OT: 2019 Football Thread: Part III – Danny Dimes and Sammy Spleens Edition

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
It was just my opinion on the Colts reaction.

I’ve seen the Patriots display less hubris after demolishing full squads.
Yeah maybe they should apologize for winning to the super humble chiefs. It's not like they're playing with a backup QB and have injuries of their own...

Edit: The Pats also went bananas after someone dared list them as an underdog last season. I mean how dare they right?

Reactions: Maximus

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Yeah maybe they should apologize for winning to the super humble chiefs. It's not like they're playing with a backup QB and have injuries of their own...

Edit: The Pats also went bananas after someone dared list them as an underdog last season. I mean how dare they right?

So hyperbole leaks over into the football section too?

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Give me a break with the nonsense that the colts celebrated too much because the poor chiefs had injuries.

Seriously... their franchise QB retired right before the start of the season and Chiefs are widely considered a Super Bowl contender.

I’m sure the Chiefs might have an underdog mentality if Mahomes decided in August to spend the year backpacking across Europe.

Deleted member 23124

It's a nice thought but not realistic. If there was such a thing as a QB wizard who can easily turn these late round picks/undrafted players into competent players then there would be no need to have a good one. You'd just get some random guy and spend all your money on the lines and defense and such and that coach would likely be the number 1 most valuable commodity in the entire league.
Look...I'm not saying he should be able to turn the likes of Falk into Dan Marino, but with his "reputation" we should be seeing a whole lot more than what we're getting -- and our offense should be more than "hand the ball to Bell and pray."

Deleted member 23124

The beginning of the season was always going to be tough for the Jets. Bills, Browns, Pats 2x, Eagles, Cowboys. We all knew this. Now we're on a QB #3 and it's going as expected, and people are shocked by this?

I'm not sure where the shock is coming from. Do you expect to be beating the Eagles with a 3rd string QB?
QB #3?....If I recall, we've moved on to QB#4.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Gase has been completely unimpressive to me in Miami, and now here. He’s still living off of Peytons great year, when Peyton was really the brains behind the operation.

With that said, Falk is not an NFL player. All the coaching in the world isn’t making him a competent QB. I’m sure Fales is no better.

... and I haven’t even gotten into the fact that the Jets have completely neglected their offensive line for the better part of a decade. I’d like to see offensive line with their top two picks next draft.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
I hate to beat a dead horse, but isn't he supposed to be a QB guru and offensive wizard???? If you're THAT good of a coach, you find a way to win or at least look competitive with what you have.
My friend was making this argument with me, and I get where you’re coming from but...I mean...3rd string QB with a bad o line? What are you supposed to do about that? It’s not his fault the o line is untalented and that Luke Falk isn’t an NFL level QB.

Not a huge Gase fan at all but yeah he’s in a no win situation here.

Deleted member 23124

My friend was making this argument with me, and I get where you’re coming from but...I mean...3rd string QB with a bad o line? What are you supposed to do about that? It’s not his fault the o line is untalented and that Luke Falk isn’t an NFL level QB.

I understand the point you're making....but it looks like the man is totally lost. Maybe he doesn't have anything (or very little) to work with...but at least try!!! It's almost as if the entire organization is on hold until Darnold comes back (and I honestly have to say I'm dreading that.....if I were Sam, I'd have another bout of mono and stay home).

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY

This.

Even if you're not a Gase fan (for me, the verdict is still out), I can't see what else he can really do with this piss poor of an o-line and a 3rd string QB at best.

Sucks big time, believe me, but it is what it is. This mess of a situation was here long before Gase.

Deleted member 23124

This.

Even if you're not a Gase fan (for me, the verdict is still out), I can't see what else he can really do with this piss poor of an o-line and a 3rd string QB at best.

Sucks big time, believe me, but it is what it is. This mess of a situation was here long before Gase.
That's the reason I would NOT put Darnold back out there any time soon.

Do you want ants

Thats how u get ants
Jul 2, 2015
Because Mahomes was playing on a sprain, was taken out of the game, was stupidly placed back in, Wylie fell on Mahomes ankle further injuring him, Mahomes left the game for good, and then Wiley rolled his ankle.

To answer your question , ya know context?
Ok, so you’re mad Mahomes got hurt and you lost a game you were an 11 pt favorite in. Got it.

Still don’t see a problem with a team playing with a back up QB and depleted defense, celebrating after a win. Do you also get upset over baseball players flipping bats after hitting home runs?

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Give me a break with the nonsense that the colts celebrated too much because the poor chiefs had injuries.

Ok, so you’re mad Mahomes got hurt and you lost a game you were an 11 pt favorite in. Got it.

Still don’t see a problem with a team playing with a back up QB and depleted defense, celebrating after a win. Do you also get upset over baseball players flipping bats after hitting home runs?

No U! X2

[I’m salty]

Deleted member 23124

So if the doctors say he is healthy and fine to play you just...wouldn't play him? Why even have the team show up to the game then just forfeit.
Would it really be that much different from what we're getting now?

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Would it really be that much different from what we're getting now?

This is the exact same argument that was used about Zuccarello in the playoffs when he got hurt like four years ago. If the doctors clear him to play he is going to play. His job is the starting QB. He's not just going to sit and not play if he is able to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad