OT: 2019 Football Thread: Part III – Danny Dimes and Sammy Spleens Edition

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
My 7 month old would not lay down to go to sleep so I had the soundtrack of an angry, screaming baby while we took that 1Q beating.

now I’m gonna crack an 11% stout and watch anything else.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Finally have a day off and the Jets live so I'm watching then for the first time today. Have they been this shit all season? Maybe the worst I've ever seen them.

Reactions: bl02

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
People shitting on Jones but with less to work with and worse weather he looked better against the Pats. Not much better but still better. Lots of game left to be played though.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Jamal Adams is a stud no doubt about it.

Mac at least got that right.

Can we at least get a FG and heaven forbid a TD before the half?

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
QB can't thrown down-field, good to see the offensive genius has gotten Bell a target 0 times tonight.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
What can you say...just a pathetic half of football.

Yeah it's the Patriots and yes their D is the best in the league but 66 total yards?

My lord...why do I do this to myself. The aggravation is so tired and boring.

Thanks Pops...luv ya but thank for being a Joe Namath fan and taking me to Shea Stadium as a little boy all the time forcing me to become a Jet fan. Why couldn't you have liked Fran Tarkenton instead? I could have been a Giant fan and have had 4 parades to have gone too instead of none seeing I was too young for SB III....FML....lol

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
This is all on Gase. You can't keep running empty sets and expect them to not man up and zero blitz at this point. It's obvious

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Another atrocious INT from Sam. He's like the opposite of last week.

Not sure what the hell is going on but this is embarassing at this point. If we had a decent backup, I'd bench Sam at this point. He looks worse than Faulk did if that's possible.

Unbelievable how bad we are tonight.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
This is all on Gase. You can't keep running empty sets and expect them to not man up and zero blitz at this point. It's obvious

Gase is a short-sleeping psycho who thinks people who be with their wives at childbirth lack professional commitment. He can't be fired soon enough.

Reactions: Maximus

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
This should be a good battle in a few weeks between Darnold and Jones to see who can suck more. In a small sample size it almost seems Jones has looked better against good teams than Darnold has. I mean Jones didn’t look anywhere near this awful against New England and his entire offense was injured

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
This should be a good battle in a few weeks between Darnold and Jones to see who can suck more. In a small sample size it almost seems Jones has looked better against good teams than Darnold has. I mean Jones didn’t look anywhere near this awful against New England and his entire offense was injured

Plus short week, plus road game, plus high gusts of wind.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA

Jones looks just as awful yesterday tho vs Arizona

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Plus short week, plus road game, plus high gusts of wind.

That said he still looks bad as far as pass rush recognition and holding onto the ball. He might be one of those guys who is like 35 TDs 25 INTs every year. Brett Favre was sort of that way but not for the above reasons. He just gun slang. Jones might be more a rich man’s Flacco

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad