World Cup: 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
If they followed the rules from earlier in the tournament the penalty should have been retaken, keeper went early.
Would have been hilarious with a third VAR.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
If they followed the rules from earlier in the tournament the penalty should have been retaken, keeper went early.
Would have been hilarious with a third VAR.

I didn't see a clear replay of it, only one they had that focused on her feet was the one across the goal where you can't see the ball.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
These announcers are terrible.

"The US would not have gone to the corners if they knew there was going to be 7 minute of extra time"

Uhhh, why not. They killed a solid 4 minutes doing that, it's not like you're only allowed to do it once a game.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
These announcers are terrible.

"The US would not have gone to the corners if they knew there was going to be 7 minute of extra time"

Uhhh, why not. They killed a solid 4 minutes doing that, it's not like you're only allowed to do it once a game.
Plus we all knew there’d be 7 because that’s become the customary VAR time. Surprised it wasn’t more with two VARs.

Also white is super obnoxious hopping in front of the keeper. As the goalie, I’m letting you do that and holding the ball. It’s a violation on you to prevent me from playing the ball, so I’ll wait and let the ref call it. Then put the ball down to take a free kick and take up plenty of time.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I'm really not impressed with Morgan's sportsmanship in this one, especially since going up 2-1. I don't recall her acting like this in years past. I suppose becoming co-captain has encouraged her to lead by bad example.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I didn't see a clear replay of it, only one they had that focused on her feet was the one across the goal where you can't see the ball.
Will have to see another replay, but it looked good to me.
Just want to clarify that it was a good save by all standards except the one earlier in the tournament. I think you should be allowed to move whenever you want in net and close down the angle a little bit.

She takes a step forward before the penalty taker reaches the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad