D had multiple key stops all game. Manning had 1 td and alllmost 300 yards. Hakeem with a huge 10 reception day. They all did their part
The 2011 Giants were:

-32nd in rushing yards
-32nd in rushing xp added
-27th in yards allowed
-21st in xp added by defense

In the playoffs, after rushing for 172 yards in round 1, the Giants followed that up with a wholly unimpressive 95, 85, and 114. Meanwhile, Manning posted QB ratings of 129.3, 114.5, 82.3, and 103.7.

The defense had their moments, being in the top half in sacks and takeaways, but the running game was the worst in the NFL the entire season. Jacobs touched the ball all of 9 times in SB46.

In total, Eli racked up 1,219 yards, 9 TD's, 1 INT, and a rating of 103.3 despite his offensive line allowing 11 sacks.

Eli won 4 playoff games when the team around him wasn't good enough, all in 2011.

Last edited:

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
The 2011 Giants were:

-32nd in rushing yards
-32nd in rushing xp added
-27th in yards allowed
-21st in xp added by defense

In the playoffs, after rushing for 172 yards in round 1, the Giants followed that up with a wholly unimpressive 95, 85, and 114. Meanwhile, Manning posted QB ratings of 129.3, 114.5, 82.3, and 103.7.

The defense had their moments, being in the top half in sacks and takeaways, but the running game was the worst in the NFL the entire season. Jacobs touched the ball all of 9 times in SB46.

In total, Eli racked up 1,219 yards, 9 TD's, 1 INT, and a rating of 103.3 despite his offensive line allowing 11 sacks.

Eli won 4 playoff games when the team around him wasn't good enough, all in 2011.

32? 32? 27? 21? Ranked out of 16 teams? Holy shit that IS bad!

I LOOOOVE how you took a discussion about playoff performance (and performance in the actual super bowl) between eli AND the rush/D, but ignored the playoff performance for half of them

All i'm saying is what the playoff stats show, he was just ONE of the drivers. He did not carry shit solo.

You arbitrarily bring up that Jacobs touched it 9 times while completely ignoring 2 key things.
1) What he did on those plays
which isn't as important as
2) You also ignore that I brought up the rushing attack in its entirety.

In any case I addressed everything you said here in my last post

I acknowledged that inferior pieces came together, gave crucial stats about the running game and possession time that you ignored, brought up the D stops and Hakeem in the super bowl. Manning did not carry them in that game. That was a team that came together at the right time and he was one of the key components without a doubt. Separately we can talk about other games but you don't just ignore the single most important game.

The defense shut out the falcons completely. What'd they have 172 rushing yards and Nicks had 2 TDs? Manning also had a huge game. Again everyone contributed, the team came together.

GB game? Nicks with 7 catches, 165 yards and another 2 TDs. Def had FOUR turnovers and FOUR sacks. Like holy shit those are beast ass games by everybody including Eli who had 330 yard and 3 tds.

SF? Bradshaw has 26 touches for 70+ rush yards and 50+ rec yards. That's a really good ass game. Cruz with 10 catches and 142 yards.. Def forced 4 fumbles and recovered 2. They sacked Smith 3 times. Held him to under 200 pass yards. Damn good game. Manning took a beating and hung in there. Beast performance. 58 pass attempts, no Int. 300 yards, 2 tds.

Everyone contributed. Im not here saying Eli sucked I'm here saying you're wrong trying to take away from what everyone else did

Last edited:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
32? 32? 27? 21? Ranked out of 16 teams? Holy **** that IS bad!

I LOOOOVE how you took a discussion about playoff performance (and performance in the actual super bowl) between eli AND the rush/D, but ignored the playoff performance for half of them

All i'm saying is what the playoff stats show, he was just ONE of the drivers. He did not carry **** solo.

You arbitrarily bring up that Jacobs touched it 9 times while completely ignoring 2 key things.

I acknowledged that inferior pieces came together, gave crucial stats about the running game and possession time that you ignored, brought up the D stops and Hakeem in the super bowl. Manning did not carry them in that game. That was a team that came together at the right time and he was one of the key components without a doubt. Separately we can talk about other games but you don't just ignore the single most important game.

The defense shut out the falcons completely. What'd they have 172 rushing yards and Nicks had 2 TDs? Manning also had a huge game. Again everyone contributed, the team came together.

GB game? Nicks with 7 catches, 165 yards and another 2 TDs. Def had FOUR turnovers and FOUR sacks. Like holy **** those are beast ass games by everybody including Eli who had 330 yard and 3 tds.

SF? Bradshaw has 26 touches for 70+ rush yards and 50+ rec yards. That's a really good ass game. Cruz with 10 catches and 142 yards.. Def forced 4 fumbles and recovered 2. They sacked Smith 3 times. Held him to under 200 pass yards. Damn good game. Manning took a beating and hung in there. Beast performance. 58 pass attempts, no Int. 300 yards, 2 tds.

Everyone contributed. Im not here saying Eli sucked I'm here saying you're wrong trying to take away from what everyone else did
I'm not trying to take away anything. They were a 9-7 team. They don't have anything to take away.

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
32? 32? 27? 21? Ranked out of 16 teams? Holy **** that IS bad!

All i'm saying is what the playoff stats show, he was just ONE of the drivers. He did not carry **** solo.

GB game? Nicks with 7 catches, 165 yards and another 2 TDs. Def had FOUR turnovers and FOUR sacks. Like holy **** those are beast ass games by everybody including Eli who had 330 yard and 3 tds.

Eli had a lot of game winning drives that season. Don’t act like he was just a passenger. He carried that team to the playoffs. The Defense got hot, but they wouldn’t have been there if it wasn’t for the performance of Eli Manning.

I don’t know why it’s so controversial that for that ONE season, Eli carried the team to the playoffs and eventually the Super Bowl.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Only five times this century has a Superbowl winning QB had a higher rating in the playoffs and all five of those teams had more wins than the Giants. Three of them won 13 games.

Eli is arguably the Superbowl winning QB that had the most to do in recent history.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad