2019 Entry Draft Thread: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
He has nothing on Laine.

Laine has a better shot, skating, vision, intensity and simply put natural talent.

Kaliyev is a big time floater and he never backcheck hard or even show commitment defensively. He has a one way motor... Offense. He is also a very poor skater. He is not a lost cause but I would not gamble a 1st pick on him. He reminds me a poor skating Kostitsyn.
Laine is poor skater as well. The player just never skates.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I'd rage so hard if they picked a mediocre defenseman over all the better forwards that'll be left at those picks

+++++1111111111

This 2019 draft is not the year to pick a D-man, other than maybe 1 or 2 within the first 15 picks, from a Habs perspective anyways. Too many forwards worth consideration though we still got a full season to see who rises and falls.

I think Byram is a sure thing to be the first defenceman picked but I think the team that does pick him is doing so to directly address a need and must be stocked with forwards already.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
+++++1111111111

This 2019 draft is not the year to pick a D-man, other than maybe 1 or 2 within the first 15 picks, from a Habs perspective anyways. Too many forwards worth consideration though we still got a full season to see who rises and falls.

I think Byram is a sure thing to be the first defenceman picked but I think the team that does pick him is doing so to directly address a need and must be stocked with forwards already.

In all honesty all the d look mediocre compared to the forwards at the top of the draft this year but that's just my opinion others probably feel differently

Alright, I don't mind a forward anyway... BPA is always the way to go.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
If we continue to trend to being a 9-10 placed team.. (thanks soft December schedule); then Victor Soderstrom would be a target of mine.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Soderstrom in that range? Gosh Id be pretty mad.

In the middle of the first round? He's a stud back there. I mean at that point you've already missed on Dach Hughes Cozens Kakko Podkolzin. He's absolutely in the mix with the tier after that.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I don't expect Turcotte or Newhook or even Suzuki to be there.

But Soderstrom is definitely legit. He's a new age D man who can do it all.
Another RD, exactly what the Habs need.

I'd much rather go with Robertson, LD, huge size, good skater, great ES production, cannon shot... All the doctor ordered for the Habs.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Another RD, exactly what the Habs need.

I'd much rather go with Robertson, LD, huge size, good skater, great ES production, cannon shot... All the doctor ordered for the Habs.

Coulda swore he was playing LD at the U18 but maybe that was Broberg and Bjornfot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->