OT: 2019 Football Thread: Part IV – More like the "Football Thread", amirite?

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
odell beckham handing cash to LSU players after the game...lolwat? (lsu officials claim it was fake money)

ponzu4u

Feb 27, 2013
If, in terms of assistant coaches, the Giants really opt to keep Shula as OC and hire the Dolphins DC, I will go on record as being significantly less than impressed...

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Sounds like there's a good chance the Jets are only getting our 3rd round comp pick and not our high 3rd rounder for LW. At least that's the discussion on BBV right now. If that is the case, the trade still sucks but it's a lot better than it was initially.

Reactions: ponzu4u

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Sounds like there's a good chance the Jets are only getting our 3rd round comp pick and not our high 3rd rounder for LW. At least that's the discussion on BBV right now. If that is the case, the trade still sucks but it's a lot better than it was initially.

Can you trade comp picks in season? I’m not sure

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I actually think Garrett is a really good hire. 4 of 10 years they had him as HC they were a top 5 offense. Really one bad offensive year with the Cowboys - the year btw Romo and Dak.

Reactions: New York City

Adam Fox Time

Jan 1, 2020
I actually think Garrett is a really good hire. 4 of 10 years they had him as HC they were a top 5 offense. Really one bad offensive year with the Cowboys - the year btw Romo and Dak.

Stats to confirm this, Dallas Cowboys offense 2007 - 2019:

TOTALS
NFL RANK
Yards/Play​
5.8​
2nd​
Yards/Game​
367​
4th​
Total QBR​
64.3​
5th​
Points/Game​
24.3​
6th​
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Source: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28504338/jason-garrett-joins-giants-new-offensive-coordinator

Some people will make fun of this because it's Jason Garrett, though. Garrett honestly would have been a decent hire as head coach to finally get him away from Jerry Jones, but I'm glad he's the OC.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
The biggest issue with the Giants is their crappy defense. My fear with Garrett is that he''ll be the next head coach if Judge doesn't pan out.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
I think because he was gumpy with the press and people only remember the Dave Brown/Danny Kannell era, they sometimes forget most of the work he did in the first 12-13 years of him as GM which was mostly phenomenal.

I'll agree with the comment about the media. But I don't think people only remember the Brown/Kannell/Graham years. He did win two Super Bowls.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I'll agree with the comment about the media. But I don't think people only remember the Brown/Kannell/Graham years. He did win two Super Bowls.

Oh absolutely but in terms of contemporary talk, you never heard much about him. The Super Bowl Years it's always the Parcells/Taylor/Simms/Bellichek taking the spotlight. Never how he drafted Banks, signed the clutch Matt Bahr, drafted Pepper Johnson. His mainstream coverage is very similar to Zubov and 94. People really wanted him to resign after the Handley fiasco at the time.

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
The biggest issue with the Giants is their crappy defense. My fear with Garrett is that he''ll be the next head coach if Judge doesn't pan out.

Let me allay your fears a little. if Judge fails then Gettleman is most assuredly gone too. The new GM will have his choice of coach and it's unlikely to be Garrett. Note that if they were to force Garrett or any coach onto the next GM than we've reached the 7th circle of hell no matter.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
This is amazing

Seeing the Lamar Hunt trophy back in Kc is going to be one of the best moments ever in about two minutes

Still one more hill to climb

I want to play Green Bay
I remember the feeling of getting there in 2008 and for like four days I was like "man we're going to the biggest show in American sports; I don't care what happens, I'm just thrilled to be there."

Then by Thursday I was like "then again, while we're there, we might as f***ing well..." :laugh:

Also funny story about that season, I legit said to my friends during week 9 or 10 that we would hand the then 9-0 Patriots their first loss in the Superbowl. I ain't claiming to be no genius because I said it completely f***ing around but damn I should have played Powerball that day.

Anyway imma be wearing red and gold for you cause you know I got plenty of that.

Last edited:
Reactions: BreadmanGetsPaid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad