World Cup: 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
England had a saved penalty and a goal scored while inches offside. The idea that they didn't have the talent to stop the US is laughable.
So lsugh then. The game may have been close, but the gap in talent and technical ability was, and has been clear to see.

Saying it was never going to be England is of speaking to illustrate the gulf in talent and technique and skill. Yes, sometimes a lesser teams threatens or even beats a better team, but it’s generally not the smart bet.

Sep 19, 2008
IF it's a foul it's an insanely soft foul. But naher made the save anyway. Lmao England. They couldn't bear that disappointment and gooned it up penguins style.

SAD!

Sep 19, 2008
You should probably get your eyes checked.
Nobody at the bar thought it was.

I'd probably say the same to you because checking other non partisan message boards they didn't think it one either. Your bias against the uswnt is evident.

Well I got news for you they won.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
She was unquestionably touched no matter what people at a bar (lol) said or what mythical non partisan message boards say. And I’m a pretty obvious US fan.

Reactions: gary69

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
The only hate is the made up hate them and their fans seems so desperate to fabricate.

And where is all this salt? There certainly isn't any in this thread and I haven't seen it in other places I have read about the game, but I certainly don't read everything.

Reactions: Stray Wasp
Sep 19, 2008
Man, I can only imagine why people hate US fans after reading some of the stuff written here today. It isn't the team pushing the buttons, it's the people who follow it. Our men's team can't even get in the goddamn World Cup, you would think people have some humility.
No its definitely the team that rubs people the wrong way. People are insanely jealous.

Remember, this is a team labeled by British tabloids as "too arrogant".

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
The only hate is the made up hate them and their fans seems so desperate to fabricate.

And where is all this salt? There certainly isn't any in this thread and I haven't seen it in other places I have read about the game, but I certainly don't read everything.
I mean, there was plenty of stuff like this:

There’s definitely been some salt in this thread. But it’s just sports fandom.

Sep 19, 2008

I usually agree with you but I really don't think that was a foul but we'll just disagree. You are right about the salt and multiple people here openly have anti uswnt agendas. It's as clear as day.

Reactions: Plub

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017

I don't really see that as salt at all.

I think the American team and especially fans have been arrogant. I think there is nothing wrong with pointing that out. It certainly has nothing to do with salt. Just like pointing out the dive by Morgan was not salt just pointing out a fact.

Reactions: tuozzi
Sep 19, 2008
It's funny to see all the once every 4 years fans here acting all tough when in between most of you never watch or go to a women soccer game in the US. I'm sure the US Women players are so proud to have fake fans like you who don't contribute anything to the women's game.
I'll have you know I frequent the Washington spirit games in the DC region and have seen the US players multiple times including a friendly at rfk stadium.

I can't speak for the rest but I've called these wnt games since 2011. That's four years before you discovered hfboards.mandatory.com.

Sep 19, 2008
Losing is fine but England fouled like mad the last few minutes. Maybe they thought they were playing basketball. Shameful. Don't be like the pengoons.

Also lmao at Neville talking shit about hotel gate and usa still won anyway.

Blueblood9

Dec 11, 2011
Nashville, TN
im the biggest merica homer out there and i called it a penalty.

Incidental contact in the box while crossing another player will always get called

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis

I think the American team and especially fans have been arrogant. I think there is nothing wrong with pointing that out. It certainly has nothing to do with salt. Just like pointing out the dive by Morgan was not salt just pointing out a fact.
I mean, there’s a lot of English punditry calling the tea sipping celebration distasteful, which qualifies as salt to me.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com

I feel like the woman's team is showing a ton of personality and that can only be good for the sport as it grabs headlines. Even the NFL let up on scoring celebrations for this very reason.

Keep them coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad