World Cup: 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Italy has looked great this tournament; I hope they win.

"Vivianne Miedema kreeg zondagochtend een appje van de Japanse aanvalster Mana Iwabuchi, die ze kent uit hun gezamenlijke tijd bij Bayern München. 'We gaan zo trainen, alleen maar op hoe we jou gaan afstoppen', stond er in het bericht. "

Sportredactie 23-06-19, 23:16

Vivianne Miedema sunday morning received an app message from Japanese attacker Mana Iwabuchi, whom she knows from their time together at Bayern. "We're about to train, just at how to stop you, the message read"

This should be a good game. Reigning European champs vs. Reigning Asian champs.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Also for the record:

A direct free kick is awarded if a player commits any of the following offences against an opponent in a manner considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force:

• charges
• jumps at
• kicks or attempts to kick
• pushes
• strikes or attempts to strike (including head-butt)
• tackles or challenges
• trips or attempts to trip

If anyone somehow still thinks that was a foul in the box yesterday and a legitimate penalty...oy vey. I certainly don't know how anyone could watch that, in realtime or otherwise, and think it was 'careless, reckless, or using excessive force'. Barely touching someone who then proceeds to swan dive (very poorly, btw) is none of those things.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Also for the record:

If anyone somehow still thinks that was a foul in the box yesterday and a legitimate penalty...oy vey. I certainly don't know how anyone could watch that, in realtime or otherwise, and think it was 'careless, reckless, or using excessive force'. Barely touching someone who then proceeds to swan dive (very poorly, btw) is none of those things.

*swan dive two paces later

Reactions: YNWA14

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Follow through has been called at least twice so far for penalties. Other games. And at least 1 of those was a card given (y)

Reactions: Pouchkine

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
She was the one who lowered her head into her foot to get the header. It's the chance you take when you attempt a low header. Gamma fully cleared the ball.

The GK one was pure red. She didn't get any part of the ball. I don't how didn't even have a var review for that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tryamw

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Italy has been class all tourney. I do think their conditioning is an issue however. Nice surprise to me

Reactions: Pouchkine
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad