2019 Entry Draft Thread: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I know a few posters wanted us to draft Kyle Topping last year, haven't seen him yet but with the start he's had I'm guessing he's a lock to be picked in June if he keeps this up. 15 pts in 11 games he's outscoring all of our CHL picks last summer so far although he was a ppg in the regular season and playoffs and still didn't get picked so maybe there's something to his game I missed as I only saw him once but really liked what I saw. Maybe he ends up like Bajkov where he doesn't get picked despite putting up 178 pts in 143 games.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I know a few posters wanted us to draft Kyle Topping last year, haven't seen him yet but with the start he's had I'm guessing he's a lock to be picked in June if he keeps this up. 15 pts in 11 games he's outscoring all of our CHL picks last summer so far although he was a ppg in the regular season and playoffs and still didn't get picked so maybe there's something to his game I missed as I only saw him once but really liked what I saw. Maybe he ends up like Bajkov where he doesn't get picked despite putting up 178 pts in 143 games.

I didn't have a lot of viewings of him last year, but his compete and skill stood out to me every time I did. Paired with what I was reading from fellow posters, I had him high and thought he'd go from late 2nd to somewhere in the 3rd, at most early 4th. I think scouts expected more as a late birthday with his skating.

I like him too.

Reactions: Mrb1p

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
I was pretty high on him, hoping we'd atleast give him a tryout. Dunno how he looked with SJS but he's doing very well on a pretty weak Kelowna team.

Last edited:

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Another Seider shift by shift is up. Didn't look at it yet, but he was godawful in the first one I saw. Will be interesting to see how he's adapted.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
In addition to Topping, I believe some were interested in Austen Keating from the 67's, he's also off to a good start with 16 pts in 10 games. Might be someone to keep an eye on. I was watching the OS vs Oshawa game from last week and the announcers were talking up Marco Rossi from Austria, he's 8 days too late for the '19 draft but they were saying how skilled he is, never heard of him before.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
I suggest everyone join me on the Constantinou hype train, been chugging since last year
Why? Just looking at his lower level stats it doesnt strike me as amazing or anything. Whats your evaluation?

Janne Niinimaa

"Character"
Sep 28, 2017
Montreal
I liked Topping quite a bit. I was quite upset with Harris, Gorniak, Houde and Stapley over Topping each time.

Good to see him doing well, IMO would still be a good pick in the middle of next draft.

ProspectsSTC

Jul 12, 2014
Why? Just looking at his lower level stats it doesnt strike me as amazing or anything. Whats your evaluation?
He's an incredible skater, very shifty, great passer and very good offensive instincts. He'll need more time than Mete did but once he adds some more strength he's going to be a very good NHL defenseman.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
What does Hughes have to do to move over Kakko for 1st overall ?

I'm serious. I've been more impressed with Kakko this year. I don't see Hughes as the clear cut no.1

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

I'm serious. I've been more impressed with Kakko this year. I don't see Hughes as the clear cut no.1

He needs to progress. I'm not taking some stagnant jabroni 1st overall.

Janne Niinimaa

"Character"
Sep 28, 2017
Montreal

I agree with you actually. Kakko has always been very close to Hughes for me and as of now, he's been more impressive.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I liked Topping quite a bit. I was quite upset with Harris, Gorniak, Houde and Stapley over Topping each time.

Good to see him doing well, IMO would still be a good pick in the middle of next draft.
All of those mid round picks are up to good starts so at least we might not get burned too bad there. Ironically, Hillis and McShane are the ones that are having a false start .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad