World Cup: 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I'm really not impressed with Morgan's sportsmanship in this one, especially since going up 2-1. I don't recall her acting like this in years past. I suppose becoming co-captain has encouraged her to lead by bad example.
I think the team has convinced themselves they are the victims and underdogs, and this is them "rebelling", it's definitely a weird thing going on with them.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Just want to clarify that it was a good save by all standards except the one earlier in the tournament. I think you should be allowed to move whenever you want in net and close down the angle a little bit.

She takes a step forward before the penalty taker reaches the ball.

She's allowed to step off the line with one foot as long as the other remains in some contact with it

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Just want to clarify that it was a good save by all standards except the one earlier in the tournament. I think you should be allowed to move whenever you want in net and close down the angle a little bit.

She takes a step forward before the penalty taker reaches the ball.
Yes but one foot is still on the line, which is good if I recall correctly.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
giphy.gif

Conrad McBenis

Bow Down
Jan 10, 2018
Nah nah nah... nah nah nah....

USA just keeps on winning! So much winning, I'm almost sick of it!

Hell of a game by England though... great match.

I see the same salty people were in here complaining all game again.

Sunday is going to be crazy!!!

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Am I the only one who finds Hope Solo's voice irritating? It's on a par with Chris Sutton.

Actually, no, Sutton is far worse.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
USA deserved the win. England did themselves in.

I think nerves unsettled both teams in the second half - and maybe fatigue too. But clearly the best team won. It's the first time I've seen the United States, and while here they weren't strikingly fluent in their attacks their pace and power was streets ahead of England.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad