OT: 2019 Football Thread: Part III – Danny Dimes and Sammy Spleens Edition

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
A deceiving game by Jones. Completion % looks good and not INTs but he missed a wide open guy for a TD and overthrew a guy in the end zone. To be fair though his receivers did drop 2 automatic catches as well

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
A deceiving game by Jones. Completion % looks good and not INTs but he missed a wide open guy for a TD and overthrew a guy in the end zone. To be fair though his receivers did drop 2 automatic catches as well
The offensive line needs a lot of work. He's taken a beating in this game. Don't want him to go out like Luck.

klingsor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Manhattan
Visit site
Tough to win when so thin at LB (especially if you play the 3/4) and no real RB.

Coulda been worse.

And I don't like Zimmer. Might be a good coach but an extremely unpleasant face.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Kinda lame for the Colts to be that giddy for the win given the injuries to the Chiefs.

I’m not saying they cheated. A wins a win, but maybe take it down a notch ?

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
As far as my beloved Jets, yeah it's a dumpster fire...0-4 on the way for sure to 0-6 and likely 0-7 with the Boys,Pats and Jags on tap. Not sure what to think of Gase but I can tell you this and I hate that I'm thinking this but and I think I want Gase gone at end of year. He really doesn't seem to have the ability to adjust on the fly or be all to innovative.

Coaches need to adjust to injuries and when shit goes bad. I don't see that happening from Gase. He seems like he's out of his league here...I really do.

But I want to see how the team performs once Darnold, Herndon, Quinnen Williams and Mosely are back before I come to any official conclusions. If they still are showing nothing on offense crappy oline or not, I don't see why Douglass doesn't take a real hard look end of year at whether or not Gase is the guy to lead this football team. I'd have no problemo at all if Mike McCarthy wasn't given a call....hint hint.

Thank the good lord for the Rangers otherwise this fall and winter sports calendar would really be one of despair.

Reactions: zephyr

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Im havin sex w u rn
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Kinda lame for the Colts to be that giddy for the win given the injuries to the Chiefs.

They ate our souls tonight. That’s a huge win for them, they were 11 point underdogs. They deserve to bug out over it.

Quinton Nelson is a generational talent btw. Just putting this out there for everyone to see. Cough Giants shoulda taken him over Barkley cough

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
They ate our souls tonight. That’s a huge win for them, they were 11 point underdogs. They deserve to bug out over it.

Quinton Nelson is a generational talent btw. Just putting this out there for everyone to see. Cough Giants shoulda taken him over Barkley cough

I wasn’t trying to be a sore loser. I know it was a big game for the Colts standings wise.

Im just saying given the injuries, they should have been a bit more humble. Even for themselves going forward.

Pride goeth before a fall.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Im havin sex w u rn
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
I wasn’t trying to be a sore loser. I know it was a big game for the Colts standings wise.

Im just saying given the injuries, they should have been a bit more humble. Even for themselves going forward.

Pride goeth before a fall.
Welp Tyreek should be back next week so thats good. Eric Fisher needs to get back ASAP, Cam Erving at left tackle...it’s not good.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Welp Tyreek should be back next week so thats good. Eric Fisher needs to get back ASAP, Cam Erving at left tackle...it’s not good.

I’ve had my share of ankle injuries.

After Mahomes was all taped, I said to my brother , they should just take the loss.

Wylie also rolled his ankle after stepping on the already tapped ankle of Mahomes.

You don’t want to f*** with sprains like that.

Anyway, back to my original point, I still think it wasn’t a fair match given how the roster really looked for most of the game, so just a little humility.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Im havin sex w u rn
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
I’ve had my share of ankle injuries.

After Mahomes was all taped, I said to my brother , they should just take the loss.

Wylie also rolled his ankle after stepping on the already tapped ankle of Mahomes.

You don’t want to **** with sprains like that.

Anyway, back to my original point, I still think it wasn’t a fair match given how the roster really looked for most of the game, so just a little humility.
Don’t forget about the Jones injury too, that one is uh not good. Groin injury. f***ing ugh.

The Colts and teams like them are a bad matchup for us. A team like the Bills or Titans could easily upset us in the divisional round. And yea I was telling my friend we should just put in Matt Moore and take the L. It was one of those games. An alarming loss.

Reactions: ReggieDunlop68

ponzu4u

Feb 27, 2013
Giants fans upset about losing that game need to realistically look in the mirror and give themselves a quick smack.

This Giants team is not good. This is a rebuilding season. When they play good teams they are going to look really, really bad. Nate Stupar STARTED AT LINEBACKER TODAY!!>!>!>

Do you want ants

Thats how u get ants
Jul 2, 2015

The colts were missing half their defense and were pretty much written off after Luck retired.

Why not celebrate after a big win and holding KC to 13 points?

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
As far as my beloved Jets, yeah it's a dumpster fire...0-4 on the way for sure to 0-6 and likely 0-7 with the Boys,Pats and Jags on tap. Not sure what to think of Gase but I can tell you this and I hate that I'm thinking this but and I think I want Gase gone at end of year. He really doesn't seem to have the ability to adjust on the fly or be all to innovative.

Coaches need to adjust to injuries and when **** goes bad. I don't see that happening from Gase. He seems like he's out of his league here...I really do.

But I want to see how the team performs once Darnold, Herndon, Quinnen Williams and Mosely are back before I come to any official conclusions. If they still are showing nothing on offense crappy oline or not, I don't see why Douglass doesn't take a real hard look end of year at whether or not Gase is the guy to lead this football team. I'd have no problemo at all if Mike McCarthy wasn't given a call....hint hint.

Thank the good lord for the Rangers otherwise this fall and winter sports calendar would really be one of despair.

What do you expect him to do? He's playing without an NFL quality QB and they've been huge underdogs in the last three games and pretty much performed exactly how everyone expected. The overall team pass defense has been much better than I thought they would be. The Packers under McCarthy weren't any good either when Rodgers was hurt. They went 3-6 with Hundley in 2017 and the teams they beat were Chicago (5-11), Tampa (5-11), and Cleveland (0-16). They went 2-4-1 with Flynn/Tolzien/Wallace in 2013 beating Dallas (4-12) and Atlanta (8-8). So with backup QB's as a whole he's 5-10-1 and didn't win a single game against a team that ended above .500.

Deleted member 23124

Coaches need to adjust to injuries and when **** goes bad. I don't see that happening from Gase. He seems like he's out of his league here...I really do.

I was thinking the exact same thing about Gase....you could probably tell by my "quarterback whisperer" comment somewhere above. Seems to me he's not able to "coach" without a "star" quarterback. I found it interesting the announcers harped on Falk's record setting college years.

But when all is said and done, I don't think they'll do much better with Darnold. That front line is horrendous.

Reactions: Maximus

Deleted member 23124

What do you expect him to do? He's playing without an NFL quality QB and they've been huge underdogs in the last three games and pretty much performed exactly how everyone expected. The overall team pass defense has been much better than I thought they would be. The Packers under McCarthy weren't any good either when Rodgers was hurt. They went 3-6 with Hundley in 2017 and the teams they beat were Chicago (5-11), Tampa (5-11), and Cleveland (0-16). They went 2-4-1 with Flynn/Tolzien/Wallace in 2013 beating Dallas (4-12) and Atlanta (8-8). So with backup QB's as a whole he's 5-10-1 and didn't win a single game against a team that ended above .500.
I hate to beat a dead horse, but isn't he supposed to be a QB guru and offensive wizard???? If you're THAT good of a coach, you find a way to win or at least look competitive with what you have.

Reactions: Maximus

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
The beginning of the season was always going to be tough for the Jets. Bills, Browns, Pats 2x, Eagles, Cowboys. We all knew this. Now we're on a QB #3 and it's going as expected, and people are shocked by this?

I'm not sure where the shock is coming from. Do you expect to be beating the Eagles with a 3rd string QB?

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
The colts were missing half their defense and were pretty much written off after Luck retired.

Why not celebrate after a big win and holding KC to 13 points?

Because Mahomes was playing on a sprain, was taken out of the game, was stupidly placed back in, Wylie fell on Mahomes ankle further injuring him, Mahomes left the game for good, and then Wiley rolled his ankle.

To answer your question , ya know context?

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
I hate to beat a dead horse, but isn't he supposed to be a QB guru and offensive wizard???? If you're THAT good of a coach, you find a way to win or at least look competitive with what you have.

It's a nice thought but not realistic. If there was such a thing as a QB wizard who can easily turn these late round picks/undrafted players into competent players then there would be no need to have a good one. You'd just get some random guy and spend all your money on the lines and defense and such and that coach would likely be the number 1 most valuable commodity in the entire league.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Because Mahomes was playing on a sprain, was taken out of the game, was stupidly placed back in, Wylie fell on Mahomes ankle further injuring him, Mahomes left the game for good, and then Wiley rolled his ankle.

To answer your question , ya know context?

Did they dance on the field or something? What am I missing here, I went to bed before the end

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad