OT: 2019 Football Thread: Part III – Danny Dimes and Sammy Spleens Edition

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I'm sorry but I'm so disgusted right now and I need to get this off my chest. And let me preface this by saying I am THE biggest proponent of Joe Douglass of anyone but why haven't we heard from him? Why hasn't he brought in a QB better than Luke f'n Faulk? Listen my friends but I know there aren't a ton of QB's out there can win games but there has to be someone better than Luck f***ing Faulk...no?

How about Brock f***ing Osweiler? Josh Johnson? Heck, I'd even ask Mark f***ing Sanchez to leave his gig at ESPN to give a shot for a few weeks until Sam is ready.
And let's be honest, Sam is not going to be ready this week vs Eagles nor is he likely going to be ready vs the Cowboys as well. When a guy has his life on the line and it's life and death shit, you need to be conservative as possible. I wouldn't b surprised if Sam isn't ready to go until Miami which will be Week 8. Sorry for being so negative and usually I'm a cup is half full type of fan but this is ridiculous at this point.

I was so optomistic before the season and now I'm like are you f***ing kidding me...we are going to start the season 0-6 maybe worse. I dunno, every other team who has injuries or replaces their starting QB who has backup QB's like Jax, Pitt, the Giants, Carolina seems to win except for us. It's as if Gase and the coaching staff have used this honeymoon period they have and have given up. I'm so f***ing pissed off and not sure I've felt this negative as I feel right now since Rich f***ing Kotite was coaching this team 25 years ago.

We need to win a f***ing game and it doesn't look like there is a sense of urgency starting at the top from Douglass down to the players. I mean at this point, if the team makes a first down, we should do jumping jacks. Listen, I know Darnold coming down with mono was a fluke happenstance but for the team to seem as if they have given up is unacceptable especially when teams as I just mentioned have had similar bad shit happen to them seem to have not given up and at least given their fan bases some hope. We have none right now and I'm f***ing pissed off about it and I want Douglass to do what he is being paide 6 million a year to do something to give us loyal longtime fans like me some of that hope.....arrggggggg.

OK...off my soap box but man am I ticked off as the Steelers just showed tonight what a team who had everything go wrong for them this whole year, just win a game that at least gives their team and fans some hope. We of Jet Nation just sit around twittling our thumbs our team likely will get blown out in Philly this Sunday while Douglass and Gase do shit.

This is such BS...show some f***ing pride and put a game plan together this Sunday which gives the Eagles something to worry about ands at least makes them sweat. I have no confidence at all that will happen. The fact that this season has come to this is a disgrace and yeah I know all the shit about the "same ole Jets" but it didn't have to come to this...Darnold having mono or no mono. The team seems to have quit and that's unacceptable. Look at the f***ing Mets for inspiration...h0w about that? OK done...ugggggg

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
I'm sorry but I'm so disgusted right now and I need to get this off my chest. And let me preface this by saying I am THE biggest proponent of Joe Douglass of anyone but why haven't we heard from him? Why hasn't he brought in a QB better than Luke f'n Faulk? Listen my friends but I know there aren't a ton of QB's out there can win games but there has to be someone better than Luck ****ing Faulk...no?

How about Brock ****ing Osweiler? Josh Johnson? Heck, I'd even ask Mark ****ing Sanchez to leave his gig at ESPN to give a shot for a few weeks until Sam is ready.
And let's be honest, Sam is not going to be ready this week vs Eagles nor is he likely going to be ready vs the Cowboys as well. When a guy has his life on the line and it's life and death ****, you need to be conservative as possible. I wouldn't b surprised if Sam isn't ready to go until Miami which will be Week 8. Sorry for being so negative and usually I'm a cup is half full type of fan but this is ridiculous at this point.

I was so optomistic before the season and now I'm like are you ****ing kidding me...we are going to start the season 0-6 maybe worse. I dunno, every other team who has injuries or replaces their starting QB who has backup QB's like Jax, Pitt, the Giants, Carolina seems to win except for us. It's as if Gase and the coaching staff have used this honeymoon period they have and have given up. I'm so ****ing pissed off and not sure I've felt this negative as I feel right now since Rich ****ing Kotite was coaching this team 25 years ago.

We need to win a ****ing game and it doesn't look like there is a sense of urgency starting at the top from Douglass down to the players. I mean at this point, if the team makes a first down, we should do jumping jacks. Listen, I know Darnold coming down with mono was a fluke happenstance but for the team to seem as if they have given up is unacceptable especially when teams as I just mentioned have had similar bad **** happen to them seem to have not given up and at least given their fan bases some hope. We have none right now and I'm ****ing pissed off about it and I want Douglass to do what he is being paide 6 million a year to do something to give us loyal longtime fans like me some of that hope.....arrggggggg.

OK...off my soap box but man am I ticked off as the Steelers just showed tonight what a team who had everything go wrong for them this whole year, just win a game that at least gives their team and fans some hope. We of Jet Nation just sit around twittling our thumbs our team likely will get blown out in Philly this Sunday while Douglass and Gase do ****.

This is such BS...show some ****ing pride and put a game plan together this Sunday which gives the Eagles something to worry about ands at least makes them sweat. I have no confidence at all that will happen. The fact that this season has come to this is a disgrace and yeah I know all the **** about the "same ole Jets" but it didn't have to come to this...Darnold having mono or no mono. The team seems to have quit and that's unacceptable. Look at the ****ing Mets for inspiration...h0w about that? OK done...ugggggg

Anyone that can competently take a snap is on a roster... none of those three guys you mentioned are on a roster for a reason. Jets are on their 3rd QB... not 2nd... what team in the league is 3 strong at QB?

Hard to blame the current Jets GM when he was hired after the majority of the offseason had passed. However, I do blame Johnson for that - total Jet move. I give the GM credit for at least trying to sure up the O-line and secondary, but there wasn’t much left at that point. Jets have a ton of work to do in the offseason. It’s very frustrating bc I thought they’d have a shot to at least fight for a wildcard playoff spot.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Not only is he a 3rd stringer (at best) he had 2 face the browns in the middle of a game with no reps and the patriots. What QB looked good this season vs the pats?

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Darnold will be back in the next 2 weeks. You're not getting someone better off the street and bringing them up to speed on the offense.

Joe Douglas took over like a month ago. Not his fault at all.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Yeah you guys are right...I was just venting and alot of frustration came up when I saw the Steelers possibly get their season back on track on the back of a backup QB who threw the ball once over 20 yards all night....sound familiar?.

The 4 Tito and tonics I had didn't help either as dang...I sure was angry wasn't I? Now that I'm calm and back to myself, I can see I was being a bit unreasonable as I now it's not Douglass's fault as he wasn't here nor has he had enough time to fix what is wrong with this franchise. And not sure what Faulk can do really other than game manage.

Is it asking too much for the Jets to at least make the Eagles sweat it out on Sunday? Not like the Eagles D hasn't been vulnerable thus far. Maybe get Le'Veon out in space. Maybe show a little imagination on offense. I dunno...anything but what we've seen the first three weeks.

Funny thing is and it wouldn't surprise me in the least as it would be very "Jet like", if due to the Jets cushy schedule after they play Jax in Week 7, if they have Darnold back, they likely will win by accident 5-6 of their final 10 games and won't even get a primo draft spot like they've had the past two years.

I dunno man, this team continues to drive me nuts...that's where I was coming from last night.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
I'm sorry but I'm so disgusted right now and I need to get this off my chest. And let me preface this by saying I am THE biggest proponent of Joe Douglass of anyone but why haven't we heard from him? Why hasn't he brought in a QB better than Luke f'n Faulk?

Bc who gives a f*** it's a 3rd/4th Qb who can't get a job either way and we're playing killers. Injuries and a freak disease f***ed the season. Lose games. Don't literally murder the 22 year old kid QB, don't throw a public tantrum bc the team isn't signing absolute BUMS off the trash heap. Get an elite offensive talent in the draft bc of it. Smile and walk into next season

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Bc who gives a **** it's a 3rd/4th Qb who can't get a job either way and we're playing killers. Injuries and a freak disease ****ed the season. Lose games. Don't literally murder the 22 year old kid QB, don't throw a public tantrum bc the team isn't signing absolute BUMS off the trash heap. Get an elite offensive talent in the draft bc of it. Smile and walk into next season

Dude...you write this reply to me 3 hours AFTER I posted last night that I admittedly had gone a bit too far in my alcohol fueled rant about the current plight of the Jets and yet you still felt compelled enough to share these “pearls of wisdom” of yours nonetheless as if when I sobered up I didn’t say pretty much the same thing.

Thx for making things even more clearer than my 50 years of experience having been a loyal fan of this jinxed and cursed franchise....lol

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Dude...you write this reply to me 3 hours AFTER I posted last night that I admittedly had gone a bit too far in my alcohol fueled rant about the current plight of the Jets and yet you still felt compelled enough to share these “pearls of wisdom” of yours nonetheless as if when I sobered up I didn’t say pretty much the same thing.

Thx for making things even more clearer than my 50 years of experience having been a loyal fan of this jinxed and cursed franchise....lol
Then you should probably edit the first comment. Don't leave it up there unedited as if it accurately reflects what you feel bc something THAT hot take-y is going to generate some quick responses

People often read and respond to what's there, in order. That comment was pretty much in line with how you usually view things so I didn't think you'd be changing your mind. Parts of your second comment are still very much in line with the first comment. Kudos to you for sobering up and dialing it back afterwards at least

Last edited:

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Then you should probably edit the first comment. Don't leave it up there unedited as if it accurately reflects what you feel bc something THAT hot take-y is going to generate some quick responses

People often read and respond to what's there, in order. That comment was pretty much in line with how you usually view things so I didn't think you'd be changing your mind. Parts of your second comment are still very much in line with the first comment. Kudos to you for sobering up and dialing it back afterwards at least
Man, HF would be all misquotes of edited posts if ppl had to edit their slightly incoherent belligerent emotional rants the day after lol

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Man, HF would be all misquotes of edited posts if ppl had to edit their slightly incoherent belligerent emotional rants the day after lol

Just feels like, if you're taking the time to post a 4 paragraph mea culpa on the same thread page then it'd be easier to just throw a small edit at the start of the original post

Reactions: romba

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
I'm sorry but I'm so disgusted right now and I need to get this off my chest. And let me preface this by saying I am THE biggest proponent of Joe Douglass of anyone but why haven't we heard from him? Why hasn't he brought in a QB better than Luke f'n Faulk? Listen my friends but I know there aren't a ton of QB's out there can win games but there has to be someone better than Luck ****ing Faulk...no?

How about Brock ****ing Osweiler? Josh Johnson? Heck, I'd even ask Mark ****ing Sanchez to leave his gig at ESPN to give a shot for a few weeks until Sam is ready.
And let's be honest, Sam is not going to be ready this week vs Eagles nor is he likely going to be ready vs the Cowboys as well. When a guy has his life on the line and it's life and death ****, you need to be conservative as possible. I wouldn't b surprised if Sam isn't ready to go until Miami which will be Week 8. Sorry for being so negative and usually I'm a cup is half full type of fan but this is ridiculous at this point.

I was so optomistic before the season and now I'm like are you ****ing kidding me...we are going to start the season 0-6 maybe worse. I dunno, every other team who has injuries or replaces their starting QB who has backup QB's like Jax, Pitt, the Giants, Carolina seems to win except for us. It's as if Gase and the coaching staff have used this honeymoon period they have and have given up. I'm so ****ing pissed off and not sure I've felt this negative as I feel right now since Rich ****ing Kotite was coaching this team 25 years ago.

We need to win a ****ing game and it doesn't look like there is a sense of urgency starting at the top from Douglass down to the players. I mean at this point, if the team makes a first down, we should do jumping jacks. Listen, I know Darnold coming down with mono was a fluke happenstance but for the team to seem as if they have given up is unacceptable especially when teams as I just mentioned have had similar bad **** happen to them seem to have not given up and at least given their fan bases some hope. We have none right now and I'm ****ing pissed off about it and I want Douglass to do what he is being paide 6 million a year to do something to give us loyal longtime fans like me some of that hope.....arrggggggg.

OK...off my soap box but man am I ticked off as the Steelers just showed tonight what a team who had everything go wrong for them this whole year, just win a game that at least gives their team and fans some hope. We of Jet Nation just sit around twittling our thumbs our team likely will get blown out in Philly this Sunday while Douglass and Gase do ****.

This is such BS...show some ****ing pride and put a game plan together this Sunday which gives the Eagles something to worry about ands at least makes them sweat. I have no confidence at all that will happen. The fact that this season has come to this is a disgrace and yeah I know all the **** about the "same ole Jets" but it didn't have to come to this...Darnold having mono or no mono. The team seems to have quit and that's unacceptable. Look at the ****ing Mets for inspiration...h0w about that? OK done...ugggggg

I was a Jets fan most of my life from 1984 until 2006, I just couldn't do it anymore didn't like anything about the whole franchise - players, management, owner, nothing - so I took up my second favorite team the New Orleans Saints just as Drees Brees got there. Probably the best decision I ever made when it comes to being a fan of a team. Life's too short, you gotta know when to let go

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
I was a Jets fan most of my life from 1984 until 2006, I just couldn't do it anymore didn't like anything about the whole franchise - players, management, owner, nothing - so I took up my second favorite team the New Orleans Saints just as Drees Brees got there. Probably the best decision I ever made when it comes to being a fan of a team. Life's too short, you gotta know when to let go

It's brutal being a Jets fan but I'll never abandon my team. Just not something I could ever bring myself to do.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
It's brutal being a Jets fan but I'll never abandon my team. Just not something I could ever bring myself to do.

It was pretty easy for me, my family is not a big football family and there was no established teams, my brother's a dolphins fan my other brother is a Cowboys fan, one of my cousins is also a Cowboy fan and one of my uncles is a Steelers fan. My wife's family are all Giants fans.

I think I took a lot of abuse as a Jet fan over those 20 plus years, I paid my dues, I did my part, like I said Life's too short, it's not like switching religions, to me it's just a sport team.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
It was pretty easy for me, my family is not a big football family and there was no established teams, my brother's a dolphins fan my other brother is a Cowboys fan, one of my cousins is also a Cowboy fan and one of my uncles is a Steelers fan. My wife's family are all Giants fans.

I think I took a lot of abuse as a Jet fan over those 20 plus years, I paid my dues, I did my part, like I said Life's too short, it's not like switching religions, to me it's just a sport team.

More power to you, man. I sometimes wish I could quit the Jets - lol

Reactions: Bluenote13

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad