OT: 2019 Football Thread: Part III – Danny Dimes and Sammy Spleens Edition

Anzi

May 16, 2019
Boston
couldn't bring myself to actually cheer for them to lose, but the result works out nonetheless.

still think the giants beat washington so this tankathon is going to be close.

We could easily win 2 of 3 considering its the Dolphins without their best player, Redskins, and the Eagles again.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
This is incredibly sad. We are heading the way of the Dolphins and Redskins. Formerly proud and successful franchises that have become laughingstocks.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
We could easily win 2 of 3 considering its the Dolphins without their best player, Redskins, and the Eagles again.
Not happening. We have a team that lacks talent at key positions and one of the worst coaches in NFL history. I'll be stunned if they win another game.

Anzi

May 16, 2019
Boston
This game showed pretty clearly that Jones is probably the better overall QB at this stage of their careers. Eli has better ball security and just generally more experienced but Jones is better at keeping the ball moving down the field. Eli had a good 2nd quarter taking advantage of some terrible play from Ronald Darby but had like 27 yards in the 2nd half.

Anzi

May 16, 2019
Boston
Not happening. We have a team that lacks talent at key positions and one of the worst coaches in NFL history. I'll be stunned if they win another game.

We're actually 3 point favorites next week against the Dolphins. And we'll probably be favorites against the Redskins as well.

Anzi

May 16, 2019
Boston
I'll honestly be upset if we win more than 1 game out of the last 3. If we win 2 or more, we could be looking at the 6th pick in the draft instead of the 2nd.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I'll honestly be upset if we win more than 1 game out of the last 3. If we win 2 or more, we could be looking at the 6th pick in the draft instead of the 2nd.

They will probably lose to miami. I don’t think this defense will be able to hold Fitzpatrick in check. Outside of his poor game against the Jets a few days ago he has been lighting up some of the more decent defenses in recent weeks. It seems highly unlikely they won’t beat the Skins. Haskins doesn’t really have the game IMO. If the Giants can score 20-25 in that game I’m guessing they’ll win it. Philly comes down to do they need that game. If they don’t need it or have been eliminated I would be concerned they won’t show up and the Giants could grab it

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
29 yards of offense in the 2nd half lol

Ertz is like the only player left on Philly who still has his hands attached to his arms and he was wide open on that TD

He was wide open all game. Including 2 consecutive 20+ yard throws downfield at one point where no one was remotely close to him.

Leaving him free to run around while you blanket Fred & Greg from Accounting at WR all game is an interesting strategy.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
If the Giants get the number 1 pick, there could be a scenerio where they could trade down a couple of spots and grab extra pick/s and still get Young.

Assuming the Dolphins and Bengals want/go with a QB, the problem is that whoever they trade with would likely see Young as the top guy in this draft --- and I'd agree with that assessment.

So even if the Giants picked first overall (which I don't think will happen), the most likely way they'd trade down, and still get Young, is if the Dolphins want to leapfrog the Bengals for first dibs on a QB.

Personally, in this scenario, I think the Giants pick second, and I'd prefer they just take Young and not try to get too cute. Part of this is for selfish reasons, I just want to enjoy the first day of one freaking draft where I'm not getting neck cramps from shaking my damn head.

Day 2, 34th pick, grab an OT.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad