2019 F1

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Well that was interesting.

"The last lap of qualifying if under investigation"

What are you investigating, exactly? No one did anything against the rules.

I guess something COULD be given to Hulkenberg (for steadfastly refusing to take the chicane despite driving 35 km), but penalizing only one driver for this would be a travesty.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I guess something COULD be given to Hulkenberg (for steadfastly refusing to take the chicane despite driving 35 km), but penalizing only one driver for this would be a travesty.
Yeah, there's no way you can point out one guy and say he was the reason for this. Every team and every driver was responsible for this mess, which makes penalizing anyone impossible.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Every single F1 fan right now:

DentalTintedFritillarybutterfly-size_restricted.gif

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Bring back one shot qualifying. Someone will get screwed by the weather every now and then? I don't care, that'll happen like once or twice every season. Life is not fair.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I honestly have no idea what...like...

Racing Point probably loses out the most really. Somehow they now have Stroll starting behind Kimi who crashed out.

I don't know anything about anything here anymore

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Yeah, there's no way you can point out one guy and say he was the reason for this. Every team and every driver was responsible for this mess, which makes penalizing anyone impossible.

Sainz and Hulk deserves something for this, but... How can you penalize THE guy who actually set a lap?

The better option would be "Okay guys, you all go back on the track and you have 2 minutes to set a lap time, while failure to do so will result in taking the start at the rear (or DSQ)", but that wouldn't work for many reasons.

Also, I can't understand how VET and BOT time the first around counted. VET appeared to have 4 wheels out of the track and the Red Flag was already waved as BOT crossed the finish line...

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I honestly have no idea what...like...

Racing Point probably loses out the most really. Somehow they now have Stroll starting behind Kimi who crashed out.

I don't know anything about anything here anymore

Stroll will start ahead of Kimi by virtue of being quicker in Q2... Unless I missed a recent developpment.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Honestly. Just re-run Q3 with all the drivers who earned their way there but instead of having them drive, which none of them wanted to do, they're having a full on foot race around the full track.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Stroll will start ahead of Kimi by virtue of being quicker in Q2... Unless I missed a recent developpment.

I'm just going by the classification F1 posted which has Stroll 10th so...as I said...I honestly have no idea

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I'm just going by the classification F1 posted which has Stroll 10th so...as I said...I honestly have no idea

I mean, had Stroll just went on track at 3 minutes left and set a time, he would've ended up 6th or 7th.

(Or would've ended up being blocked by all drivers, possibly giving him the pole(!); alternately and more realistically, none of these shenanigans would've happened)

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
https://www.fia.com/file/94181/download/28940

FIA: You ran wide on purpose.
Nico: No I didn't.
FIA: Ok, case closed. No penalty.

Now they're looking at him a second time for driving too slowly. May not be so lucky this time.

Sounds like they're dragging every driver in one by one. I'm sure they will all blame each other and nothing happens.

This is more exciting than the French GP, so we've got that going for us.

Reactions: MXD

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Now they're looking at him a second time for driving too slowly. May not be so lucky this time.

Sounds like they're dragging every driver in one by one. I'm sure they will all blame each other and nothing happens.

This is more exciting than the French GP, so we've got that going for us.
Lots of people are pissed and that's completely justified, but I'm finding this mess highly amusing and entertaining.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I feel Hulk, Sainz and Stroll were the most visual offenders but outside of maybe the Ferrari's I didn't see anybody actively trying to get shit done. I think you'd have to punish all drivers and not just single one guy out....and really.... Hulk was the most obvious choice if you were to single a guy out and they didn't.

Last edited:

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Lol @ Vettel and Stroll. Credit to the stewards, think they got this one right.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Leclerc speaks good Italian (well I have no idea but it sounds fluent so I guess so), Ferrari is his team now.

Fun fact, Albon has finished ahead of Max in both of his races at Red Bull.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Lol @ Vettel and Stroll. Credit to the stewards, think they got this one right.

A shame for Stroll though. And you can understand how he was clearly rattled after being ridiculously hit by Vettel. His penalty clearly cost him a point or two.

Frankly, Vettel deserved a black-flag there.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
A shame for Stroll though. And you can understand how he was clearly rattled after being ridiculously hit by Vettel. His penalty clearly cost him a point or two.

Frankly, Vettel deserved a black-flag there.
Yeah, Stroll gets the benefit of the doubt there as he was already on the track and it was a tough situation for him to get out of. Vettel though... he was completely off the track and then decides to just drive right in the middle of it.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Leclerc speaks good Italian (well I have no idea but it sounds fluent so I guess so), Ferrari is his team now.

Monégasque is essentially a dialect of Italian.

Vettel should just retire and come back later if he happens to find his mojo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad