2019 Entry Draft Thread: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Byron is going somewhere in the top 6, teams are going to want to feast on Dmen in a year like that. Look for every single one of Byram, Broberg, Robertson and Soderberg to be overdrafted. Quote me on that.
Chychrun fell to 16, I think Byram can definitely fall. Draft is always a crapshoot.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Anyone think McMichael goes top 10? Imo there's somewhat of a drop off after:
Hughes
Kakko
Cozens
Dach
Zegras

I would be so happy if we made the playoffs and Kaliyev fell to us

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Anyone think McMichael goes top 10? Imo there's somewhat of a drop off after:
Hughes
Kakko
Cozens
Dach
Zegras

I would be so happy if we made the playoffs and Kaliyev fell to us
McMichael is the type of talent that is way too overlooked. He looks like Ehlers/K.Connor out there. Very skilled and fast I would rather have him than Kaliyev for sure. He fits the new NHL to the T.

Last edited:
Reactions: G0bias and Habs76

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
watched some of the Hamilton - Oshawa game. Where is Danil Antropov slated to go, he had a big night with 4 pts and is he related to the former NHLer?

didn't pay too much attention to Kaliyev, as the gens just steam rolled Hamilton but was trying to look closer at his skating which didn't seem that bad to me although i'm far from an expert on skating.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
watched some of the Hamilton - Oshawa game. Where is Danil Antropov slated to go, he had a big night with 4 pts and is he related to the former NHLer?

didn't pay too much attention to Kaliyev, as the gens just steam rolled Hamilton but was trying to look closer at his skating which didn't seem that bad to me although i'm far from an expert on skating.
Its fine. The problem is that be stops skating at times.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Byron is going somewhere in the top 6, teams are going to want to feast on Dmen in a year like that. Look for every single one of Byram, Broberg, Robertson and Soderberg to be overdrafted. Quote me on that.

I actually think D will fall this year. I would not be surprised if no D is drafted top 10.

Current bottom 12 teams: I don't see a team in the top 8 drafting D. Canucks, Wings, Senators & Rangers are maybes. Definitely could be a year where D doesn't get taken top 10.

Kings
Hawks
Panthers
Flyers
Devils
Blues
Coyotes
Hurricanes
Canucks (maybe)
Wings
Senators
Rangers

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I actually think D will fall this year. I would not be surprised if no D is drafted top 10.

Current bottom 12 teams: I don't see a team in the top 8 drafting D. Canucks, Wings, Senators & Rangers are maybes. Definitely could be a year where D doesn't get taken top 10.

Kings
Hawks
Panthers
Flyers
Devils
Blues
Coyotes
Hurricanes
Canucks (maybe)
Wings
Senators
Rangers

I think we'll see a Hayton/Dellandrea/Obrien situation, where teams are thirsty for Ds and just shoot for it.

Reactions: jayhabsvgk

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I think we'll see a Hayton/Dellandrea/Obrien situation, where teams are thirsty for Ds and just shoot for it.

Except your example is all forwards. Lol

What I mean is I don't see a team in top 8 that is so thirsty for D they'll pass on a scoring forward.

Hayton & Dellandrea both went really early. That's going to happen again.

Hughes, Kakko, Podkolzin, Cozens, Dach, Boldy, Lavoie, Turcotte, Suzuki, Zegras, Newhook, maybe McMichael too. I can easily see teams reaching for a forward over D again.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Except your example is all forwards. Lol

What I mean is I don't see a team in top 8 that is so thirsty for D they'll pass on a scoring forward.

Hayton & Dellandrea both went really early. That's going to happen again.

Hughes, Kakko, Podkolzin, Cozens, Dach, Boldy, Lavoie, Turcotte, Suzuki, Zegras, Newhook, maybe McMichael too. I can easily see teams reaching for a forward over D again.
Difference being 2018 was strong in Ds and weak in Cs. Swap Cs for Ds in 2019.

Reactions: jayhabsvgk

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Kaliyev is making me re-think my opinion of him rn, having a phenomenal game. Showing grit and intensity I didn't see from him before.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I mean he's really inconsistent. It depends on when you see him it seems, which is still somewhat of a red flag. Need to try your ass off game-in, game-out.
Ive seen worst players make it to the NHL in that department. Plus all he has to do is rely on his tools and hell be a NHL player, the rest is just gravy with a guy that has these tools.

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Brook's teammate Brayden Tracey with two assists last night. Currently sitting at 10G, 20A in 30 games. Wouldn't be surprised to see this guy wearing the bleu blanc et rouge at Rogers Arena this June.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Ive seen worst players make it to the NHL in that department. Plus all he has to do is rely on his tools and hell be a NHL player, the rest is just gravy with a guy that has these tools.
Can't rely only on tools though. That's the big red flag to me. In junior, players have tons of time to make plays and loads of open ice so it's not an issue but when the coverage improves in the NHL things chance. That said, I'd still be willing to take him based off of his tools around the 15-25 range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad